Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Did some budget hotrodding today. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Did some budget hotrodding today.

93hulk
06-10-2012, 11:13 AM
I was messing around the garage yesterday and came across stock 89-93 maf and remembered a conversation that Vinny and I had around 10yrs ago at Tristate. He was there in his and Holly's little black coupe beating the snot out of it lol. He was telling me that he had plans on porting all the stock induction system and see how much he could pick up. A couple weeks latter I saw him there and the car was running a little better. He told me hogged out his stock MAF and it made a difference in the car. So after i took my stock 92 to the track and for some base runs before the car goes under the knife i decided to mess around with stock combo a bit. So this morning I took that old MAF and took it a part. I started with a large tooth carbide aluminum cutter in a drill and took off the largest part of material. Then i moved to a finer tooth cutter to smooth things out. Once I removed the amount of material I felt comfortable with I took my Dremal with a 80 grit flapper wheel and smoothed it out then 60 grit to 40. I measured the stock Maf at 53mm when i was done it was at 68 mm. Which for a couple hours work and no cost might be worth somebody's time. When I was done i installed the meter and the car runs perfect and has better throttle response. I sit here smiling thinking of my old friend and the wealth of knowledge that he possessed and was willing to share. Thanks again Vinny.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z222/93hulk/IMG_20120610_103627.jpg

Here is a side by side comparison.

orangedemon331
06-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Looking good Mark! RIP Vinny, gone but never forgotten!

leroy93lx
06-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I did the same thing years ago when I was first trying to get all I could out of my stock appearing set-up. I am currently still running my stock intake that has been cut in half and reworked. There are ways to go fast with stock junk if you have some patience and a couple skills

redfirepearlgt
06-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Very well done. Looks like you have the talent for jet engine building. Nice work.

mustang8998
06-10-2012, 01:48 PM
What do you do about the throttle plate, Mark. 15mm is a big difference.

draggin50
06-10-2012, 01:57 PM
There isnt any throttle plate in the mass air meter!!!

mustang8998
06-11-2012, 03:42 AM
Duh, what was I thinking, LOL!