PDA

View Full Version : Ar 15/10 For SAle

HawksWR37
06-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Anybody know of any local stores that stock a lot of ar's and parts? Looking to start getting into assault riffles.

Thanks in advance.

jeep45238
06-19-2012, 10:54 AM
We have about 40 different ar's, including an unfired used ar10.

HawksWR37
06-19-2012, 03:31 PM
you guys have them in stock?

Maximus
06-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh Hell yes they do!! I was drooling over all of them!!:bigthumb

jeep45238
06-19-2012, 09:38 PM
you guys have them in stock?

We sure do. Top tier, middle, and bottom tier for all budgets.

IWRBB
06-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Looking to start getting into assault riffles.

How do you define an assult rifle? I can assult someone with a Ruger 10/22.

Pitbull1052
06-20-2012, 12:13 PM
here's the def right from Federal AWB

Assult Rifle:
Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device which enables the launching or firing of rifle grenades, though strangely, this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those which are mounted externally)

IWRBB
06-20-2012, 12:22 PM
So by their definition, a 10/22 IS an assult rifle if you have the folding stock with pistol grip. Wow. Moot anyways since wheter it's considered an "assualt rifle" means nothing in Ohio when are buying and selling.

chris91
06-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Hey Mike do you guys carry the kits to convert the 10/22's? If so what kinda options and price tag we talking?

jeep45238
06-21-2012, 07:18 AM
We don't do much in the way of parts, and our accessory setup is mainly mags, some Safariland multifit holsters, etc..

The reason? Because honestly, you can get better prices through Brownells or MidwayUSA, and a better selection, than we can't compete with.

We do very good on JHP ammo (boxes of 50, current LEO ammo - $29 or so for 9mm), and we try to be competitive with online pricing on our guns.

jeep45238
06-21-2012, 07:19 AM
How do you define an assult rifle? I can assult someone with a Ruger 10/22.

My definition - whichever one you use in an offensive situation. I personally only have defensive rifles. :cool1:

HawksWR37
06-21-2012, 12:03 PM
How do you define an assault rifle? I can assault someone with a Ruger 10/22.

Well if you wanna take that into a literal since i can assault someone with a daisy. However i also stated that i was looking for ar15s or ar10s. Also Ak's, Sig 556dr, M16, M4, things of this nature. Commonly referred to as Assault Rifles.

The term assault rifle is a translation of the German word Sturmgewehr (literally "storm rifle", as in "to storm a position"). The name was coined by Adolf Hitler[3] to describe the Maschinenpistole 43, subsequently renamed Sturmgewehr 44, the firearm generally considered the first assault rifle that served to popularise the concept and form the basis for today's modern assault rifles.

The translation assault rifle gradually became the common term for similar firearms sharing the same technical definition as the StG 44. In a strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:[4][5][6]

It must be an individual weapon with provision to fire from the shoulder (i.e. a buttstock);
It must be capable of selective fire;
It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle;
Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable magazine rather than a feed-belt.
And it should at least have a firing range of 300 meters (1000 feet)

Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles despite frequently being considered as such. For example, semi-automatic-only rifles like the AR-15 (which the M16 rifle is based on) that share designs with assault rifles are not assault rifles, as they are not capable of switching to automatic fire and thus are not selective fire capable. Belt-fed weapons or rifles with fixed magazines are likewise not assault rifles because they do not have detachable box magazines.

The term "assault rifle" is often more loosely used for commercial or political reasons to include other types of arms, particularly arms that fall under a strict definition of the battle rifle, or semi-automatic variant of military rifles such as AR-15s.

The US Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges.

jeep45238
06-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Today was my last day at the shop - you'll want to talk to John. Bless his heart, but Kyle just isn't much of a rifle guy.

timdsellers
06-27-2012, 03:35 AM
So whats the bottom dollar for an entry level AR these days? I have always wanted one.

jeep45238
06-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Typically ou'll be looking at 600-650 for a DelTon sporter. The best deal for your buck however goes to the S&W Sporter, which is honestly one of the best sub $1200 AR's out there. They typically go for around $600.

V8Mustang1967
06-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Build one. BravocompanyUSA.com recommended by the best (Travis Haley and Chris Costa)

HawksWR37
06-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Build one. BravocompanyUSA.com recommended by the best (Travis Haley and Chris Costa)

Thats what i want to do. I want the gun to be how I want it. Thats why i was asking if anybody locally stocked parts. Buy guns/gun parts is such a pain in the ass when you have to have it shipped to a ffl.

timdsellers
06-29-2012, 12:49 AM
I want to find a good deal on an AR and a nice 1911. Never had either of those so they are on my buying bucket list. Is building one cheaper? I do like the idea of building it the way I want to though.

2Kblacksleeper
06-29-2012, 12:55 AM
The only part on a ar that has to go to a ffl is the lower. Everything else can be sent to your home.

V8Mustang1967
06-29-2012, 04:41 AM
You can PM me with questions on what all you need if you wanna build. I recommend BCM as stated already.

RIXXX93GT
06-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Building one may save you a couple bucks, but like you said it will be exactly what you want which is worth something. Get your lower receiver locally, aimsurplus sells them in middletown. Getting the upper parts has been hit and miss recently as everyone is running low on inventory it seems. Make sure the barrel you order and the upper receiver are compatible with M4 feed ramps or regular. Decide if you want this to be light and portable or heavy and more accurate at longer range. Also what sight system you want will have some effect on which upper receiver to get.

HawksWR37
06-29-2012, 03:45 PM
You can PM me with questions on what all you need if you wanna build. I recommend BCM as stated already.

I appreciate it. I'll defiantly take you up on that. I love the look of these ar's. I'm in the process of modifying my mossberg 500 right now so its gonna be a few weeks or month till i start pilling parts up

HawksWR37
06-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I want to find a good deal on an AR and a nice 1911. Never had either of those so they are on my buying bucket list. Is building one cheaper? I do like the idea of building it the way I want to though.

1911 will be the next hand gun i get. Most Likely a Kimber. Although I was talking to one of the guys at a local shop here and he said 90% of the 1911's are made by Rock Island Armory. He showed me the Rock island next to a Sig 1911 and they were 100% identical all the way down to how the serial numbers are placed and stamped. American Tactical Imports makes a real nice one for about 400$ retail. The guy at the shop had a 1400$ Kimber on his hip and said he regretted it because he could get two of them for the same price. Obviously a Colt is the way to go but that is some money i don't have to throw around right now.

jeep45238
06-29-2012, 04:04 PM
If you want a 14.5" barrel w/ pinned muzzle device, get a carbine gas system.

If you want a 16" barrel, get a mid length gas system.

If you want a 20" barrel, get a rifle length gas system.

These combinations are all standardized and put the gas port the same distance from the muzzle. This means that the dwell time of the gas operating the action is the same, and they will fell as if they shoot smoother. The longer barrels typically will wear action parts less due to the reduced gas pressure working the action.