PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a grill

firestang70
07-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Ok my old grill has fallen apart. Im looking for an extra large all stainless grill. I'm tired of replacing out rusted parts. Anybody know a good deal out there? Or brands to stay away from. Looking to get one tomorrow.

cstreu1026
07-06-2012, 05:29 PM
You won't find any deals but after owning two Charbroils I won't buy anything but a Weber. I just had to buy $150 in parts to fix my 2 year old $400 Charbroil. Now it cooks great but they just don't hold up. After looking more closely at the Weber Genesis line recently I know why they cost more and why they are better.

Byrd Man
07-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I've asked a few peeps that have the S.S. Charbroil infrared grills. They all like the infrared a lot. Poppa G told me to stay away from the Home Depot Charbroil infrared grill. The H.D. versions are made cheaper and have problems with grease draining. I've been looking bcz the gf is wanting a new grill also.

Rich
07-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Hard to beat an old Weber Kettle grill. Gas is convenient but using charcoal is soooo much better.

DSSKing68
07-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Hard to beat an old Weber Kettle grill. Gas is convenient but using charcoal is soooo much better.

^^^ This I love gas for convenience, but lump charcoal is still my favorite.

There is also a HUGE difference in stainless grades. Even though your grill may be stainless and look all shiny, the cheaper china stainless will not hold up.

Test it with a magnet, if it sticks...don't buy it. It is probably a cheaper 403 series stainless.

304 stainless is by far the best for your grill. The 403 will hold up, but spend the extra cash and make sure it is 304 if you are in the market.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

leroy93lx
07-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Ducane makes a nice grill. All stainless internals. They use to have really good warranties. I'm not positive if they are still the same these days.

GREAZY
07-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Charbroil infrared grill for me. I bought one about a month ago and really like it. To new for a durability report, but works great.

cstreu1026
07-06-2012, 10:38 PM
I've asked a few peeps that have the S.S. Charbroil infrared grills. They all like the infrared a lot. Poppa G told me to stay away from the Home Depot Charbroil infrared grill. The H.D. versions are made cheaper and have problems with grease draining. I've been looking bcz the gf is wanting a new grill also.

I've got one of the HD models and I haven't had any issues with grease. I rarely get any sort of flare ups with it. The down side is that the infrad red trough sits right on top of the burners which I have to believe caused mine to rust out.

djom1cincy
07-07-2012, 08:41 AM
I have a

Weber Genesis S-310 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill in Stainless Steel
Model # 6550001 Internet # 202520221 Store SKU # 307924

(131) Write a Review
$849.00 /EA-Each

I picked it up in April of this year from home depot. It's bad ass so far. All stainless. Five or ten year warranty on internal parts. Thirty year on external or the body of the grill itself. Expensive but worth it if I don't have to buy another one for many many years to come. I hope this link below works for you.

http://bit.ly/NagyR3

Timido
07-07-2012, 10:34 AM
I have had my Weber gas grill for about 15 years work great we use it every week.

facemelter71
07-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Buy mine. 75 bucks. Its pretty damn big.

BIGRED Z
07-13-2012, 11:25 PM
^^^ This I love gas for convenience, but lump charcoal is still my favorite.

Test it with a magnet, if it sticks...don't buy it. It is probably a cheaper 403 series stainless.

I thought it was the opposite! Well, at least on my kitrchen stainless it is. My GE profile crap is just that, CRAP! Cheap stainless, hard to keep clean, always looks printed. And magnets DO NOT stick to it.

Now my Kitchen Aid is wonderful! Quality stainless, cleans up with just water and a towel and magnets DO stick.

Oh and my char broil from the big box: Just replaced internals after 3 years, the ingnitor went out last season. For a $400 grill...it a POS.

redfirepearlgt
07-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Was going to recommend the GReat Outdoors Grill MADE IN JOPLIN MO. But looks like they may be out of business. Love mine. TOok two people to assemble because the castings are so heavy. 10+ years and the factory brass H burner still going strong. Not one part replaced yet.

IWRBB
07-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Weber. Buy anything they make and you'll be happy.

Chris Lazzo
07-14-2012, 11:37 AM
I got a char broil infrared and hate it the worst grill I have ever owned. Took forever to cook a steak and it wouldn't sear it at all. And then I drilled out the supply line and opened up the holes on the burner and the fucker gets red hot now. I through in some hickory chips and cooks pretty good now.

BIGRED Z
07-20-2012, 05:29 AM
I got a char broil infrared and hate it the worst grill I have ever owned. Took forever to cook a steak and it wouldn't sear it at all. And then I drilled out the supply line and opened up the holes on the burner and the fucker gets red hot now. I through in some hickory chips and cooks pretty good now.

That's awesome! You modded your grill. lol:bigthumb

Bman
07-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Get some material's and build one. It will last you a lifetime. Here is a smoker/grill my friend is building for me.