PDA

View Full Version : TNL 7-12-12

rtvickers
07-12-2012, 11:53 PM
So I finally decided to take my car down the track. I just had that feeling like something wasnt right. I made 2 passes. The first one felt like it was pretty good but it was slow. A 2.3 60ft wow thats horrible. On street tires. But about half way through 3rd it sounded like something popped or backfired. Everything seemed fine on the return shoot. Second pass it really didnt want to do a burnout. Like traction controll was on but it wasnt. As soon as the arms dropped and I took off, it went flat on its face. And never came around. Some of you may have seen it. Ugly. I looked at the gauges and seen the battery light on and I knew right away it threw the supercharger belt. Damn it!!! The bad thing is I have another and I forgot to take it. I remembered about half way to the track. I know it will run without that belt but I didnt know if it would make it home. I didnt want to wait till it got dark and run the lights. So I left about 8pm. I made it home fine. Put the other belt on and everything seems fine. What a shitty evening. Oh well, all seems fine now so I guess thats a good thing.

COOP
07-13-2012, 12:05 AM
I saw your car fall on it's face on that run. We were curious as to what happened. Glad to hear it wasn't serious damage.

On a side note, is the grey/ silver two tone fox GT that was racing the C5 vette for the title in the prince class final on here?

PKFIRE
07-16-2012, 11:42 PM
bummer, I once threw a belt and ended up getting new pulleys. I was down there that night also but didn't see your run.

rtvickers
07-16-2012, 11:59 PM
bummer, I once threw a belt and ended up getting new pulleys. I was down there that night also but didn't see your run.

I got lucky, it didnt damage anything else. I knew the belt wasnt in the best shape. I forgot to bring my other belt. My runs were early. I was out of there around 8:15pm. Next time you go to TNL let me know. Id like to check out your car.

IWRBB
07-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Why are you throwing belts? You have issues with your pulley alignment if you are throwing belts.

I had belt issues when I put my Metco lower on there. Had to adjust the alternator so the belt would feed straight onto the lower idler, then the crank. It was walking forward on the lower idler.

PKFIRE
07-17-2012, 10:41 PM
I got lucky, it didnt damage anything else. I knew the belt wasnt in the best shape. I forgot to bring my other belt. My runs were early. I was out of there around 8:15pm. Next time you go to TNL let me know. Id like to check out your car.

I'll let you know next time I go down. :bigthumb

rtvickers
07-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Why are you throwing belts? You have issues with your pulley alignment if you are throwing belts.

I had belt issues when I put my Metco lower on there. Had to adjust the alternator so the belt would feed straight onto the lower idler, then the crank. It was walking forward on the lower idler.

The belt that I had on there was bad. Its been bad for a while. It had a rip in it since I bought the car about 2 yrs ago. I have another belt I just forgot to take it with me and I didnt have time to put it on before I left. I was going to put it on while the car was cooling down. I got lucky it didnt damage anything else. I drove it home. As you probably know the sc belt only turns the sc and the alt. My battery Mega Tron Interestate battery is only 6months old. As long as I didnt drive stupid everything was fine. I got home and put the belt on and everything was good.