PDA

View Full Version : On 3 Performance Turbos

93mustang
07-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Are these kits any good for a 93 LX? Looking to do a turbo setup, and this name came up. Seems like a lot of power for not that much coin. Do i need to get a new harness and such to run a turbo? Any info on doing a turbo would be great. Thanks

2007ShelbyCobra
07-14-2012, 12:12 AM
rumor has it they are out of business... I havent checked their site in a while but it would be a good idea before thinking too far into their kits

93mustang
07-14-2012, 12:19 AM
jegs has them for sale. just looking at all turbo kits, this one keeps coming up. so does turbonetics, but it is almost 4k. i will do an s trim for that price.

93mustang
07-14-2012, 12:22 AM
still in business

LETHALSTANG
07-14-2012, 08:19 AM
I thought someone had one for sale on here.....can't find the link??!!

LETHALSTANG
07-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Here you go......

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80964

Jeff88coupe
07-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Do a search for them on the corral.net's turbo forum. Alot of guys have issues with their kits.

331lx
07-14-2012, 11:12 AM
I had one on my car and never ran it, fit ok but not perfect the crossover pipe rubbed my crank pulley no mattet what I did, it was a used kit, but idk if that was the issue. If ur goin turbo look into ponydown,bg, and hellion systems, or if u have the cash or fab skills have someone build a custom one or do that urself

blown96cobra
07-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Umm the kits ok but get the masterpower turbo there "in house" turbos are shit and when one comes apart on the Dyno or shortly after you get it home they tell u to go
To hell. So personally I'll never buy there shit again! on3 can suck a fat one!

5.0calypso93lx
07-16-2012, 08:11 AM
I bought blown96cobra's kit and just like he said their own turbo's and feed and drain lines are garbage. All 3 of those problems have been fixed on the kit I'm selling. I've mocked up the entire kit and everything now fits good.

HawksWR37
07-16-2012, 05:07 PM
I have there "1st edition kit" on my 04 and its never gave me any problems. there return line is a pretty shitty deal but some braided stainless and a couple fittings and its perfect. the fitment was never a problem when i had it on my 4.6. now ive adapted it to the 5.4 and it touches the k member a tad. also when i put 18x9s up front it hits the piping if i cut the wheel all the way. but thats from extending the piping for my aplication. Ive been up to westerville multiple times and talked to the owner and their workers. just a bunch of guys like us that want to go fast but don't want to break the bank.

Blackout
07-16-2012, 07:58 PM
I have there 76mm and I havn't had any real issues with it. I did however have the 1st gen. kit for the 4.6l and the fitment wasnt the best. Now the 76mm I bought was only $350 so for the price I couldn't really complain.

93mustang
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
thanks for the info

93mustang
07-21-2012, 01:56 PM
do i need to run a piggy back or get a new computer to run a turbo?

5.0calypso93lx
07-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Figure out who is going to be tuning the car first, then use what theyre familiar with.

93whitenotch
07-24-2012, 03:07 AM
you can get a start up chip with your kit, just have to fine tune it on the dyno. no you dont need a new computer. i have one of their kits and am very happy with it. there is no such thing as a direct bot on kit that needs no tweeking, no matter whose kit it is. now there are some things also need attention if you do a trubo setup, clutch and flywheel, rear end gear no bigger than 3.55 gear or you will be blowing thru gears faster than you can shift, and on a stock block your limited to 450 to the wheels unless you want a ticking time bomb (they like to split right down the center of the block, sleeving the block wont help either). you will also need boost, wideband, and oil pressure gauges. i went up to on 3 and met the owner, and can say that any issue that someone has actually brought to their attention has been fixed. now as for hellion, in my opinion they are over priced, and dont plan on lowering your car, theri kit runs their piping under everything causing clearance issues when it comes to lowering the car. i talked to some of the guys from ford racing last week at mustang week and they said they love the on 3 kits, and that they pick them over any other kit, which to me means something. now on foxbodies you dont have to do the tubular k member, but 96 and up you have to do the k member upgrade cause of how they designed the kits. some things to think about when deciding what you wanna do. and if you decide to go with their kit, let know. their is a place in cincy that is setup with them. jesse

93whitenotch
07-24-2012, 03:10 AM
anymores questions i can help with, im more than happy to help. i did alot of research before deciding on my kit. oh and they no longer use masterpower turbos, they went out of business nor do they use turbonetics turbos anymore. they have all their own turbos now.

93mustang
07-26-2012, 08:02 PM
thanks a bunch. great info

Gearhead559
07-27-2012, 09:28 AM
i do more of these kits then any thing. alot of guys forget to address the pcv and crankcase systems...
im heading to dynotune this morning tro first up a 1st gen 5.0 kit. Ill be sure to post pics and more info some where here for you.
i helped design the sn95 turbo kit
there is alot of hate out there for these tho. esp on corral...

the custom vert i built, has alot of on3's stuff on it
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/shop%20stuff%203/IMG_20120511_110438.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/shop%20stuff%203/IMG_20120511_005243.jpg
i build a custom cutout on these , i dont think i have used the y pipe they sell much
this is cutout open vs closed. stock hyper piston motor, f cam gt40 upper. nothing more, well it eats corn! e85 ftw. this kit has a pt6768 tho, and it needs more gate.(i dont use the on3 turbo or gate honestly) and i have every thing coated!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/shop%20stuff%203/markdyno.jpg

Gearhead559
07-27-2012, 09:34 AM
and yes you'll notice a tread, all my builds have cold air intakes for the turbos...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/IMG_20120725_181046.jpg

Gearhead559
07-27-2012, 09:49 AM
anymores questions i can help with, im more than happy to help. i did alot of research before deciding on my kit. oh and they no longer use masterpower turbos, they went out of business nor do they use turbonetics turbos anymore. they have all their own turbos now.

master power is back up and running, but the same off shore place that makes them, makes on3's now. i have not heard one issue on the new ceramic ball bearing turbo's they have. you just need to realize, they are cheap turbos. i feel they are not sized for each build. yes they work great on a stock car, but over that, you have to start using a larger gates(i prefer 2 38's or a 60 in the normal spot) but you put a pt on these, and they can make some power. i offer the kits all done up, but they get up there when you put a $1500 turbo, on a $1500 turbo kit...

93whitenotch
07-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Hats the max you tune the kits at on a stock block? And did you have any issues with the headers bolt holes having to be adjusted? I have the 87-93 kit, with 67 mm ball barring turbo upgrade with cnc billet wheel (on 3s turbo) and did the 60pd injectors. My top end is completely built (185cc AFRs, f 303 cam, Holley syste max upper and lower with 1" spacer to fit the valve covers, ford racing stock length pushrods, 1.6 rockers (comp cams), comp cams lifters, etc), bottom end hasn't been touched, stage 3 spec clutch with light weight steel flywheel, t5 trans rebuilt by Dayton performance, aluminum driveshaft, moser 31 spline axles, 3.55 ford racing gear, trac loc. (doing a 5 lug swap also) and I got on 3s y pipe kit, and it goes into flow masters and then has turn downs before the rear axle. And upr k member, A-arms, coilovers, c/c plates, strange 10 way adjustables, urethane motor mounts. That pretty much covers everything. What is your opinion of the setup I'm running and what else do I need? Any tips, help, or advice is greatly appreciated.
Jesse

93whitenotch
07-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Oh yeah, and I'm planning on running AC in my car. I'd like to be able to take my car out on a hot day and not be sweating my ass off, lol

Gearhead559
07-27-2012, 02:37 PM
i dont like going over 450 wheel on stock blocks. stock heads either. the deck in stock heads are just not thick enough. blocks are too thin.

but here is a first gen stainless kit, tail bov, and gate. old on3 first gen turbo aswell. stock long block too!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/shop%20stuff%203/IMG_20120727_121937.jpg

Gearhead559
07-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Hats the max you tune the kits at on a stock block? And did you have any issues with the headers bolt holes having to be adjusted? I have the 87-93 kit, with 67 mm ball barring turbo upgrade with cnc billet wheel (on 3s turbo) and did the 60pd injectors. My top end is completely built (185cc AFRs, f 303 cam, Holley syste max upper and lower with 1" spacer to fit the valve covers, ford racing stock length pushrods, 1.6 rockers (comp cams), comp cams lifters, etc), bottom end hasn't been touched, stage 3 spec clutch with light weight steel flywheel, t5 trans rebuilt by Dayton performance, aluminum driveshaft, moser 31 spline axles, 3.55 ford racing gear, trac loc. (doing a 5 lug swap also) and I got on 3s y pipe kit, and it goes into flow masters and then has turn downs before the rear axle. And upr k member, A-arms, coilovers, c/c plates, strange 10 way adjustables, urethane motor mounts. That pretty much covers everything. What is your opinion of the setup I'm running and what else do I need? Any tips, help, or advice is greatly appreciated.
Jesse

i have a way i do things. i use the 5/16 head arp bolts in, and toss the on3 bolts in the trash can. some times you have to open up a few holes, since these are mass produced and all.
upgrade the drain, heat sleeve 10an hose and so on.
ceramic coat every thing, and still wrap it. i would suggest getting a large gate depending on which kit you have(there are several runs of the 5.0 kit now) and going with dual gates, or one large one to control boost better.