PDA

View Full Version : Knotty Pine on the Bayou

Goldenpony
07-22-2012, 12:52 AM
If you're looking for some really good cajun (other things too) food, check out Knotty Pine on the Bayou on Licking Pike in Cold Springs Ky. Absolutely fantastic. Best lobster bisque I have ever tasted, but they only have it on Saturday. Also had scallops scampi, to die for. Also, check out the tall chick at the desk - also to die for.
Yum!

BIGRED Z
07-23-2012, 06:44 AM
I have heard good thing about this place. Didn't it used to be just a hole in the wall? Maybe I'm thinking of someplace else. But now I want to go!

98stangv6
07-23-2012, 09:40 AM
It did used to be a hole in the wall, hanging over a hill. The old floors were badly slanted, felt drunk even just walking around, but it added to the awesome atmosphere. They have moved right down the street now, a much classier location. It is probably my favorite place to eat. I have never had anything that I didn't like. If you enjoy cajun type food I recommend that Cajun Sampler. My wife is not much of a sea food person and got a New York Strip and it did not disappoint to say the least.

BIGRED Z
07-24-2012, 06:34 AM
I think I'm gonna drag Kevin there this Friday! Anyone else up for dinner?

dedpedal
07-26-2012, 07:02 AM
It was a big let down. Save your cash and go to White Castle.

BIGRED Z
07-29-2012, 12:42 AM
It was a big let down. Save your cash and go to White Castle.

Yeah. Totally not worth the money. I ordered Spicy shrimp pasta. I got .50 cents worth of pasta with 8 overcooked shrimp and maybe .75 cents worth of Franks Red Hot sauce to cover it all. It was NOT good.

Kev's catfish came out lukewarm and he said he could have had better at Bob Evans for half the price.

Beth's gumbo wasn't anything to write home about.

Jeff's steak looked good, but this is a place renouned for its seafood. WTF??

Goldenpony
07-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Wow. I'm shocked. We have been there twice in the last month and it was great both times. Sorry you guys had a bad experience, I hate to recommend a place and then have somebody go there and have it suck.

dedpedal
07-29-2012, 06:01 PM
It was mediocre at best. Not horrible by any means. def not worth the cost.

cstreu1026
07-29-2012, 06:20 PM
I use to eat there all the time before moving. They always had good steaks but my parents have left disappointed a few times since we moved north. It sounds like its become kind of hit or miss.