PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye to your Gun Rights

dedpedal
07-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Its a long read but worth the time to try to understand how this treaty can affect you and your rights. The liberals are going to circumvent the 2nd amendment if given the chance.

UN ARMS TREATY (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/forums/posts.aspx?postID=32913&postRepeater1-p=1&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1#32917&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20120725-facebook-social-forumspostonuntreaty)

89notch
07-26-2012, 07:39 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

duststang
07-27-2012, 07:41 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-urges-tighter-background-checks-gun-buyers-aurora-033815400.html

cstreu1026
07-27-2012, 09:29 AM
The shooting in Colorado poses a bigger risk to gun rights that the UN.

dedpedal
07-27-2012, 09:43 AM
The shooting in Colorado poses a bigger risk to gun rights that the UN.

I agreee with you Cam. It seems that anything the anti-rights people can grab on they will.
To me it seems like we're watching a colossal chess game and we are the pieces.

93whitenotch
07-27-2012, 10:35 AM
I think its ridiculous that they are trying to take away the 2nd amendment. I went thru all the classes and paid my dues, do that I could be able to protect myself and my family from idiots that have something to prove, don't know how to get a real job and wanna steal and rob us hard working people, etc. What do you guys think would've happened if we were aloud to carry in a movie theater and someone pulled that crap dude pulled? He sure as hell wouldn't have made it past the first couple rounds. And whose still gonna have guns if they were to take them away.....the people that are part of the reason we carry in the first place. I honestly don't think it will work cause there's way too many people that carry, or even just hunt, or do it for competition. Not to mention, I don't see America turning in their guns they worked hard to have, or anyone bein ok with this crap.

akagreg3
07-27-2012, 11:26 AM
i dont understand why stupid people that do this sh*t like in Colorado and everywhere else it has happend are killing innocent people (little kids) WTF idiots go after the people that are taking your rights away and did you wrong you know what im saying

i believe in god and no one should be killed......
why are you killing little kids that are innocent of everything?

DSSKing68
07-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Join the NRA......please.

akagreg3
07-27-2012, 11:43 AM
as for your gun rights** ya sure didnt hear anything about taking assault rifles away from police after waco or ruby ridge

RIXXX93GT
07-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Join the NRA! Do it! They work every day to be our voice and be protectors of the 2nd amendment and gun rights. A huge organization with a huge amount of membership money and clout to throw around gets the attention of our dysfunctional corrupt elected officials. Join and make your wishes known! Did anyone catch Bloomburg's statement the other day? He said he doesnt understand why the police dont just go on strike until people turn in their guns! How do you reason with a complete idiot like that?

04 Venom
07-27-2012, 04:01 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

Exactly. Some people seem to believe anything that is posted on the internet. This has been disbunked numerous times, but posts on the "UN treaty" still pop-up. I's like the "FEMA death camp" posts 4-5 years ago.

DSSKing68
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Exactly. Some people seem to believe anything that is posted on the internet. This has been disbunked numerous times, but posts on the "UN treaty" still pop-up. I's like the "FEMA death camp" posts 4-5 years ago.

But still.....JOIN THE NRA!!!

NRA FTW

That is all. :cool1:

Rick93coupe
07-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Join the NRA! Do it! They work every day to be our voice and be protectors of the 2nd amendment and gun rights. A huge organization with a huge amount of membership money and clout to throw around gets the attention of our dysfunctional corrupt elected officials. Join and make your wishes known! Did anyone catch Bloomburg's statement the other day? He said he doesnt understand why the police dont just go on strike until people turn in their guns! How do you reason with a complete idiot like that?

I'm all for the police going on strike. I have a list and just might take advantage of that free for all. :lol:

06V6Andrew
07-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Does it seem a little weird that all these "people" are getting caught with firearms at the same time that the UN thing is going on. Seems like someone is pushing us toward it. Just a thought.

04 Venom
07-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Does it seem a little weird that all these "people" are getting caught with firearms at the same time that the UN thing is going on. Seems like someone is pushing us toward it. Just a thought.

You really believe the psycho in Denver is part of a grand conspiracy?

jktruckin06
07-28-2012, 11:53 AM
I said he was working to keep batman from beating the avengers... that's my conspiracy theory

cobradon
07-28-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm not against the right to have guns.I think that everyone has the right to protect themselves and family but why have assault rifles with 30+ rounds.If u can't protect yourself and your family with 10 to 15 shot's from your hand gun.Why do we need guns with 30+ rounds?I'm just throwing the question out there.Not looking for a pissing match dont get me wrong we're all on the same team.

mad max
07-28-2012, 12:24 PM
^ Zombie apocolaypse(sp) . Nuff said.

04 Venom
07-28-2012, 01:07 PM
I said he was working to keep batman from beating the avengers... that's my conspiracy theory

Now I see. :D

06V6Andrew
07-28-2012, 01:31 PM
You really believe the psycho in Denver is part of a grand conspiracy?

Just saying. You have him and, what is it, four other people being arrested for around the same thing. this all during a time Obama wants us to embrace the UN Arm treaty. Maybe that guy wasn't in on it, but with everyone in the wood work coming out after the incident seems kind of awkward in timing. Especially since when a tragedy such as this happens things usually go quite for awhile until things die down a little. And also a psycho, he is a moron don't justify his existence as being psychotic. He knew what he was doing.

04 Venom
07-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Just saying. You have him and, what is it, four other people being arrested for around the same thing. this all during a time Obama wants us to embrace the UN Arm treaty. Maybe that guy wasn't in on it, but with everyone in the wood work coming out after the incident seems kind of awkward in timing. Especially since when a tragedy such as this happens things usually go quite for awhile until things die down a little. And also a psycho, he is a moron don't justify his existence as being psychotic. He knew what he was doing.

Wow. Is Hillary Clinton stalking you?

Moody
07-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Remember an AR15 and a AK47 you can buy at a gun shop isn't an assault rifle.... assault rifles must have full auto or burst setting... Anyways I feel better having an AR15 with a beta mag to protect my home because if I need more then 6 rounds I'm in a gun fight and the Army says to win a gun fight who ever has the most ammo wins so accuracy via volume.... I'm also a M249 gunner. as for the situation in Colorado it may have ended sooner if someone had a hand gun in the theater and shot that punk.

Moody
07-28-2012, 03:40 PM
That soft body armor may stop a bullet but my physics buddy crunched some numbers and getting hit by a baseball bat is 300 and something newtons jewels or something scientific for energy and getting hit with a 9mm wearing soft body armor makes 1500 something what ever the energy word is.... Anyways getting hit by a 9 hurts 3x more then getting hit with a bat and most new 9mm have at least 10 rounds someone could have taken that pos excuse for a person out. So moral of my rant is JOIN THE NRA BUY A GUN AND LEARN HOW TO USE IT! Because when seconds count the police will be there in minutes.

04 Venom
07-28-2012, 04:24 PM
That soft body armor may stop a bullet but my physics buddy crunched some numbers and getting hit by a baseball bat is 300 and something newtons jewels or something scientific for energy and getting hit with a 9mm wearing soft body armor makes 1500 something what ever the energy word is.... Anyways getting hit by a 9 hurts 3x more then getting hit with a bat and most new 9mm have at least 10 rounds someone could have taken that pos excuse for a person out. So moral of my rant is JOIN THE NRA BUY A GUN AND LEARN HOW TO USE IT! Because when seconds count the police will be there in minutes.

Not quite. Level IIIA body armor will stop a 44 magnum and allow the wearer to return fire. If you are throwing lead at someone wearing the appropriate level of body armor, you are truly bringing a knife to a gun fight. Good luck with that--assuming you even hit him.

Moody
07-28-2012, 05:21 PM
It's still going to hurt like a mofo. I seen boken ribs from people getting shot. Getting hit in the chest with a 45 is still gonna make you sit down. May not kill you with soft armor on. The stuff that guy had on was cheap from what I have been told... Are groin protector on are military body armor is better then what that guy had. The guy had level one stuff

djom1cincy
07-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Everyone can't stop with the fear.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/27/un-fails-to-reach-deal-on-global-arms-trade-treaty-as-us-asks-for-more-time/#ixzz21rzPI2H1

04 Venom
07-28-2012, 06:22 PM
It's still going to hurt like a mofo. I seen boken ribs from people getting shot. Getting hit in the chest with a 45 is still gonna make you sit down. May not kill you with soft armor on. The stuff that guy had on was cheap from what I have been told... Are groin protector on are military body armor is better then what that guy had. The guy had level one stuff

Bullshit. Modern body armor has ceramic inserts which stops any penetration and diffuses the force of impact.

akagreg3
07-28-2012, 07:18 PM
dont stop a headshot

Moody
07-28-2012, 08:17 PM
The military has iotv and iba has ceramic plates that stop a AP 7.62x51 this guy had basic flea market body armor. I have some basic body armor at home if anyone one wishes to test the theory you let me shoot you and you don't flinch you can hit me with a baseball bat

Moody
07-28-2012, 08:21 PM
You take a round in the ceramic plate your still going down .. iv seen it. It's not like o I just got shot what ever.... No you get knocked off your feet lose your breath freak out and hope your buddys are around to put out an amazing amount of fire power while if you can crawl to some cover check your self and get back in the fight if you can.... Then you get hone and your bruise like you got hit with a bat. Anyways that's just what I seen in konduz Afghanistan.

Moody
07-28-2012, 08:25 PM
So this guy is at a theater shooting folk and I have a 357 Sig and I pump 17 rounds in him and while walking up on target reload continue to lay down fire and then shoot him in the face. If it would work out that way. I rather die fighting then laying down begging for my life.

04 Venom
07-28-2012, 09:54 PM
So this guy is at a theater shooting folk and I have a 357 Sig and I pump 17 rounds in him and while walking up on target reload continue to lay down fire and then shoot him in the face. If it would work out that way. I rather die fighting then laying down begging for my life.

You have no idea.

04 Venom
07-28-2012, 10:18 PM
dont stop a headshot

We'll send flowers to your funeral.

04 Venom
07-28-2012, 10:27 PM
You take a round in the ceramic plate your still going down .. iv seen it. It's not like o I just got shot what ever.... No you get knocked off your feet lose your breath freak out and hope your buddys are around to put out an amazing amount of fire power while if you can crawl to some cover check your self and get back in the fight if you can.... Then you get hone and your bruise like you got hit with a bat. Anyways that's just what I seen in konduz Afghanistan.

You have seen nothing.

How many rounds did the robbers take in the North Hollywood robbery? They had body armor too. The shootout lasted nearly 40 minutes and over 2000 rounds were fired. Those cops are a lot better with their weapons than you are.

The only projectiles you'd be shooting in that Denver theater is the shit flying out of your ass.

BIGRED Z
07-29-2012, 12:28 AM
I rather die fighting then laying down begging for my life.

:bigthumb Agreed.

duststang
07-29-2012, 11:33 AM
lol I do think that they keep high lighting as much gun crimes as possible to get people to agree with band guns seriously you watch the news and see how much more they will be talking about shootings. must be part of the fast and furious program.

04 Venom
07-29-2012, 01:21 PM
lol I do think that they keep high lighting as much gun crimes as possible to get people to agree with band guns seriously you watch the news and see how much more they will be talking about shootings. must be part of the fast and furious program.

That doesn't concern me. What does is the massive media attention, which is just the encouragement these psychopaths crave.

redfirepearlgt
07-29-2012, 03:10 PM
That doesn't concern me. What does is the massive media attention, which is just the encouragement these psychopaths crave.

wow! Nice, and to the point. I finally agree with a statement the professor has made. Come to think of it that may have happened once before as well but its been so long I can't remember. Well said. LOL!

04 Venom
07-29-2012, 03:54 PM
wow! Nice, and to the point. I finally agree with a statement the professor has made. Come to think of it that may have happened once before as well but its been so long I can't remember. Well said. LOL!

Every once in a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut. :D

ibstrokin
07-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm not against the right to have guns.I think that everyone has the right to protect themselves and family but why have assault rifles with 30+ rounds.If u can't protect yourself and your family with 10 to 15 shot's from your hand gun.Why do we need guns with 30+ rounds?I'm just throwing the question out there.Not looking for a pissing match dont get me wrong we're all on the same team.

I don't have a problem with high capacity. There are hundreds of thousands of 30+ round magazines for rifles in this country, and 99% of the people that own them aren't criminals. High capacity isn't the problem, limiting any freedom won't solve the problem. Criminals and crazy people are the problem, and no matter what restriction or law is imposed, there will still be crazy people and criminals. The guy in Colorado was crazy, if he didn't have a gun, he may have made a bomb, started a fire, who knows. But either way, the guns weren't crazy...He was.

dedpedal
07-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Every once in a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut. :D

What do you base your opinions and statements on?

06V6Andrew
07-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Wow. Is Hillary Clinton stalking you?

You know i could say a lot but i will let it die. i have said what i needed to. Believe what you want. You know so much more anyway.:rolleyes:

04 Venom
07-29-2012, 10:33 PM
What do you base your opinions and statements on?

If you are talking about this thread, most of the members of my immediate family are involved in some aspect of law enforcement. Two brothers are retired cops.

Moody
07-29-2012, 10:33 PM
04 venom what makes you the subject matter expert on body armor? As for having no ideal what I'm talking about I guess 5 years in the Army as an MP and spending a year with the special operation command in Afghanistan makes me clueless right.

04 Venom
07-29-2012, 10:34 PM
You know so much more anyway.:rolleyes:

We agree on something.

Moody
07-29-2012, 10:38 PM
We can have a get together I have extra body armor I plan on shooting up anyways. Someone can put it on and if they can take a round to the chest with no injuries doesn't fall back can have my car.

04 Venom
07-29-2012, 11:13 PM
We can have a get together I have extra body armor I plan on shooting up anyways. Someone can put it on and if they can take a round to the chest with no injuries doesn't fall back can have my car.

This makes you clueless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx3XefDKfwc

Where do I pick up the keys?

Moody
07-29-2012, 11:59 PM
you got to let me shoot you with the vest on to the get the keys :) anyways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqVAxvX-Yck

you cant tell me this guy could shoot back after being shot.. no trauma plate just regular vest you can buy at the flea market.... hopefully the link works im doing this from my phone.

Moody
07-30-2012, 12:25 AM
the argument isn't if you live, its the fact that you keep putting rounds on target its going to keep the person down to make a kill shot or they will die from trauma. I can go tit for tat all day. you get shot real world not in some company show room your going down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ERW8zZWqJw

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-UNFSZ8VKU
skip to 1:12 my point is if they kept shooting at him he would be dead. much like the shooter shoot him a few times he will go down, from what i read he didn't have a trauma plate (some say he didn't have any armor)so if shot he could have had Blunt-trauma resulting in non-penetrating internal injuries, such as bruises, broken ribs or other injuries to internal organs....

Moody
07-30-2012, 12:34 AM
here is a 200 dollar tokarev destroying level 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=hNEi7NrAtqo&NR=1

Moody
07-30-2012, 01:22 AM
Just so i can be done with my argument little clip from Police Chief Magazine

"Over 3,000 lives have been saved since the first officer was shot wearing a modern vest in 1972. Over 70 percent of law enforcement agencies report issuing body armor to all officers, and 53 percent required the vest to be worn on duty. Although frequently referred to as “bulletproof vests,” in reality the vests do not stop all rounds fired. Of the 54 officers slain with firearms in 2004, 31 were wearing body armor. In four cases, bullets penetrated though the vest, and a fifth died of a nonpenetrating blunt force trauma to the chest.6 Even when the round is stopped, an officer can suffer an injury under the vest"

My argument is you put 15+ rounds on a target that has on soft armor isn't getting up and you can tactfully advance on said target. ANY law enforcement care to chime in IDK what your policy is on an active shooter. all i have is MOUT and CQB and the Military Police School and a year in Afghanistan I would like to to think I know what im talking about. We ran across durka durks that had on soft body armor and it didnt seem to help them out we were also using steel core 5.56.

Moody
07-30-2012, 01:27 AM
I do plan on shooting up this vest its over 10 years old so if anyone that lives around Wilmington wants to come out hit me up.

duststang
07-30-2012, 07:48 AM
What does is the massive media attention, which is just the encouragement these psychopaths crave.

I totally agree !!!!

04 Venom
07-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Just so i can be done with my argument little clip from Police Chief Magazine

"Over 3,000 lives have been saved since the first officer was shot wearing a modern vest in 1972. Over 70 percent of law enforcement agencies report issuing body armor to all officers, and 53 percent required the vest to be worn on duty. Although frequently referred to as “bulletproof vests,” in reality the vests do not stop all rounds fired. Of the 54 officers slain with firearms in 2004, 31 were wearing body armor. In four cases, bullets penetrated though the vest, and a fifth died of a nonpenetrating blunt force trauma to the chest.6 Even when the round is stopped, an officer can suffer an injury under the vest"

My argument is you put 15+ rounds on a target that has on soft armor isn't getting up and you can tactfully advance on said target. ANY law enforcement care to chime in IDK what your policy is on an active shooter. all i have is MOUT and CQB and the Military Police School and a year in Afghanistan I would like to to think I know what im talking about. We ran across durka durks that had on soft body armor and it didnt seem to help them out we were also using steel core 5.56.

Listen Sherlock, according to the interviews given by the Aurora police chief, this guy had tactical grade armor, not the mimimal design in the You Tube I posted. That means, full vest with side protectors. He also had neck and groin protection, leggings and helmet. This wasn't soft armor.

Read the prior posts. The premise was that if people with handguns would have made a difference. A 9MM, Glock 40 or any small concealable handgun would do nothing to that level of armor. That's assuming they could even hit a target in a dark room with the debilitating effects of tear gas.

You full of shit. Being an MP in the military is not the same skill set as civilian law enforcement.

04 Venom
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM
[QUOTE=Moody;726284]you got to let me shoot you with the vest on to the get the keys :)./QUOTE]

That's assuming you could hit the target.

mad max
07-30-2012, 09:01 AM
I know if somebody is returning fire against me , its gonna get my attention( body armour or not) , this in turn allowing some others to get out of harms way and possibly save their life.

04 Venom
07-30-2012, 09:31 AM
I know if somebody is returning fire against me , its gonna get my attention( body armour or not) , this in turn allowing some others to get out of harms way and possibly save their life.

I believe the theater prohibited CCW.

cstreu1026
07-30-2012, 09:45 AM
...and back on target a little more.

http://www.orlandoadvocate.com/index.php/93-politics/218-democratic-senators-introduce-ban-on-high-capacity-gun-magazines

IWRBB
07-30-2012, 09:52 AM
All I can say is 04Venom, you are a libtard. One of these days, you will wake up and see the world differently. I'm not surprised AT ALL by your attitude about guns, magazines, or body armor- due to the large "cop influence" in your life.

So let's really see how liberal you are.

Say you are someone who has to earn a living by working in a gas station overnight in the worst part of town. As a matter of fact four clerks have been shot, and 2 killed in the last ten years. Do you think they should be able to purchase body armor to protect them self by wearing armor under their clothes?

Please answer that question directly and don't turn it around into some rhetorical bullshit. Very simply- yes or no, do you think that person should be able to protect themselves by wearing "tactical" armor under their clothes while they work?

dedpedal
07-30-2012, 10:31 AM
If you are talking about this thread, most of the members of my immediate family are involved in some aspect of law enforcement. Two brothers are retired cops.

Fair enough. Sometimes reading your posts reminds me of the common senseless media types who try to form public opinion based on total lack of knowledge on the subject.
Other times its spot on.

dedpedal
07-30-2012, 10:36 AM

I dont NEED 30 round mags, I WANT them. Why do we NEED Mustangs that make 300+ hp? We dont. We WANT them.

Its easy to say "There should be a law banning XXXX product because its dangerous." That is til XXXXproduct is one of MY toys.

Moody
07-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah all my training is for combat just because your brothers are formal law enforcement doesn't mean jack shit. I can play that game too. My dad is a retired captain 1980-2000, the guy who used to baby sit me and my sibling is a police chief now my uncle was special forces in Vietnam and is a retired police officer 1970-1991... And I guess your just a dumb fuck because you have no clue who you are talking to or what your talking about. I base my argument on my experience and you base yours on YouTube videos and second hand bullshit you get from the bar. Arguing with you is like arguing with an obama s
Supporter your to stupid to come up with your own opinion other then smart ass remarks. I have done my best not to attack you personally on here or cause shit fit but come on what kind of real world experience do you have to back up what your saying. As for you talking shit about my experience I can clearly tell you have never done anything in your life that you would never be on the same page as me. So you wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do in a bad situation other then curl in a ball and beg for your mother. From what I got from other people on here your just a waste of space and time.

04 Venom
07-30-2012, 12:14 PM
All I can say is 04Venom, you are a libtard. One of these days, you will wake up and see the world differently. I'm not surprised AT ALL by your attitude about guns, magazines, or body armor- due to the large "cop influence" in your life.

So let's really see how liberal you are.

Say you are someone who has to earn a living by working in a gas station overnight in the worst part of town. As a matter of fact four clerks have been shot, and 2 killed in the last ten years. Do you think they should be able to purchase body armor to protect them self by wearing armor under their clothes?

Please answer that question directly and don't turn it around into some rhetorical bullshit. Very simply- yes or no, do you think that person should be able to protect themselves by wearing "tactical" armor under their clothes while they work?

The answer to you question is "yes". OTOH, a bullet proof cage is an even better idea.

04 Venom
07-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah all my training is for combat just because your brothers are formal law enforcement doesn't mean jack shit. I can play that game too. My dad is a retired captain 1980-2000, the guy who used to baby sit me and my sibling is a police chief now my uncle was special forces in Vietnam and is a retired police officer 1970-1991... And I guess your just a dumb fuck because you have no clue who you are talking to or what your talking about. I base my argument on my experience and you base yours on YouTube videos and second hand bullshit you get from the bar. Arguing with you is like arguing with an obama s
Supporter your to stupid to come up with your own opinion other then smart ass remarks. I have done my best not to attack you personally on here or cause shit fit but come on what kind of real world experience do you have to back up what your saying. As for you talking shit about my experience I can clearly tell you have never done anything in your life that you would never be on the same page as me. So you wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do in a bad situation other then curl in a ball and beg for your mother. From what I got from other people on here your just a waste of space and time.

Yeah and if your aunt had a dick she would be your uncle.

No one criticized what you did in Afghanistan; what I said is that doesn't translate to civilian law enforcement and you are, in that respect, talking out your ass--figuratively and literally.

I also don't get my information from bar rooms-as you apparently do. One of my sons is currently a LEO; his training in the Marine Corp was very different than going through the police academy.

Both my undergraduate and graduate degrees are in criminology; that plus 34 years in law enforcement qualifies me as the subject matter expert over you in this instance.

You have the right to be wrong, but you are abusing the privilege. If you relatives were in law enforcement, you should know better.

Moody
07-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah well I think this argument would be better face to face and maybe over a beer or two. My family members and my two friends that are ATF agree with me on the subject after I had to explain a few things.

redfirepearlgt
07-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah well I think this argument would be better face to face and maybe over a beer or two. My family members and my two friends that are ATF agree with me on the subject after I had to explain a few things.

I think a target range shoot out would be in order. Since you both have connections and the little professor is retired law enforcement why not set up a trip to a practice/training range (walk through style with pop up targets)? Then post the location, date, and time so interested folks can come watch.

facemelter71
07-31-2012, 10:01 AM
Oxford has pistol shoots almost every weekend. Anyone can get in and register. Real life scenarios and all the good stuff.

mad max
07-31-2012, 12:26 PM
^ that would be neat to participate in.

cstreu1026
11-07-2012, 11:09 PM
It seems this isn't dead yet....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-arms-treaty-un-idUSBRE8A627J20121107

Pops Fun
11-08-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm all for the police going on strike. I have a list and just might take advantage of that free for all. :lol:

I am updating my list

Black92LX
11-08-2012, 04:24 PM
The U.N. Arms treaty is nothing to worry about. More worried about bullet taxes, EPA lead restrictions, and ATF reclassifications of high capacity firearms and magazines as destructive devices.
With the Supreme Courts ruling on Heller they can't come at firearms head on. The cost and availibilty of ammo and magazines will be their angle.

Hence the reason I went to WalMart yesterday and bought all the. 40 and 7.62x39 ammo they had. And since Magpul just released their Gen3 Pmags most dealers are trying to clear out their stock of the Gen2s I bought a whole bunch of those.

redfirepearlgt
11-08-2012, 08:25 PM
The U.N. Arms treaty is nothing to worry about. More worried about bullet taxes, EPA lead restrictions, and ATF reclassifications of high capacity firearms and magazines as destructive devices.
With the Supreme Courts ruling on Heller they can't come at firearms head on. The cost and availibilty of ammo and magazines will be their angle.

Hence the reason I went to WalMart yesterday and bought all the. 40 and 7.62x39 ammo they had. And since Magpul just released their Gen3 Pmags most dealers are trying to clear out their stock of the Gen2s I bought a whole bunch of those.

Ammo control/tax concerns is why I am looking into reloading.

Goober
11-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm also looking into reloading, and stocking up on 80% AR 15/10 lowers for a few "off the grid" rifles

cstreu1026
11-08-2012, 09:10 PM
I'd like to think the UN stuff won't hold water but when a major new agency like Reuters picks up on it I tend to be at least a little concerned. Given the disregard for the constitution we've seen in the last 4 years I tend to think anything possible.

Gstang117
11-08-2012, 10:40 PM
http://marketdailynews.com/2012/11/07/senator-dianne-feinstein-moves-to-ban-all-assault-rifles-high-capacity-magazines-and-pistol-grips/
Shes back.

NaomiDstangLvr
11-09-2012, 08:42 AM
You guys, as much as I can't STAND Obama, there is no way he can take away your right to bare arms.

Black92LX
11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
http://marketdailynews.com/2012/11/07/senator-dianne-feinstein-moves-to-ban-all-assault-rifles-high-capacity-magazines-and-pistol-grips/
Shes back.

She introduces it every two years.

Again, legislation is not what we need to fear. It's subversive regulations.

You guys, as much as I can't STAND Obama, there is no way he can take away your right to bare arms.

Agreed, but he can make it very very difficult to get the things needed to make those arms function properly.

k062693w
11-09-2012, 09:33 AM
All I'm going to say is WOW !!!

mad max
11-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Looks like i need to put my ar15 on the christmas list .

04 Venom
11-09-2012, 10:12 PM
The ammo manufacturers and sporting good stores love to see this paranoia every 4 years. It's 2008 all over again.

k062693w
11-09-2012, 10:24 PM
The ammo manufacturers and sporting good stores love to see this paranoia every 4 years. It's 2008 all over again.

YEP ... Not just 2008, But every 4 years for as long as I can remember ... Hell I can remember my Dad stockpiling ammo when Ford was president !!! LOL