PDA

View Full Version : Chick-fil-a day

DSSKing68
08-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Support chick-fil-a today. That is all.

Eastgate is packed!!

Walter
08-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I want a spicy chicken sandwich and its fn packed.

jktruckin06
08-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Dude took an hour out here in tri-county.

2007ShelbyCobra
08-01-2012, 08:23 PM
chick fil a ftw

cstreu1026
08-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Anyone else think its more than just a bit hypocritical to cry about acceptance and tolerance and then at the same time not accept and be intolerant of people who don't share the same views as you based on religion, philosophy, etc.?

BTW...I didn't have Chick-fil-a today but I did Monday and again yesterday and I might stop for breakfast again tomorrow.

Black92LX
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Been four times this week!!!!

redfirepearlgt
08-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Anyone else think its more than just a bit hypocritical to cry about acceptance and tolerance and then at the same time not accept and be intolerant of people who don't share the same views as you based on religion, philosophy, etc.?

BTW...I didn't have Chick-fil-a today but I did Monday and again yesterday and I might stop for breakfast again tomorrow.

No more hypocritical than for one or groups to think they are nonreligious because they are athiest, humanist, environmentalist, etc.

:popcorn:

cstreu1026
08-01-2012, 09:47 PM
It definitely cuts both ways...but To be more clear I a was saying that those calling for a boycot are the hypocrites but then again so are those that call themselves Christians but preach hate ...see Westboro Baptist Church.

Jake
08-01-2012, 10:03 PM
as an outside observer (vegetarian who never eats fast food) how is it hypocritical? genuinely curious here. I'd appreciate it if you'd elaborate as well redfire.

redfirepearlgt
08-01-2012, 10:24 PM
It definitely cuts both ways...but To be more clear I a was saying that those calling for a boycot are the hypocrites but then again so are those that call themselves Christians but preach hate ...see Westboro Baptist Church.

Agreed.........

redfirepearlgt
08-01-2012, 10:25 PM
as an outside observer (vegetarian who never eats fast food) how is it hypocritical? genuinely curious here. I'd appreciate it if you'd elaborate as well redfire.

I'll send you a PM.

Goober
08-01-2012, 10:26 PM

People who preach tolerance and understanding not being tolerant and understanding about Chick-Fil-a's CEO stand on gay marriage... AKA Chickengate 2012

BTW, I would have gone to one today, but the closest one is almost 100 miles round trip!

cstreu1026
08-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Right the hypocrisy has nothing to do with the food but those that say they just want acceptance but can't accept that not everyone agrees with point of view and should pay for it.

NaomiDstangLvr
08-02-2012, 02:26 AM
I wanted to go today but couldn't wait in line for so long with a two year old lol! And I may be against gay marriage and know it's a sin, but I DONT HATE anyone who is gay. Hate the sin not the sinner that's where Westboro gets it all wrong! But I its such a touchy subject and I REALLY hate getting into it with other people about it. I always feel like I have to explain to people all the time that I don't hate anyone who is gay.

Chunk94GT
08-02-2012, 03:27 AM
Who care:

If gays want to marry let them.
If you want to drink and drive do it.
If you want to smoke a cig, smoke it.
Its your life, your choice, and nobody can do anything about it PERIOD

What does it hurt. I mean, if you really think about it, how does it effect your life. It doesn't effect mine at all so I don't give a shit what they do or say.

jktruckin06
08-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Goober we need to get you a damn sammich.

Mista Bone
08-02-2012, 06:05 AM
IMHO

Marriage is between a man and woman.

However I accept the fact of a civil union between partners of same sex and that they should get the same benefits as a married couple.

I don't have to agree with Chik-a-fila founder's Christian views, but as an American I support his right to express his beliefs and stand by them.

Pops Fun
08-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Wife and I stopped in around 5pm yesterday.... crowded place. :)

DSSKing68
08-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Who care:

If gays want to marry let them.
If you want to drink and drive do it.
If you want to smoke a cig, smoke it.
Its your life, your choice, and nobody can do anything about it PERIOD

What does it hurt. I mean, if you really think about it, how does it effect your life. It doesn't effect mine at all so I don't give a shit what they do or say.

I agree, to a certain extent. I do believe in some cases it is a choice. (gay or not gay) If you make that choice, why are you entitled to special treatment, protection, benefits, etc. We make a choice to be straight, yet if someone beats us, discriminates against us, or we choose to live with our opposite sex partner, but not marry them (think "life partner")we don't get health care benefits....If you want to be gay, fine...whatever, you don't have to answer to me.

Just don't expect special treatment from me.

Chick-fil-a is merely exercising their freedom of speech and religious beliefs, isn't that a founding principle of this Country?? The believe in a traditional (normal) family...I support that. The media is a bunch of liberal whiny bitches. They play a large part in all of this nonsense.

Think about how much revenue Chick-fil-a stands to lose by being honest, and standing behind it. Think about how much revenue they lose closing on Sundays. How can you not respect and support a company like that?

I waited over an hour, got 6 Chick-fil-a's, thanked them for standing up for what they believe in, and not caving to pressure.

:bigthumb:bigthumb:bigthumb

06V6Andrew
08-02-2012, 08:09 AM
IMHO

However I accept the fact of a civil union between partners of same sex and that they should get the same benefits as a married couple.

I don't have to agree with Chik-a-fila founder's Christian views, but as an American I support his right to express his beliefs and stand by them.
:bigthumb
I agree 100% with this whole statement.

djom1cincy
08-02-2012, 10:58 AM
I could give two f's in two women want to marry or two men. Everyone needs to worry about them selves more and others less. I see it as freedom of choice for them just like I see chick expressing freedom of speech. What I didn't like is the media, libs, and gay rights groups protesting chicks freedom of speech. They didn't come out and bash gays so I see. I problem with what he said. If the gays want to be excepted they need to learn and respect others rights also.

Mista Bone
08-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Chick-fil-a is merely exercising their freedom of speech and religious beliefs, isn't that a founding principle of this Country?? The believe in a traditional (normal) family...I support that. The media is a bunch of liberal whiny bitches. They play a large part in all of this nonsense.

The media stir something up into a frenzy??

cstreu1026
08-02-2012, 01:50 PM
And the same people criticizing Chick-fil-a and Dan Cathy voted for Obama in 2008 despite having the same opinion.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb162/cstreu1026/Cartoons%20And%20Such/Chickfila.jpg

dedpedal
08-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Clearly its more important to hold your fast food to a higher moral value than your president.

cstreu1026
08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
It's all good because he changed his story. He now supports gay marriage and all the financial support for his reelction campaign that comes with it.

mad max
08-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I could give two f's in two women want to marry or two men. Everyone needs to worry about them selves more and others less. I see it as freedom of choice for them just like I see chick expressing freedom of speech. What I didn't like is the media, libs, and gay rights groups protesting chicks freedom of speech. They didn't come out and bash gays so I see. I problem with what he said. If the gays want to be excepted they need to learn and respect others rights also.

Couldnt have said it better.

Goldenpony
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Agreed.........

Also agree

Goldenpony
08-02-2012, 03:39 PM
IMHO

Well said. I agree

Goldenpony
08-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Just went there (Eastgate) today for a sandwich & a coke. Crowds pretty much back to normal. Will be interesting to see if the "Kiss In" materializes tomorrow.

DSSKing68
08-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Going there with my wife tomorrow. We are going to "Kiss In"

redfirepearlgt
08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Going there with my wife tomorrow. We are going to "Kiss In"

I should take my dog over and kiss in. LOL! My wife will be working.

DSSKing68
08-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I should take my dog over and kiss in. LOL! My wife will be working.

I will donate a kiss from my wife...LOL

95redstang
08-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I passed the one on glenway while delivering pepsi yesterday.. that place was lined up about 50 cars deep.. i was wanting a chicken sandwich but i didnt want it that bad..

BIGRED Z
08-03-2012, 04:06 AM

People who preach tolerance and understanding not being tolerant and understanding about Chick-Fil-a's CEO stand on gay marriage... AKA Chickengate 2012

BTW, I would have gone to one today, but the closest one is almost 100 miles round trip!

I wanted to go today but couldn't wait in line for so long with a two year old lol! And I may be against gay marriage and know it's a sin, but I DONT HATE anyone who is gay. Hate the sin not the sinner that's where Westboro gets it all wrong! But I its such a touchy subject and I REALLY hate getting into it with other people about it. I always feel like I have to explain to people all the time that I don't hate anyone who is gay.

I agree, to a certain extent. I do believe in some cases it is a choice. (gay or not gay) If you make that choice, why are you entitled to special treatment, protection, benefits, etc. We make a choice to be straight, yet if someone beats us, discriminates against us, or we choose to live with our opposite sex partner, but not marry them (think "life partner")we don't get health care benefits....If you want to be gay, fine...whatever, you don't have to answer to me.

Just don't expect special treatment from me.

Think about how much revenue Chick-fil-a stands to lose by being honest, and standing behind it. Think about how much revenue they lose closing on Sundays. How can you not respect and support a company like that?

I waited over an hour, got 6 Chick-fil-a's, thanked them for standing up for what they believe in, and not caving to pressure.

:bigthumb:bigthumb:bigthumb

Couldn't agree more! :bigthumb

That being said, however...With all that is wrong in the world today, this is where people draw the line in the sand? Getting tired of all the hype. There ARE more pressing issues. SMDH.