Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Putz's Creamy Whip Scavenger Hunt Road Rally [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Putz's Creamy Whip Scavenger Hunt Road Rally

Rallyman
08-06-2012, 09:39 AM
What: Putz's Creamy Whip Scavenger Hunt Road Rally

When: Saturday, August 11, 2012

Who: The businesses of Fairmount, Cumminsville & Lower Price Hill will be sponsoring a scavenger hunt road rally event on Saturday, August 11, 2012, to promote the neighborhoods to local residents and to people from other areas of the tri-state. The Road Rally includes a 24 mile road course highlighting interesting sites, a scavenger hunt list, trivia questions about the neighborhoods, and prizes for the top 5 scoring teams.

Where: The rally begins at Roll Hill School, 2411 Baltimore Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45225 and ends at Putz's Creamy Whip.

Time: Check-in begins at 9:00 am. Drivers meeting is 9:45 am and the rally starts at 10:00 am.

Cost: $35.00 per vehicle.

For a flyer with full details, go to: http://www.scenicroadrallies.com/downloads/2012PutzsIceCreamRoadRally.pdf

To view a video of the road course, go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxGjJRcd6e0

The event is open to the first 25 teams to register so we recommend you pre-register by calling 812-623-5727.

Scenic Road Rallies designs and conducts scavenger hunt automobile road rally events for state parks, tourism bureaus, fund raisers, dealerships, weddings, etc. throughout the tri-state area. Our rallies are family oriented events which highlight the more unusual aspects of an area. Our goal is to educate the local residents and people throughout the region of the interesting and unique sites that the tri-state has to offer. For more information, please visit our website at www.scenicroadrallies.com

redfirepearlgt
08-06-2012, 11:00 AM
No pets... count me out. Was interested until I read the fine print. You should add no children as well to further protect you from liablilty concerns.

Walter
08-06-2012, 11:26 AM
No pets... count me out. Was interested until I read the fine print. You should add no children as well to further protect you from liablilty concerns.

Do you have kids?

Rallyman
08-08-2012, 08:39 AM

Our insurance carrier won't allow us to have "pets" at these events due to liability issues as you mentioned. Not everyone has a friendly little dog as I'm sure you already know. Also, we don't want to have someone's pet run over by one of the rally participants. A dog in a parking lot full of cars just isn't a good combination. Sorry.

ponymom05
08-08-2012, 02:53 PM
doesn't say anything about no firearms. I grew up over there, rough neighborhoods, I'd be packin'

Rallyman
08-09-2012, 05:13 PM
doesn't say anything about no firearms. I grew up over there, rough neighborhoods, I'd be packin'

:lol: No guts, no glory!

Seriously though, this is a really good route that is being sponsored by 17 businesses in the area. You won't have any problems on this route. I spent 3 months doing research on the historic buildings in these neighborhoods and never had a problem.

We'll even being touring the San Antonio Church in "Little Italy" where Buddy LaRosa got his start making pizzas for their annual church festival.

What area did you grow up in???

ponymom05
08-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Northside, West Fork Rd. within walking distance to Putz's. Before I-74 was a finished hwy. Hung sometimes up in the Fay apt. area.

On a brighter note, we did participate in one of these rallies, same company, a couple years ago, out to the wolf refuge in INdiana. It was really cool.

Rallyman
08-09-2012, 07:36 PM
We do the "Feed the Wolves" Road Rally each year that you mentioned. Funny you should mention it.....we had a national retail chain call us this afternoon they are thinking of putting a few entries into that particular rally this year and making a big donation to Wolf Creek. Hope that pans out as well!

Channel 12 emailed us this morning and gave us a heads up they were going to mention the Putz's Rally on their 4:00 pm newscast today but I never got a chance to watch it so I'm not sure all what they said.

You should come out Saturday. We've got some good prizes from Putz's, Scarlato's Pizzeria, Mr. Gene's Dog House & Delaney Communications. Plus the weather is suppose to be great!