PDA

View Full Version : Tristate This Sat

smytty
08-08-2012, 09:23 PM
ANyone up for going, or is going...
78 and and nice is the report right now.....

redfirepearlgt
08-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Josh, I will have to check with Mrs. Redfire. I have to attend a funeral in Columbus Saturday morning at 11:00am. If she has no plans for us, then I will be there. Sorry the bad news came just after you contacted me.

smytty
08-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Sry to hear that. Np family and friends first

smytty
08-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Anyone else, well geeez guess ill fly solo....:(

Kevin1989
08-11-2012, 07:40 AM
I want to buy my car won't pass tech there they are too damn picky about stupid shit

mustangjon
08-11-2012, 07:45 AM
i would but i gotta work

smytty
08-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I want to buy my car won't pass tech there they are too damn picky about stupid shitThat sucks i always thought anything could get through.. Been a few yrs since ive been through tech though

redfirepearlgt
08-11-2012, 03:13 PM
That sucks i always thought anything could get through.. Been a few yrs since ive been through tech though
Josh,
Just got in the door from Worthington, Ohio. Have too many thigns to catch up on today. Sure wish I could be down there. Probably will rain every Saturday afternoon from here forward. Post your time.

maverick
08-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Sounds fun, unfortunately my car is on jackstands. The North South 100 at Florence Speedway is tonight as well.

smytty
08-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Well nice day out just not for the mustang
Ran a :( 14.6 @107 with a 2.7 60ft lol

tried to ease into it but started spinning first , hit 2nd started to wheelhop so let off, got back into it and got that im a crappy driver time :lol:..

Still fun though

mustangjon
08-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Not bad trap speed tho

smytty
08-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Not bad trap speed thoYeah looking at stock times , trap speed is any where from 108-110 untuned so i think it had that in it atleast

redfirepearlgt
08-11-2012, 08:29 PM
There is potential there Josh. You'll find it. Sorry I couldn't be there. Hopefully next time.

Dtony
08-11-2012, 10:09 PM
I was there in the red 5.0 with the Race Stars. For Tristate the track was actually decent today. The prep is usually pretty bad.

I was trying to sort out some tune/shifting problems. I never did get it right.

smytty
08-11-2012, 10:39 PM
I was there in the red 5.0 with the Race Stars. For Tristate the track was actually decent today. The prep is usually pretty bad.

I was trying to sort out some tune/shifting problems. I never did get it right.Yeah saw your car, it runs good.. The other red one was also...

Dtony
08-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks, once the Trans functions are right i expect a lot better. The other red one just had new cams installed and is about a half second slower than before. That guy is going crazy.

Bman
08-11-2012, 10:57 PM
I want to buy my car won't pass tech there they are too damn picky about stupid shit

If you ever get lose and smack the wall on the big end. You would be glad the was so pickey about stupid shit.

smytty
08-12-2012, 12:37 AM
If you ever get lose and smack the wall on the big end. You would be glad the was so pickey about stupid shit.I notice today they have gotten strict on stuff.. Hell you could come in with 3 tires and half a car and pass back in the day. They were getting on everyone for not having a certified helmet..

smytty
08-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks, once the Trans functions are right i expect a lot better. The other red one just had new cams installed and is about a half second slower than before. That guy is going crazy.Ouch, havnt seen many touch the cams on these cars yet,,
I was in total stock form. Crappy all weather tires and same psi that came off the lot...
Was kinda a show up run a few times and take off... Some odd reason the wife wanted to come this time, thats a racing buzz kill...:lol:

Kevin1989
08-12-2012, 01:56 AM
That sucks i always thought anything could get through.. Been a few yrs since ive been through tech though
Last time I was there he picked apart my car... And right now he would have a hay day, I've got wires from the nitrous kit just laying around, (not hooked up) my drag radials are shot. I've got no hood. Lol

Dtony
08-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Ouch, havnt seen many touch the cams on these cars yet,,
I was in total stock form. Crappy all weather tires and same psi that came off the lot...
Was kinda a show up run a few times and take off... Some odd reason the wife wanted to come this time, thats a racing buzz kill...:lol:

The cams in these cars dont work. My friend went with the stage 3's and the car is a pig. I think there is a reason no-one is running the Comp cams.

Also, the tech is really tight there now. They checked everything on my car: Roll bar, fire jacket, helmet cert, Belt certs, DS loop, even gave me crap about the factory battery hold down.

My best time was a 10.38 at 134 yesterday. I was told when I picked up my ticket to be careful, it I hit a 9 I need to have a cage instead of a bar. They have certainly tightened things up there.

redfirepearlgt
08-12-2012, 12:20 PM
The cams in these cars dont work. My friend went with the stage 3's and the car is a pig. I think there is a reason no-one is running the Comp cams.

Also, the tech is really tight there now. They checked everything on my car: Roll bar, fire jacket, helmet cert, Belt certs, DS loop, even gave me crap about the factory battery hold down.

My best time was a 10.38 at 134 yesterday. I was told when I picked up my ticket to be careful, it I hit a 9 I need to have a cage instead of a bar. They have certainly tightened things up there.

Wow, sounds like they are trying to get serious now. That is a switch from the days of old just a year or so back. Hope that doesn't effect the fall Cincy Speed Street car shootout.

smytty
08-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah,yesterday it was the owners son...
Was saying the helmets need to be Snell certified with a date of 2010. Anything before 2010 is considered out dated..

Dtony
08-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Maybe since they are staring to act like a race track they will start prepping. That is the worst track I have ever raced at. I only go because the hours are good and not a long wait to run.

smytty
08-12-2012, 07:14 PM
lol yeah it is..
Maybe they can upgrade that barrel of water by the wet box to a hose...:bigthumb

Dtony
08-12-2012, 09:27 PM
lol yeah it is..
Maybe they can upgrade that barrel of water by the wet box to a hose...:bigthumb

That was funny!! The first time I raced there I couldnt believe my eyes. I used to race at Dragway 42 a lot. That place even has a water hose.

Just the same, next week looks good so far, low 70s so I will probably go back.

smytty
08-14-2012, 03:42 PM
That was funny!! The first time I raced there I couldnt believe my eyes. I used to race at Dragway 42 a lot. That place even has a water hose.

Just the same, next week looks good so far, low 70s so I will probably go back.Let me know if you do, if my little ones soccer game is over, which it should be i might head down again to bust off another 14sec run:lol:

kev2769
08-14-2012, 08:21 PM
I was there in my rx7. I noticed they really pic on a lot of things at the tech but it is a good thing also. You have to figure if someone was wearing a out dated helmet and got killed they might have a lawsuit on them. Regardless I still have a couple small things to do to mine if I go again.
On the other hand you guys should go to kilkare next weekend. They are having a wheel stand Compitition and I'm sure it will be lots of fun.

smytty
08-14-2012, 08:23 PM
I was there in my rx7. I noticed they really pic on a lot of things at the tech but it is a good thing also. You have to figure if someone was wearing a out dated helmet and got killed they might have a lawsuit on them. Regardless I still have a couple small things to do to mine if I go again.
On the other hand you guys should go to kilkare next weekend. They are having a wheel stand Compitition and I'm sure it will be lots of fun.Yeah i understand, thing is its easier to pass tech at EW then TS now.. Who wouldve guessed

kev2769
08-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Hopefully they can have it smoothed out this winter and be fresh for next year with a few more feet to slow down.

smytty
08-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Hopefully they can have it smoothed out this winter and be fresh for next year with a few more feet to slow down.Def, if they put some money into the track they would pull in alot more buisness. It seems like the Mom and Son i talked too are putting more time and intrest into the track.

Dtony
08-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Let me know if you do, if my little ones soccer game is over, which it should be i might head down again to bust off another 14sec run:lol:

As of right now I am going. i just ordered some MT pro drag radials and have a new tune coming for my trans issues.

Bman
08-16-2012, 12:09 PM
On the other hand you guys should go to kilkare next weekend. They are having a wheel stand Compitition and I'm sure it will be lots of fun.

When did you stop messing with Buicks and Olds and make the change to ls1?