PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest... '85 Fox coupe 460 swap project

Stangman
08-14-2012, 06:47 PM
I've found something I want. But in order to get it, I have to get rid of something.

What I have is an '85 Mustang LX coupe I've had for a while that I had plans to put a 460 in it and make it a street car. Yes, 100% street car.

I've got a lot of money tied up in this thing soo far and have never really worked on it. I would consider selling the whole shebang if I can get close to what I want.

The car:

'85 coupe, white w/ red interior, former 4cyl/auto

A little rust, frame was good when I looked at it a few weeks ago. Will need some attention, but was solid. Needs lowe core support section (looks like someone yanked it) I have one to go with the car.

Comes with:

Full set of original red '85 GT upholstery. Front and back seats (planned to remove rear seat upholstery and reattach to coupe back
seat)
Will come sitting on 10 holes w/ tires
GT dash bezels
140 mph speedo
'85 GT nose
Marchal foglights
Forlight bar
GT side mouldings
Set of decent doors from an SVO (car needs a drivers door)
Good passenger fender (car could use a passenger fender)
Good trunk lid (car needs a trunk lid)
Good hood (needs a hood)
Original GT foglight switch
460 short block with Canton foxbody oil pan
A big Isky hydraulic cam
460 swap motor mounts
Hooker super comp swap headers
Edelbrock performer intake
Edelbrock carb
C6 trans and converter from '69 Tbird (condition unknown!)
D0VE heads, recent refurb from what I was told
8.8 axle and the bracket to swap the lines
Back half of stock LX stainless tailpipes
Dual snorkel air cleaner and all the plastic pipes
FORDified racing 1.5" billet Aluminum Kmember spacers to let the 460 use the stock hood!
'69 429 block and C9 heads, stock intake

I'm sure I got more but I can't think of anything else right now.

My goal for this car was to have a 100% street capable car I could jump in and drive 50 miles to work in traffic. Something that looked stock and was even a little bit of a sleeper. I even wanted to put a tremec behind the 460 too.

I sat down and added all this up and I have over $3,500 in this thing. I would love to get $3k for ALL of it. Not parting a single thing out, do not ask. If this doesn't sell, I will keep it and finish it as time/money allows.

A little insane I know....