PDA

View Full Version : New gun laws? denied for .22 ammo

2007ShelbyCobra
08-18-2012, 07:41 PM
So basically im pissed, went to wally world to buy .22 lr ammo, and they scanned my id (im 20 years old) and said i was denied. I said idk why, you only have to be 18 to buy lr ammo, i just bought a rifle from you guys a few months back. The cashier told me "well it got denied, so i cant do it". I just said whatever, thanks anyways. So i go to Dicks, ask for my birth date, not my id, and they say the same shit. The computer said i wasnt at the required age. I told them the computers wrong, ive bought ammo from them a million times with no problem and just bought a rifle. So she ask the manager, who says "you must be 21". I just looked at her like she was a fool and said your wrong, unless the law changed in the past two weeks it has always been 18 for lr and ive never had a problem. They got pissed and another employee walked up and made things work for me. But WTF!!?? Ive never had this issue,, had them scan my id etc etc and bought a firearm with no problems. Was there a law change im not aware of or something stupid? :mad:

Cliff notes: Went to buy .22lr ammo at age 20, said I have to be 21 and I was denied.

Mista Bone
08-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Because is can be used in a pistol they get to decide......

Where ammunition or
reloaded ammunition may be used in both a rifle and a handgun, it may
be sold to a person who is at least 18 years of age, but less than
21 years of age, if the vendor reasonably believes that the
ammunition is being acquired for use in a rifle and not a handgun.

Liability reasons.

ibstrokin
08-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Wally World used to ask if it was for rifle or pistol, if you said pistol, you probably need to be 21, if you said rifle, then probably 18. But I'm not sure.

2007ShelbyCobra
08-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Wally World used to ask if it was for rifle or pistol, if you said pistol, you probably need to be 21, if you said rifle, then probably 18. But I'm not sure.

thats exactly what they had done before, this time they didnt ask and I told the cashier it was for a rifle.

Mista Bone
08-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Ever run into a stupid parts counter person at Autozone????

Wally World has the same people.

Support your local firearms shop.

All this .22 LR I have sitting here, I could sell for profit now. 550 or 575 count Federal Bulk packs, I only paid $7-8 for each one.

What are they now, $20+?

I bet the brass hounds have picked up every .22 LR spent casing at Spring Valley.

Mista Bone
08-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Ever run into a stupid parts counter person at Autozone????

Wally World has the same people.

Support your local firearms shop.

All this .22 LR I have sitting here, I could sell for profit now. 550 or 575 count Federal Bulk packs, I only paid $7-8 for each one.

What are they now, $20+?

I bet the brass hounds have picked up every .22 LR spent casing at Spring Valley.

cstreu1026
08-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Blame the lawyers...these stores probably don't won't to take a chance of being mentioned in the same story as a shooting or to get sued.

duststang
08-20-2012, 07:29 AM
yes there are many uninformed people out there. these people, especially the part store act like they know something and they dont have a clue giving bad advice or stupid excuses.

skenny19
08-20-2012, 12:27 PM
ive had this problem before its because .22lr is a handgun round to which everyone know u have to be 21 for a handgun and ammo for it. when i went to get .22lr from wally they ask for age i ask why and he told me that i was only 20 luckly the cashier had some brains and just asked what kind of gun i had i told him then he put my birth day in just 1 year older

turbostang95
09-01-2012, 08:12 AM
this is the goverment just trying to make it even harder on the law abiding citizens in this country to not be able to defend themselves. There looking for every way to take our guns away from us. Ive even heard there talking about making ammo so it has a shelf life. (what is this a peice of meat at the store?)