PDA

View Full Version : Thrown a wheel weight this morning.

80 hate
08-20-2012, 08:42 PM
So im driven my car to work today and crossed some rail road tracks and I started to get a shack in the steering wheel. Im pretty sure I threw a wheel weight. Does anyone know how much it costs to get my wheels balanced? :confused:

mustangjon
08-20-2012, 08:48 PM
i'd take care of it but the drive wouldnt be worth it lol. Tire discounters in middletown should be able to do it for like 7.50-10 bucks a wheel depending type of weights it calls for

Kevin1989
08-20-2012, 08:56 PM
So im driven my car to work today and crossed some rail road tracks and I started to get a shack in the steering wheel. Im pretty sure I threw a wheel weight. Does anyone know how much it costs to get my wheels balanced? :confused:

As much as I hate to recomend sears to anyone after I was phuked over by them. Go there it's pretty damn cheap

AntiRice427
08-20-2012, 09:04 PM
5 bucks at Walmart

mustangjon
08-20-2012, 09:13 PM
i wouldnt have walmart balance my tires if they paid me. Ive had to redo too many of their shitty jobs not to mention retrain their techs that ive hired because they are actually trained to counter balance wheels, aka just keep throwing weights on it till it comes up to 0

Rich
08-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Take it to Mike at Grismer Tire in Springboro. He goes by TireGuy on this board.

AntiRice427
08-20-2012, 10:48 PM
i wouldnt have walmart balance my tires if they paid me. Ive had to redo too many of their shitty jobs not to mention retrain their techs that ive hired because they are actually trained to counter balance wheels, aka just keep throwing weights on it till it comes up to 0

Hmm Ive never had a problem. I have never had them put on more than one weight per side either.

80 hate
08-21-2012, 06:00 AM
How long does it take? Could I do it on a lunch break?

mustangjon
08-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Most shops prolly take 30 min to do just depends how busy they are to get u in

qwk93ta
08-21-2012, 12:20 PM

They suck, I've never had them balance a set of tires correctly yet. My son had some very nice rims installed by them, they scratched the shit out of them and ended up buying my son a new set of rims.