PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Kil Kare Racers/fans *Please Read*

Kwik92GT
08-22-2012, 03:18 AM
There will be a meeting at the Xenia Twp Office (8 Brush Row Rd. in Xenia), on Sept. 6th @ 7PM, to discuss the closing of Kil Kare because of noise complaints.

I urge anyone who wants to see this track stay open to go to this meeting and voice their opinion. The new ownership has put a lot of money into this facility to give the racers, and fans, a better place to race/spectate, with more to come. We need to give them our support. We don't need to start losing our local tracks like you see in other parts of the country. :mad:

Rick93coupe
08-22-2012, 12:06 PM
This needs to be made into a sticky for a few weeks. Would be a shame to loose the track!

cstreu1026
08-22-2012, 12:20 PM
If you can't attend I suggest contacting the township trustees, Scott W. Miller, Jim Reed, and Amy Lewis to express your concerns about the issue.

http://xeniatownship.org/Administration.htm

beefcake
08-22-2012, 10:31 PM
i love how all these places, build homes and towns around a track, then ask the track to leave, lmao

IWRBB
08-23-2012, 10:58 AM
So it looks like that's the board of trustees meeting according to this (http://www.xeniatownship.org/Township%20Events.htm)webpage.

Trustees don't have the ability to close a privately owned business. It'd take a court decision claiming the track violates local noise ordinaces or something like that. So maybe they are discussing the possibility of going down that route.

Xenia has a new proposed land use plan and there was public hearing on the 14th. Attending that would have been more useful IMO, but... if you read below, there appears to be no desire to close it- in fact they recommend new uses be compatible with the existing track and no residential be allowed. It is by the shitter plant and a superfund site.. who wants a house there?

Here's what the Township wants to do with KilKare- straight from their proposed land use (http://www.xeniatownship.org/Xenia%20Township%20Master%20Plan%20(FINAL%20DRAFT% 20-%20REDUCED%208.5x11)%20March%202012.pdf) plan.
"Planning Area #3
Kil-Kare District Overview
The Kil-Kare District is roughly one square mile, bounded on the East and South by the City of Xenia, on the west by Beavercreek Township, on the North by Fairground Road. It has steep topography to the East and South, the Western border running North and South is adjacent to the Little Miami River. The Kil-Kare Race track, sewage treatment plant, shooting range, bike path, junk yard, gravel pit and dump are all located within this planning area. This area contains several uses that require large land areas and have the potential to create noise disturbances.
Future
District Character
Future land uses should not include residential areas due to excessive noise from the race track and shooting range, and possible contamination of groundwater from the superfund site, dump, and junkyard.
Land uses to be considered may include a mix of open space/prairie restoration, uses compatible with the racing industry, i.e. overnight lodging, fast food, parking lots, and other large scale recreational activities that may produce noise, i.e. ATV/Motorcross park, model airplane flying areas, golf courses, horseback riding/training areas, and soccer fields.
Areas with steep terrain could be ski/sledding areas. Areas close to the river provide opportunities for water recreation such as fishing and canoeing.
Another alternative use that would be appropriate for this area could be the expansion of the commercial mineral extraction activity.

Policy
Recommendations
Identify funding opportunities for brownfield development of the superfund site to clean up and implement future uses.
Provide proper screening/buffering between uses should it be necessary.
Provide access from future recreational areas to the existing bike trail.
Create incentives for industrial /mining activities to occur in the district,
Implement access management measures to prevent congestion on existing roadways with the implementation of fast food restaurants, lodging, and new recreational activities.
Implement zoning guidelines to protect, restore, and preserve the groundwater resources existing in the area.
This area should provide for industrial, commercial, and open pace/recreation activities"

cstreu1026
08-23-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't Xenia Township has had any sort of zoning regulations for more 4 or 5 years and while they may not be able to force them to close they can make it very difficult and expensive to operate. I think it might go along way if Kilkare were to require mufflers on all cars in the future. Racecars don't have to have open headers to be fast and there are plenty of tracks that already require mufflers such as Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in New Jersey.

MrMustang99GT
08-23-2012, 04:09 PM
We need to show support of the track.. It was noted in a drivers meeting last Saturday before elimination rounds that the township was acquiring equipment to monitor the level of noise omitted by our cars... The owner stood up and said that they are trying to bring the hammer down on the facility and that it has slowed the progress he was making.. We need as many people as possible to show up for this next meeting..

IWRBB
08-24-2012, 11:41 AM
To be effective.. those speaking in support of the track should really be residents of Xenia Twp. If you live in Dayton and say "don't close the track!" they won't care about your opinion. They don't represent you. You don't live there, you don't pay taxes there. You need to get as many Xenia Twp residents as possible to stand up and speak out against your township spending money on monitoring equipment to try to "go after" the track.

The trustees represent the people of the township, and those people need to make their voices heard loud and clear.

Jake
08-25-2012, 09:44 AM
I don't Xenia Township has had any sort of zoning regulations for more 4 or 5 years and while they may not be able to force them to close they can make it very difficult and expensive to operate. I think it might go along way if Kilkare were to require mufflers on all cars in the future. Racecars don't have to have open headers to be fast and there are plenty of tracks that already require mufflers such as Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in New Jersey.

this was my first thought. there a plenty of obnoxiously loud cars that don't even crack 12 seconds. I think requiring mufflers would go a long way to showing cooperation, and cutting down on noise. I've only been out on T&T nights though.

thanks for the info IWRBB.

RacerX
08-26-2012, 12:48 AM
The oval already requires mufflers. I like that plan that where it states other racing activities. Maybe finally they will plow that track up and build a real paved 1/2 mile banked track. I think the real noise is from drag strip.

DR

cstreu1026
08-26-2012, 12:58 PM
There is a Xenia Township community page on facebook and Alan King, a member of the township's zoning board says that according to Trustee Jim Reed there is nothing on the agenda regarding Kilkare for the September 6th trustees meeting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/xeniatownshipforum/

cstreu1026
08-26-2012, 12:59 PM
There is a Xenia Township community page on facebook and Alan King, a member of the township's zoning board says that according to Trustee Jim Reed there is nothing on the agenda regarding Kilkare for the September 6th trustees meeting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/xeniatownshipforum/

pegasus
08-27-2012, 03:08 AM
I will be there and I will spread the word. If kk wasn't ther when I was a dumb-a$$ kid I fear I would be dead by the age to 19. I did a lot to dumb shit when I was a kid but I never took will to the street just KK

bestracing
08-27-2012, 08:51 AM
To be effective.. those speaking in support of the track should really be residents of Xenia Twp. If you live in Dayton and say "don't close the track!" they won't care about your opinion. They don't represent you. You don't live there, you don't pay taxes there. You need to get as many Xenia Twp residents as possible to stand up and speak out against your township spending money on monitoring equipment to try to "go after" the track.

The trustees represent the people of the township, and those people need to make their voices heard loud and clear.

While that is mostly true you can influence them by stating how much revenue you bring to the area. Are you buying anything there? By buying and spending money there you are supporting businesses that in turn pay TAXES. A big reduction of people coming in from out of town will mean a loss in business and a loss of revenue for the township. That is were the track owner needs to focus is the amount of people from out of town he draws in that would not normally be there and how much revenue they bring into and spend in the area.