PDA

View Full Version : Summit Racing is a joke...

2007ShelbyCobra
08-24-2012, 12:29 AM
so I literally about went on a rampage tonight. Heres what happened. Ordered camshafts in the first week of June. They send me no notifications, but I guess they were on back order so it takes THREE WEEKS for them to be shipped from Summit. Pissed me off that they gave me no heads up, but not the end of the world. Well then I drop them off to my engine guy, he calls me a week or two later when hes installing them, and finds one of the cam bolts is a smaller size and he was questionable about running it. Also, they had been opened before, two cams came with bolts that were NOT from Summit. So I ship them back, and because of the added downtime, decide to run a bit more radical camshaft. The SUMMIT REP I SPOKE WITH SAID IT WOULD BE THE SAME PRICE, FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYS. So I get the cams back, box them up and ship them out. Summit receives the returned cams on 8/8. Said it would be a 4-5 day processing. Well finally today, 8/23, they call to verify the credit card holder for the remaining balance? I told them idk what theyre talking about,, shipping was supposed to be free both ways. I guess the fee was for the new camshaft, the rep I talked to today tells me there is a $95.00 difference in price. I told him the previous rep said that the return and exchange would be the SAME price with no changes in the balance. I sit on hold for 15 minutes, and he says that the price is the price and without a note from the previous rep, he could not take the $95.00 charge off. Basically I said its bullshit because they screwed me over through the whole process, and are now trying to charge me extra. So I just returned the cams and will be getting the money back in 3-4 days. I am so pissed words cannot describe it. My car has been apart for ever now, and these clowns just wasted over two months. I guess ill be getting custom grinds and waiting a few more weeks to do it right on the second attempt. I will NEVER again deal with, support, or recommend Summit Racing to anyone.

Mista Bone
08-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Go cry on Yellowbullet.com and take your meds.

I had a reply typed out but the forum choked.

700hp04mystic
08-24-2012, 08:19 AM
so someone was a dick to you so its ok to be a dick to someone that didnt say shit to you. what a fucking goof,u need to buy a car and get a real job and chill the fuck out.

700hp04mystic
08-24-2012, 08:20 AM
by the way i hate it when they do that crap dont tell u something is on bo and go ahead and take your money, lethal performance is real bad about that to.

Carl
08-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Or, I don't know...go to LOCAL BUSINESS! I bet Cincy Speed wouldn't have "screwed you over".

IWRBB
08-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Shoulda just left the stock cams in there.

Mista Bone
08-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Or, I don't know...go to LOCAL BUSINESS! I bet Cincy Speed wouldn't have "screwed you over".

Since Craig's rant years ago I've been doing exactly. Maybe not Craig but I've been going to local's as much as possible.

Never had better service either.

Kevin1989
08-24-2012, 12:35 PM
so someone was a dick to you so its ok to be a dick to someone that didnt say shit to you. what a fucking goof,u need to buy a car and get a real job and chill the fuck out.

But a civic is faasssssttt

Stangman
08-24-2012, 02:03 PM
I never have a lick of trouble from summit, jegs, ebay, amazon, cincy speed or anyone..... you guys must have bad luck. Chill out

slow86fiveoh
08-24-2012, 03:09 PM
X2 I have always had good luck and excellent customer service from summit and jegs must be a fluke

Pitbull1052
08-24-2012, 03:47 PM
I never have a lick of trouble from summit, jegs, ebay, amazon, cincy speed or anyone..... you guys must have bad luck. Chill out

I was going to say the same thing Jess I've bought i don't know how many thousands of dollars worth of parts from all the above, jegs, Cincy, MD, Summit, CJ Pony, Late model resto, all of them and when i did have any issues they were taken care of right away.....

Maximus
08-24-2012, 04:50 PM

2 Free pulls for you when you come into town.

2 Free pulls for you.

I was going to say the same thing Jess I've bought i don't know how many thousands of dollars worth of parts from all the above, jegs, Cincy, MD, Summit, CJ Pony, Late model resto, all of them and when i did have any issues they were taken care of right away.....

2 Free pulls for you as well.

Thank you for the show of support.
Shoot me a PM with your info so I can make a note in my book.

Craig

Kevin1989
08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Ben I think you should go there lol

Stangman
08-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Cool! Thanks Craig. I will redeem these for my Lincoln when its repaired. Thanks guy :bigthumb

DSSKing68
08-24-2012, 05:31 PM

Craig

See why you deal locally?? Customer support..dealing with real people, and reputation. Any they actually appreciate your business.

Cincy Speed FTW.

rtvickers
08-24-2012, 06:13 PM

2 Free pulls for you.

2 Free pulls for you as well.

Craig

That's what I'm talking. That's awesome Craig. I need to get me some Cincy Speed shirts and stickers. I've been wanting some for awhile. I wish you guys sold them at TNL.

2007ShelbyCobra
08-24-2012, 09:48 PM
yea, nothing against Cincy Speed, ive only heard great things about them.

I just went for the cheapest price from a big company which I ASUMMED would mean theyd have a reputation to uphold. Its not the biggest thing in the world, but it pissed me off enough to where i wont deal with them. Im having custom grinds ordered monday.

chris91
08-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Going for the cheapest isnt always the best though. I priced out a bunch of gauges from Jegs and Summit a couple years back and Craig was really close to their prices but being able to actually check the product out before forking over the cash more than makes up for it. Also in a case like yours when you have a problem you get it taken care of a lot easier than arguing with someone over the phone and just getting frustrated.

Carl
08-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Craig, next time I have the Stang in town your shop is the first place I'm stopping at! (who knows when that will be though) :(

Mista Bone
08-25-2012, 04:49 AM

I just went for the cheapest price from a big company which I ASUMMED would mean theyd have a reputation to uphold. Its not the biggest thing in the world, but it pissed me off enough to where i wont deal with them. Im having custom grinds ordered monday.

Give Cracker a chance to be close to the price AFTER shipping. He might be a few $$$ higher, but he is still be around even after Super Shops in Woodlawn closed up, that was 1996 IIRC?

I will say this though, if you stop in at a Jegs location in Cbus and the part is NOT at the store, they will ship it free from the warehouse if you pay then.

They normally don't stock the weird/import parts at the 11th Ave. location, just saying.

2Fast4You
08-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Super Shops, that's a name I haven't heard in a while. I loved working there, can't believe what happened to them!
Deal local as much as possible.

Ryan218
08-27-2012, 05:20 AM

that was your first mistake. and your second. why custom grinds when all you have is an exhasut?

2007ShelbyCobra
08-27-2012, 01:31 PM
that was your first mistake. and your second. why custom grinds when all you have is an exhasut?

I can get them cheaper than dealers of Comp Cams, and will have a slightly better gain than an off the shelf cam. I will probably have some intake work done as well. This will be on stock springs and retainers

Ryan218
08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
I can get them cheaper than dealers of Comp Cams, and will have a slightly better gain than an off the shelf cam. I will probably have some intake work done as well. This will be on stock springs and retainers

then there is no point. you should always upgrade the springs to handle the cam, last thing you want is the springs to be to weak for the cam. or for them to bind up. custom grind would be great if you had a fully built motor. with a combo like yours, off the shelf cams imo are going to befit you more. and if your doing such a mild cam that your factory valvetrain will suffice then i really do not see the point unless all you after is the lope..not to mention all the tune time.

Yellow98Cobra
08-27-2012, 03:10 PM
You will see gains. You do not need to change valve springs to make power. I know you have been working with NASVT. He knows his shit when it comes to four valve mod motors. You should make good power with the cam install.

2007ShelbyCobra
08-27-2012, 03:20 PM
then there is no point. you should always upgrade the springs to handle the cam, last thing you want is the springs to be to weak for the cam. or for them to bind up. custom grind would be great if you had a fully built motor. with a combo like yours, off the shelf cams imo are going to befit you more. and if your doing such a mild cam that your factory valvetrain will suffice then i really do not see the point unless all you after is the lope..not to mention all the tune time.

What your saying is partially true, but not for my car and in this case. Ive been on M1R for a year watching every cam build and dyno result. I am sure of everything im doing. Im having one of the best mod motor guys (imo) spec and degree the cams,, and instal the valvetrain.

Springs/retainers are $400, the stock intake is the limitation. By the time I get a a different intake and springs/retainers, ill be close to a grand for probably 20rwhp. As long as I keep at 7k rpm or less, its been proven safe with the factory components.

Ryan218
08-30-2012, 03:04 AM
What your saying is partially true, but not for my car and in this case. Ive been on M1R for a year watching every cam build and dyno result. I am sure of everything im doing. Im having one of the best mod motor guys (imo) spec and degree the cams,, and instal the valvetrain.

Springs/retainers are $400, the stock intake is the limitation. By the time I get a a different intake and springs/retainers, ill be close to a grand for probably 20rwhp. As long as I keep at 7k rpm or less, its been proven safe with the factory components.

learn something new everyday. but ive always been one to rather spend the money while im there then to have to tear it apart again. ( ive learned the hard way a few times on my 99 cobra i had. )

slow86fiveoh
09-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Mod motor parts are quite pricey to begin with so I would only like to do it right one time, my brother has had so much trouble with small on his 99 cobra and tearing back into the motor is becoming second nature.

Ryan218
09-07-2012, 02:40 AM
Mod motor parts are quite pricey to begin with so I would only like to do it right one time, my brother has had so much trouble with small on his 99 cobra and tearing back into the motor is becoming second nature.

agred. it was not a cheap toy at all. although id still love to have another 99 or 01 cobra. was a fun car to cruise around in.

Mista Bone
09-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Who is doing these regrinds? Only 3-4 company's that will murder a stock cam for more lift by reducing the baseline measurement.

2007ShelbyCobra
09-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Who is doing these regrinds? Only 3-4 company's that will murder a stock cam for more lift by reducing the baseline measurement.

not a regrind, a new cam. Bullet is doing the work

beercan5.0
09-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Get the new cams in ?

2007ShelbyCobra
09-26-2012, 10:37 PM
yes. Engine is together, ready to go into the car. I still need to figure out what k member set up im running and then ill attempt to start putting it together.

(I have a stock k member, QA1 k member with stock a arms, or QA1 and use fox a arms, idk what im doing)