PDA

View Full Version : Car show in Newport

rtvickers
08-24-2012, 09:23 PM
They're having a Car Show in Newport this sunday the 26th on Monmouth St. It used to be a Chili Cook off and Car show. Im not sure about the Cook off. I usually work this event but Im not working it this year so I might take my junk down. Thats if I can get it cleaned up. I think its from 11am to 7pm. It would be awesome to see a steady stream of SBZ showing up in real street cars. Lol. Anyone plan on going?

chris91
08-24-2012, 09:30 PM
I might have to bring the car out for this. Pretty close to home.

rtvickers
08-24-2012, 09:40 PM
I might have to bring the car out for this. Pretty close to home.

It would be nice to get to see that thing with the new motor. Im not 100% sure Im going yet. Just depends how well I can get it cleaned up tomorrow night. I dont have any luck cleaning it up in the sun. Im no pro. Lol. Its in bad shape. Its in serious need of a pro like you.

chris91
08-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Just let me know when you want it done. Ill be doing mine tomorrow afternoon. Its been a while and the birds have done a number on mine. I swear I wash it and the very next day its been bombed. So now I have to clay, buff, and seal it. FUN!

Never heard of this show before. Usually a good turn out? Do they charge admission or anything?

rtvickers
08-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Just let me know when you want it done. Ill be doing mine tomorrow afternoon. Its been a while and the birds have done a number on mine. I swear I wash it and the very next day its been bombed. So now I have to clay, buff, and seal it. FUN!

Never heard of this show before. Usually a good turn out? Do they charge admission or anything?

They have been doing this show for atleast 12yrs. I dont know if your familiar with Newport but it starts at 10th and Monmouth and runs down to 5th and Monmouth. And its usually pretty full. They go down the side streets some and in some parking lots. Dont hold me to it but I think if you want to compete in the show it might be like $20. But from what I understand if your just showing it off then its nothing. There's a guy listed that they want people to call. I ask the guy that runs it today if I needed to call him if I want to bring it down but not compete for prizes. He said no just bring it down. They will have orange barrels everywhere. If you pull up and tell the person at the barrells your in the show they will let you in. They are inmates from the jail. They will have about 20 of them working this event.

So whats your price for what you are going to do to yours tomorrow? I did a little clay work a few weeks ago. Not much and it was my first time claying anything. Detailling is something I wish I could do. Im not bad with spray wax. But Im horrible with anything else. I think its got a bad case of the swirls.

chris91
08-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah I dont think my car is anything to compete with Id like to show it off though. :)

I just started doing it for people again. With the heat we were having I wasnt doing any details. Ill pm ya with my prices. Dont want to piss anyone off.

rtvickers
08-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Today at KOI in Newport I seen a General Lee go down the street. It was pretty damn swweet. It will probably be in the show. I hope.