Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Engine Building & Machining ??? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Engine Building & Machining ???

leroy93lx
09-04-2012, 10:22 PM
I think I am going to have an engine built over the winter and have a few questions. Who are the good machines shops around to have all the work done for a stroker build? Also, how do shops price engine assembly? By the hour or by the job or what? I have looked at BES and a few other websites for services and pricing. I am just trying to figure out what kind of labor I will be paying out. I would love to find one already built ready to go , but I know it won't be exactly what I am looking for. Any guidance would be appreciated. I am wanting a street friendly 331-347 to put in front of my little AOD. Something that is stout in NA form but could handle boost if I decided to go that route. This is a street car so reliability is key. It has gone 12s with a stock long block , so now its time for something different and more exciting! Also, the AOD can handle this kind of power , and no I won't convert to a stick for " more excitement".

5.0calypso93lx
09-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Not sure what part of town you're in, but BES is probably closest if you're in Indiana. Their prices aren't really THAT bad. You'll make more trips there than you'll realize too. They built a 358w for me last year and the guy I sold it to went mid 9's on a stock 71 351w block, stock crank with cheapy Eagle SIR I beam rods and heavy speed pro forged pistons.

orangedemon331
09-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Barker machine and Fab in Batavia if you wanna go that far!!

leroy93lx
09-04-2012, 10:34 PM
BES is pretty close, Mike Bell is about equal to them. Sharpe racing engines is the closest in Liberty, Indiana. I would like to make 375-400 to the tire NA.

Whyucryn
09-05-2012, 12:43 AM
You can't go wrong with BES. Their reputation speaks for ifself

Mista Bone
09-05-2012, 03:20 AM
You can't go wrong with BES. Their reputation speaks for ifself

done, game over.

slow86fiveoh
09-05-2012, 05:48 AM
BES for the win, tony has built a few engines for my friends and their work is top notch and prices aren't much more than anywhere else but u know u are getting what u pay for

Adam@S&MMotorsports
09-05-2012, 09:00 AM
BES or Barker Machine & Fab. Both do top notch work :bigthumb