PDA

View Full Version : Detroit True Trac. rearend kicks to left

MWoods26
09-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Has anybody on here had any experince with an Eaton Detroit Tru Trac? I recently went SRA in my 04 cobra and decided on a 31 spline Tru Trac and 31 spline Mosers. I had a reputable builder from here set the rearend up and I am more than happy with his work and how quickly he was able to get the stuff I wanted done to the car knocked out. The rearend doesnt make any whine or noise (other than the coilovers that Im not happy with so far) everything drives smooth and works as it should untill I decide to blow off the tires. Now every car I have ever owned has always kicked the ass end out to the right including this car when it had the stock IRS. Now everytime it will go to my left? Any ideas?

slow86fiveoh
09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
I would also like to know about this my fox does the same thing with a rebuilt diff and hotchkis upper and lowers and aftermarket swaybar, cut factory springs

MWoods26
09-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Guess I should add that my car has UPR solid uppers and lowers and UPR coilovers with strange 10 ways. I thought not having a sway bar might have something to do with it but I bought a sway bar from a member yesterday and still goes left after I put it on.

Stangman
09-19-2012, 03:17 PM
I think its because both wheels are spinning instantly the same amount, instead of the right wheel spinning more. I had an 89 GT that would kick left hardcore when I wanted to fry the tires.

MWoods26
09-19-2012, 04:39 PM
I think its because both wheels are spinning instantly the same amount, instead of the right wheel spinning more. I had an 89 GT that would kick left hardcore when I wanted to fry the tires.

I have owned and drove many many vehicles where both wheels were spinning instantly with full on Detroit lockers and spools and such. They all kicked right. Could I have a bad unit where it is making the left spin more? Just a matter of mins ago I was on my way to my parents house and broke it loose in a spot that the road is visibly crowned and I always get nasty there in whatever I'm driving and slide the ass end right. This car still went left

MWoods26
09-21-2012, 01:49 PM
I made 5 passes at TNL last night and there is 2x the amount of rubber on the left side.

Stangman
09-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Have you talked to the manufacturer about the issue yet?