Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
fan relay hook up? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : fan relay hook up?

akagreg3
10-05-2012, 11:24 AM
iv googled it and read alot of the post out there, iv got a pretty good idea of how it works, this is the kit i got in the pic, anyone thats done it before whats the best way to hook it up? whats the best wires to splice in to and what not? my thermostat housing has the place for the sensor is that the best place for it?
i dont have a/c or anything and the engines a stock 94 302 so i believe it has the 3g alt

thanks guys, just never installed one before

Pitbull1052
10-05-2012, 12:41 PM
yup i've got the exact same one are you running dual fans or just a single fan? I don't see any orange wires so i'm guessing just a single. my thermal probe is ran into my intake I used an -an fitting and this two part electrical expoxy so the wires don't get burnt and i'm running a holley intake. On the female end of your plug it should have the temp adjustment. I'll have to look at mine later to double check but it should have a hot from the fuse straight to the battery and a ground, then a blue and white for one fan and mine had an orange and white for the other. Yellow for key on. I also ran mine to a constant on switch so when i'm at the track i can just keep it on to cool it off quicker.

I also put a butt connector on my thermal probe so if i have to disconnect it i can just unplug it rather than removing it from the intake.

akagreg3
10-05-2012, 02:48 PM
awesome pit - thanks for the info, yea its just a single fan, any key on wires i should stay away from? was planning to just use the yellow one come from the ignition switch and main harness.

Pitbull1052
10-08-2012, 12:29 PM
awesome pit - thanks for the info, yea its just a single fan, any key on wires i should stay away from? was planning to just use the yellow one come from the ignition switch and main harness.

Yup that'll be perfect, and no problem I like that controller a lot, maybe take pics and post up the steps as you do it as i'm sure there's others who'd like to do it or wouldnt even attempt it and it's a pretty easy job.

akagreg3
10-08-2012, 01:50 PM
all hooked up and working good thanks to you and mike bell, much appreciated guys

here a site i found that was helpful too
http://www.automotiverewire.com/Documents/ElectricFansPreferred.pdf

Pitbull1052
10-08-2012, 02:37 PM
heck yea! guess you don't mess around lol glad to have helped