PDA

View Full Version : Question about a car flipped by interstate.

Lexstang
10-13-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm just curious. Last week I was on I-70 about 2am and there was a lincoln ls that had missed the exit ramp and flipped in the area between ramps. I was the first civilian type to stop. There was noone there when we got to it. Of course we immediatetly started looking for an ejected victem. One of the fire fighters said they had gotten a 911 call from someone claiming to be in the vehicle. SO apparently they got scared of getting a DUI or something and ran into the woods. Not bright for sure...anyway Are they likely to bother investigating the cell phone and license plate and press charges? All I figure is hope they don't make it worse on themselves trying to report it stolen.. It was a nice car till they crumpled it up.

Black92LX
10-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Yes, they will investigate. It's not really that difficult of an investigation.
Sure DUI will probably not be charged in the end, but reckless driving, leaving the scene, etc would not be to difficult to prove.

98stangv6
10-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, at that point a DUI can't really be charged and hold up in court unless they are found in the immediate area and pretty quickly, other than that they are looking at leaving the scene of an accident charges.

dsmawd350
10-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Which beats a dui lol

Mista Bone
10-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Failure to report, 6 points.

dsmawd350
10-14-2012, 04:11 PM
so what if you call and say you had an accident but it was cold and your friend was following you so you just left with him see ya in the morning lol is it still failure to report