PDA

View Full Version : MGW 2011+ Q??

redfirepearlgt
10-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Has anyone installed one of these complete kits with heat shield? Is there much noise through the shifter after the install during driving? Some noise is fine and expected. Just hope that low voulme radio or mild toned magnaflow exhaust will drown it out under normal throttle conditions.

How is the feel? 30% throw reduction sounds like a very large change not to be notchy. Most competitors are 20-27% (Barton 40%) though no others include complete housing replacements with their product, only support upgrades.

Torn between this setup and the Steeda's 20% reduced throw shifter with upgraded support bracket.

Thanks

2Kblacksleeper
10-24-2012, 01:15 PM
I want to say beef put one in his boss.

I'm planning on getting one after tax time.

redfirepearlgt
10-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Ordered mine yesterday after reading a great review write up on it in SVTP. The guy has tried several combiniations, even mixed several and after finding the optimum decided to give MGW a try. He stated it was great out of the box and even better 300 miles later. Until he tried the MGW setup he was partial the Barton with the Steeda support using the red bushing. I was considering Steeda, but decided to go all out. The service and info from the MGW folks is STELLER!!!!! That was the biggest selling factor of all.