PDA

View Full Version : Eaton vs P1SC; Which way to go?

SVT Supra
10-23-2012, 04:49 PM
I have a 98 Cobra I am building an engine for so that it can handle some nice boost and I want to get peoples thoughts on superchargers. I currently have a P1sc kit, but may be willing to part with it for the better looking but perhaps less powerful stock Terminator setup. I know my stock 98 heads will have to go, but would it be worth it? Any thoughts?

vypastang
10-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Kenne Bell! :D

swt99svt
10-24-2012, 09:24 PM
now that i see this, go for a 03/04 long block and do some reading on the vmp tvs!

cobraman302
10-27-2012, 11:05 AM
What are your goals with the car? Street car? Drag car? Street/strip?

The reason that's important is because they are two different animals for boost. The eaton will make better power under the lower part of the curve...and make more torque than a P1 setup. Is the P1 a P1-SC-2? They have different P1 kits that have different efficiencies. What are your hp goal numbers? If your goal is 450-500 rwhp and you want a little street/strip terror then I'd stock with the pro charger and upgrade to a d1sc headunit later if you want/need more power.

Tough question to answer, all depends on your goals and wants/needs. Personally, I am 150% a roots/twin screw blower guy. Instant power, high torque, easier pully changes, they aren't in the way of your entire belt drive system, but it will be much more work for you to do the conversion on a 98 than it may be worth.

JIMS SVT
10-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Id just throw the p1sc on it. No need to change heads or anything

2-Tone
11-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Depends on your goals for the car and how you want to use it. I have a 97 cobra with a novi 2k and it is a beast on the street. It doesn't have the midrange power and torque of the eaton, KB, or whipple but it pulls hard. Very linear predictable power.