PDA

View Full Version : Owners of car trailers BEWARE!!

bestracing
11-20-2012, 01:58 PM
This really sucks!!

Police say an organized theft ring is at work. Trailers are disappearing, then showing up for sale on the internet.

Three of them turned up at the same place off Kellogg Avenue, but they're all empty. In a story you'll only see on Local 12 News, Deborah Dixon shows us why the Iron Horseman Motorcycle club has come up in this investigation.

Drag racing is what the Voges family of Fort Wright did together. This year, Olivia Voges was going to race the family dragster-the one her parents worked two jobs to fix up. "My mom and dad struggled, finally saved money so I could race. He just put $3000 in it so I could race. It's a lot."

The dragster was inside a 28 foot long trailer along with everything else the family took to the track such as a generator, compressor, TV and stove. The trailer and everything inside was stolen in the night from a garage, "I could never own this again, I worked my whole life. If its gone, I can't recover or have someone help. It's something I'll never have again."

Doug's trailer was found with another trailer after they turned up for sale on the internet. They were sitting off Kellogg Avenue. Doug's was on the Iron Horseman Clubhouse property off Eldorado. Someone at the club told Dixon on Monday that no one knows anything about the trailer. Police were told the same thing. Captain Paul Broxterman of the Cincinnati Police says, " The Iron Horseman is a tight group. I think its ironic they had no knowledge of the trailer being on the property."

Broxterman called the operation "a well organized theft ring."

A golf cart was stolen from the California Golf Course a couple of blocks from where the trailer was found. Detectives believe it was used to remove items from the trailer.

The dragster did not go up for sale on the internet. Perhaps it's at a scrapyard. The Voges family hopes not. They worked too hard for it to end up there.

There is a reward for information about where the dragster could be. Call Crimestoppers at 352-3040. Remember, callers are identified by code numbers, not names

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Stolen-Trailers-Show-Up-On-Kellogg-Avenue/DhdgLEKpcU2eB3xXnEZL9Q.cspx

Pops Fun
11-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I hate thieves !!

BuckeyeAlex
11-20-2012, 04:31 PM
That's terrible. When thieves are caught, the victim should be given 10 minutes alone with the thief handcuffed. I would only need maybe 5!

coleary1992
11-20-2012, 04:57 PM
27 cents is all it takes...I think that's the average cost of a .45 round.

Katmandu
11-20-2012, 07:02 PM
This is actually pretty common at large car shows/meets.

There was a bunch of Buick Grand Nationals stolen from a car show earlier this year or late last year. It was a local event IIRC.

MustangChuck
11-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Any way to secure a trailer aside from leaving it hitched and/or with padlocks?

Katmandu
11-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Any way to secure a trailer aside from leaving it hitched and/or with padlocks?Yup. Sleep inside it and when it starts to move, jump out with a 12 gauge pump shotgun and see what happens! :lol:

inferno50
11-20-2012, 11:51 PM
They sell heavy duty tongue locks. I know you can still cut them off but it might be a good shot. most thrives are lazy low rent dicks. who won't work that hard. chain the wheels together also. I know a bunch of people in eastgate who have had their trailers stolen. one from line x and another from eastgate Harley. A torch was clearly. used on both

Mista Bone
11-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Down near Jacks on Kellogg?

Sounds familiar to me.

bestracing
11-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Any way to secure a trailer aside from leaving it hitched and/or with padlocks?

My parents just bought a trailer that has an alarm system on it and it has paging capabilities as well. If it goes off it also locks the wheel brakes somehow. Bad part about it is that it all runs off of car batteries that are in the trailer. Once they are dead, no alarm.

I also remember seeing some kind of wheel lock for trailers advertised as well. It was for multi-axle trailers and it locked two wheels together on one side.

mustang8998
11-22-2012, 07:59 AM
My parents just bought a trailer that has an alarm system on it and it has paging capabilities as well. If it goes off it also locks the wheel brakes somehow. Bad part about it is that it all runs off of car batteries that are in the trailer. Once they are dead, no alarm.

I also remember seeing some kind of wheel lock for trailers advertised as well. It was for multi-axle trailers and it locked two wheels together on one side.

There is a system that uses solar power, but is pretty pricey. I guess it is worth it, considering the investment you have in the car, trailer and tools, etc...

Those wheel locks are similar to wheel "boots" used by police departments.

Rustanggt98
11-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Thieves tried to steal one from my dad over in Amelia. Luckily, somehow, he found it posted for sale online BEFORE they stole it. The police department set up a "showing" to look at it and they arrested 4 guys. I hate thieves.......:chicken:

DeckerEnt
11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Seems like a huge chain around the wheels and axle with a huge padlock of some sort would do the trick... The story said the trailer was in a garage...That takes some balls.

HawksWR37
11-26-2012, 03:29 PM
27 cents is all it takes...I think that's the average cost of a .45 round.

x2 one thing i hate most, theives