PDA

View Full Version : heavy steering

sean
11-23-2012, 05:31 PM
What would cause a car to feel heavy on steering? Not real nimble.. I am guessing tire size is a big culprit among other things. I am talking about the corvette I have. No odd noises or any issues at all in the front end. Just doesnt have the feel in the corners I would think it would have. rear tires are 275-40-18 firestone firehawk wide oval indy 500 tires. Front tires are 245-45-17 firestone firehawk SZ50EP. Handles good and I have no traction issues. Just doesnt give you that riding on rails feel I have felt in some other c5's. Just curious what any of your thoughts are. The wheel just feels heavy when you turn if that makes any sense to you. Also have factory chrome corvette wheels on it to.

Goober
11-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Tire pressure up to snuff? It has gotten a lot colder, I just had to add pressure all around in the wife's rig.

sean
11-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Tire pressure up to snuff? It has gotten a lot colder, I just had to add pressure all around in the wife's rig.

that makes sense too. It looks good but looks can be deceiving. Ill check that tomorrow.