PDA

View Full Version : be careful with moto metal wheels

rollingthunder
11-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Might want to think again before buying moto metal wheels. I bought them about a year ago and when I got new tires on the truck I had one that started bleeding off air. took the truck to a tire shop to see if I ran over anything and they said the wheel had a whole in it. I just thought no big deal. most likely the tire shop machine broke it was my thinking. Anyways I called 4wheelparts.com and talked to the warranty dept. and they said no problem. send it back and we will send you a new one. cool right! then the guy goes on to say oh by the way if you want to get 4 different wheels and send all 4 of them back we will refund your entire original purchase price. I then asked what he was trying to tell me...he said just an option we offer...cause you WILL be sending them all back over time. Apparently moto metal has some issues. apparently I was really lucky, he said some of the wheels are breaking the entire center out of the wheel. Anyways here is a pic of my truck with the new wheels and tires and a set of fender flares. Just thought I would share. The new wheels are Pro comps...along with pro comp tires.

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae312/rollingthunder99/1115120845.jpg

WCKDGT
11-25-2012, 01:27 PM
yea, ive always thought moto metal wheels looked really cheap anyways IMO. but im glad they took care of everything for you

lost cause
11-26-2012, 11:11 AM
My brothers powerstroke had moto metals on it for 8 years, and when he bought them they were far from cheap (around $3000 with 38" tires). I got hit in the truck, and the truck was forced into a roll over, snapping the front suspension, and the wheels held up perfectly. I'd say its a problem with their newer wheels, lol.

BuckeyeAlex
11-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Wonder why they even bother selling them if they expect to replace every one they sell.

mustangjon
11-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Ive sold them for 6 years never had one issue othee than fake chrome coming off plastic center caps. Id have to see wheel but issues news to me

juiced8850
11-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Same here. I've sold and installed for 11 years, other than the occasional bad balance (untrue bore), I have been pleased with their products.