PDA

View Full Version : Point Blank

Goldenpony
11-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Has anybody been to the new Point Blank indoor shooting range in Blue Ash?
I hear it's much nicer than Target World. They advertise 4 rifle lanes for up to .308 caliber rifles. I have been looking for some place I can shoot my 30-30. Let me know what you think of the place. :)

jktruckin06
11-28-2012, 11:57 PM
looks nice... i thought target world was expensive though

4 dollars more on the pistol range fees plus 5 bucks for a second shooter... whew

Kevin1989
11-29-2012, 08:43 AM
I was there last weekend with my dad, it is nice as heck! Inside is super clean, the owner has been at the door to greet you, the selection of guns is pretty damn amazing. Now to the good stuff the range is nice there is 2 seperate ranges. Both have 10 lanes, the one on the left has the 4 rifle lanes and the better pulley system for your target. It's digital and tells you the distance. Talked to the owner he was talking about doing it throughout the range though. The harmonics inside are awesome, unlike targetworld where a shot will echo. They are very flat and don't hurt your ears, even my AR15 with a big crazy compensator is somewhat bare able inside there. Deff go check it out its really nice and I think worth the little bit extra if you don't wanna be in a shit hole. Sorry if alot of that is a run on sentence I'm half awake at work on my phone :)

cstreu1026
11-29-2012, 09:28 AM
looks nice... i thought target world was expensive though

4 dollars more on the pistol range fees plus 5 bucks for a second shooter... whew

An extra $5-10 is worth it to me for better and safer experience.

aperacer
11-29-2012, 09:39 AM
I have not but my fater has been. He said something about not ever going back to Target World. Plus only 5 min from the house. He said it was a very nice and clean range.

5.0calypso93lx
11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
An extra $5-10 is worth it to me for better and safer experience.

x2. The biggest thing for me is the selection of rentals they have to shoot. Kimbers, HK's, and even have an M1A.

jktruckin06
11-29-2012, 11:45 AM
nicer ok, but safer? any retard can go into either place and rent a gun with no prior experience.

aperacer
11-29-2012, 11:46 AM
They have a safety class you have to go through before you can use the range. And for that matter you dont have to be at the range to be shot.

jktruckin06
11-29-2012, 01:45 PM
wow. well that would keep some of the goofy thugs from just coming in and shooting. part of the fun at target world is people watching

cstreu1026
11-29-2012, 04:26 PM
As I understang it they actually have a range safety officer on duty...on the range instead of a cashier behind a window with his back to the range like that last time I was at Target World.

5.0calypso93lx
11-29-2012, 04:47 PM
As I understang it they actually have a range safety officer on duty...on the range instead of a cashier behind a window with his back to the range like that last time I was at Target World.

They have a range officer in the ranges at all times.

Black92LX
11-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Haven't been yet, but believe the owner has some former association with Target World.

thecollector
11-30-2012, 06:25 PM
I was @ target world shooting last night and the cashier came on the range and yelled at a few people for breaking rules. Ill have to try the new place it sounds good.

inferno50
11-30-2012, 07:53 PM
Super nice. my brother in. law wired the place and I'm getting with the owner to fab up new target holders to replace the cardboard ones.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
11-30-2012, 11:40 PM
After reading this thread yesterday I had to go check this place out and try out my new 1911. All I can say is wow! Extremely nice facility, nice selection of rentals, safe, clean, professional staff, and the customer service is TOP NOTCH. Todd the GM even tweaked the trigger spring on the new piece and adamantly refused to take any sort of tip or payment. He simply stated that my thank you was plenty of payment. (If you want a badass trigger job on a Glock this guy is unreal!) IMHO the prices are fair for the service and safety provided. I have no doubt that they would give the boot to anyone being stupid. If you have not been there yet is worth a visit for sure :bigthumb

Black92LX
12-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Dropped by this morning and sent about 700 rounds down range.
Enjoyed the facility. It's clean the people were friendly and the range officers did their jobs, but weren't crazy overbearing or rude.

Folks working the counter had a little trouble keeping the different groups that arrived at the same time straight and were really slow at getting folks on the lane.
But no big deal really.
For being such a new facility they had a really nice selection of firearms and accessories. Their prices were decent for the most part, better can be had with some digging, though some were outrageous, $180 for a stripped Spikes lower receiver!!

Pops Fun
12-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi
I've been 3 times now and getting on to a range is a hassle.... No order and it takes forever.... Have to give license every time...
Only saw range officer once to tell someone there time was up!! Not on the range other than that.

Still nicer than target world.... but pricey. Love the dividers between shooters... no stray shells coming over.

If it takes people from Target World might go back there... There are unsafe people everywhere....

Probably go back today discount time at lunch

5.0calypso93lx
01-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Has anyone been there recently and rented anything? I'm trying to find out if they have any compacts to rent. Really thinking about the XD-S .45.

Walter
01-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Just call them.

Walter
01-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Or better yet just go buy it. Not like u will shoot a compact often, let alone .45acp at 19bux a box. How often do you shoot now?

5.0calypso93lx
01-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Just call them.

Tried that, first thing the lady on the recording says is that they're probably not going to answer the phones because of how busy they've been.

5.0calypso93lx
01-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Or better yet just go buy it. Not like u will shoot a compact often, let alone .45acp at 19bux a box. How often do you shoot now?

I go once every two weeks right now.

Steves LX
01-29-2013, 10:47 AM
I will never go back to target world other than to shop. I was in there the other day and witnessed some douchebag shooting the ceiling with a shotgun. He was hip firing it and had absolutely no control. When approached he swept the worker with it and then laughed. Guy was an an absolute piece of work.