PDA

View Full Version : thinking about trading Wasabi...

redfirepearlgt
11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Thinking about trading Wasabi in on this 2007 GT500 vert. Right now its a pipe dream. I really hate to risk screwing up a warranty on such a nice vehicle as Wasabi after buying it brand new.

Anyway, this is the car and while it is a lead sled vert, there is a package already available for the 07-12 5.4L's that swaps out the existing blower for the new SVT blower thats coming on the 2013. This setup creates 14psi from a 2.3L setup and is rated at 750 flywheel. It is about 2500-3000 cheaper than a 575 HP Roush setup and 1500-2000 cheaper than a 650 HP Vortech package.

Of course condition of the 07 will way in heavily. If its been a DD and used for hauling groceries and winter snow driven forget it.

BTW the white side stripes will be the first thing to go IF I make the trade.

Guess I am on the fence on final decision should they meet my price on mine.

Whats the consensus??? Oh and it has a TREMEC tranny...YAY!!!!!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=45236&endYear=2009&keywordPhrases=gt500&photosOnly=true&engineCode=8CLDR&sellerType=d&sellerTypes=d&transmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&pricesOnly=true&mmt=%5BFORD%5BMUST%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=MUST&showcaseOwnerId=1060076&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2007&engineCodes=8CLDR&searchRadius=50&bodyStyleCodes=CONVERT%2CCOUPE&listingId=335030214&Log=0

rtvickers
11-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Oh man thats a tough call. Im a sucker for GT500's but Wasabi is royalty in its own sense.

mad max
11-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Im glad im not in your shoes on that decision . I love gt500s but your car is beautiful chad . Good luck in whatever you decide . I would think long and hard about it.

adragon72
11-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Don't do it verts suck!!!

rtvickers
11-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Is this the car that you want or is it the cheapest and closetest thing?

Stangman
11-30-2012, 09:03 PM
GT500 vert? Eww.

CNTLOSE
11-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Nothing wrong with going blown and topless!

....but a tough call.

90fastgt
11-30-2012, 09:26 PM
I dont think i could do it but im not a huge vert fan either good luck on whatever you decide

331lx
11-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Nice car, but find o.e that aint a vert

Walter
11-30-2012, 09:49 PM
keep the wasabi!!!!

sean
11-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Very nice car chad but after owning so many cars and working at a car lot for 20 plus years I can say without a doubt the 2011 and up mustang 5.0 is the nicest mustang I have owned or driven. Its not the nicest car out there but for a mustang this is it. If I couldnt have both I would be patient and when your warranty is close to being up I would have all the money I was saving while I was waiting for the warranty to expire ready and dump it all into the 5.0 and have a great performing car. I think you should hold off and put that into what you have. But what the hell do I know.

leroy93lx
11-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Here are a couple. I would spend more and get a 2012 or 2013 GT500. Be essentially like buying the 07 and modding it. Same $40,000 at the end of the day

http://integrityford.net/ft-wayne-ind/For-Sale/Used/

cstreu1026
11-30-2012, 11:11 PM
I wouldn't do it.

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Is this the car that you want or is it the cheapest and closetest thing?

I've kinda had a weakness for convertibles. Must be that 7 years I spent in California. It is the best price one around and to top it off a vert as well. I do like the GT500. IT has strong internals A TREMEC Six speed. 26 spline input shaft, and can make a lot more power for less money invested than Wasabi.

http://www.brenspeed.com/brenshelby750hp.html

Very nice car chad but after owning so many cars and working at a car lot for 20 plus years I can say without a doubt the 2011 and up mustang 5.0 is the nicest mustang I have owned or driven. Its not the nicest car out there but for a mustang this is it. If I couldnt have both I would be patient and when your warranty is close to being up I would have all the money I was saving while I was waiting for the warranty to expire ready and dump it all into the 5.0 and have a great performing car. I think you should hold off and put that into what you have. But what the hell do I know.

Thanks Sean. I was thinknig of you and Terry when I posted this. Was afraid i was starting down that primrose path...LOL! I do like the GT500. 07-09. Always have. Also like the Cobra SVT but no one wishes to ask a fair price on them these days. Plus after driving an S197, climbing into an edge body is close quarters. I love the edge don't get me wrong, but it does lack head room.

Will have to see. Thank you everyone for hte feedback. Oh and vert haters, at least its not a vette convertible!!! LOL! That one's for you Sean! :D

Stangman
12-01-2012, 12:27 AM
I WAS gonna say......... might as well get a vette but chose not to lol

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 01:03 AM
I WAS gonna say......... might as well get a vette but chose not to lol

okay, I just picked my pancreas up off the floor from laughing. Thanks Jess.

BuckeyeAlex
12-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Tough call. By the time you get bent over on trade-in and then pay the difference, you can just buy a blower for what you have and make more power with a car that's 6 years newer and a newer generation, for less money. To make the big numbers that your goal would be with the GT500 will involve more effort and money, and the GT500 will hold its value better.

I think I'd just keep what you have.

Stangman
12-01-2012, 01:12 AM
okay, I just picked my pancreas up off the floor from laughing. Thanks Jess.

I don't wanna know where ya keep that thing :lol:

Oh, and..... 5 second rule?

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 01:53 AM
I don't wanna know where ya keep that thing :lol:

Oh, and..... 5 second rule?

You got it! Brush the dirt off and shove back in there! :lol:

Blkcobra01
12-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Man that's a tough call I like wasabi it's a very nice car but u also love GT500's I think I would rather have a coupe. I know you have already heard this but I would just wonder about handling of a vert. I do not like when u see the top up in the highway and that buldge in the roof of them. I'm sure it would be fun but in Oh I doubt you would have the top down as much as Ca. For some reason I didn't mind the terminator conv but the S-197 Conv never cared for the look. GL with whatever you decide there still both very nice cars.

sean
12-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Lol... Shut up. I love all the looks i get from old ladies while cruising in my vette. I also love convertibles. You actually get a lot of top weather in Ohio.

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Sent a few photos over to the guy today. Will see what he says. Suspect he won't be any different than 98% of the others I have tried to deal with on makng a trade. All want to sell for five prices and give 50% trade value for the one coming in.

Also never factored the way the roofs bubble up like Black01 mentioned. Like I said its just a thought right now. Thanks guys.

rtvickers
12-01-2012, 10:18 AM
If you were interested in a coupe or a different color, I found some a few grand more on autotrader.com. You may have to travel a few hours.

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 11:16 AM
If you were interested in a coupe or a different color, I found some a few grand more on autotrader.com. You may have to travel a few hours.

Appreciate it Tommy. But I have likely tried dealing with several of those on autorader that are being "reasonable" with their asking price. Most though think they have a gold mine sitting there which is why there are more and more GT500's sitting these days after the release of the 2013 GT500. I won't even consider contacting them. The approach always seems to be to use KBB for retail asking price then pull out Edmunds to quote for trade values. There's always an angle why your trade isn't worth NADA market trade (not market retail) value with 98%.

I'll likely go look at this one and it will be beat to crap. WE'll see. If not...there is always next year. :)

Stangman
12-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Personally I wouldn't want a Shelby without stripes. That's like going to a circus to look at stripeless zebras, tall midgets, and short necked giraffes...

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Personally I wouldn't want a Shelby without stripes. That's like going to a circus to look at stripeless zebras, tall midgets, and short necked giraffes...

Man you are killing me. I just belched up my larnyx! LOL!

331lx
12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
http://whitewatermotors.com/used-inventory/2008-Ford-Mustang

Here ya go, buy this...

Stangman
12-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Man you are killing me. I just belched up my larnyx! LOL!

That sounds a bit painful. You oughta look into gettin some of them parts permanently attached! You might be takin a whiz one day and it just pops off and starts floatin in the toilet

SN95N/A
12-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I thot you had to have it green?

90fastgt
12-01-2012, 02:37 PM

Here ya go, buy this...

Whitewater motors is a good lot to deal with gives good prices on trades to lol

Yellow98Cobra
12-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Keep the 5.0.

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Whitewater motors is a good lot to deal with gives good prices on trades to lol

No comment. My parents attend church with the owner. They like and trust him. I gave them my opinion after trying to deal with him. He told me he did not deal in "exotics" like mine (redfirepearl at the time). Said higher priced cars like this though worth my asking price were hard to move and his business was based on volume not price. But yet invests in this GT500 a month later. It's been there for over 7 months now I believe.

mad max
12-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I agree with you on the trade thing chad , I know the dealership has to make money but 4-5 k a car is a little steep. Thats why we are trying to sell my mom's silverado instead of trading it in . 2500-3000 is alot of money in todays economy .

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 06:45 PM

Here ya go, buy this...

This is a key example of what I am talking about. I mean really?????? I can buy a freaking 2013 GT500 for less money. Just to put this into reality here is the NADA book value for this car.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2008/Ford/MUSTANG-V8-5-Spd-MT-AT/Coupe-2D-Shelby-GT500/Values

Come on, as indicated $33,300.00 is the price on this 2008 with 67 miles on it. Seems every GT500 with less than 10K is priced like this. All I can say to dealers across america...good luck and enjoy rust bucket 07+ GT500's sitting on your lots for years to come at these stupid freaking prices.

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I agree with you on the trade thing chad , I know the dealership has to make money but 4-5 k a car is a little steep. Thats why we are trying to sell my mom's silverado instead of trading it in . 2500-3000 is alot of money in todays economy .

Can't blame you. Trying to get an honest trade value these days is next to impossible. Beechmont was fair on their trade value they gave me for Redfirepearl I can say that with no doubt. I would have asked little more than I got had I sold it outright. As for any other dealer I have talked to prior to or since, they all act as if their vehicle on the lot is the HOPE DIAMOND and my trade is a TIN CAN. Good luck.

90fastgt
12-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Yeah that price is ridiculous you could build your car pretty nasty an still have less in it than that

Gearhead
12-01-2012, 07:26 PM
This is a key example of what I am talking about. I mean really?????? I can buy a freaking 2013 GT500 for less money. Just to put this into reality here is the NADA book value for this car.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2008/Ford/MUSTANG-V8-5-Spd-MT-AT/Coupe-2D-Shelby-GT500/Values

Come on, as indicated $33,300.00 is the price on this 2008 with 67 miles on it. Seems every GT500 with less than 10K is priced like this. All I can say to dealers across america...good luck and enjoy rust bucket 07+ GT500's sitting on your lots for years to come at these stupid freaking prices.

That car at Whitewater is a KR, with very limited production. Sticker price when new was around 70-75K I think...
No way in hell is it worth as much as he is asking though !! He doesn't keep it at the dealer, it's in a climate controlled building from what I understand. He's had it for a couple years I believe.
The KR's have a pretty good following on some of the Shelby forums.
Some of them sold for ridiculous prices (ADMs) when they were new.

If you truly want a convertible GT500, I'd look for a 2010-2012 model, unless you are dead set on the 07-09 body style. The convertibles usually sell for a lot less than the coupes.

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM
That car at Whitewater is a KR, with very limited production. Sticker price when new was around 70-75K I think...
No way in hell is it worth as much as he is asking though !! He doesn't keep it at the dealer, it's in a climate controlled building from what I understand. He's had it for a couple years I believe.
The KR's have a pretty good following on some of the Shelby forums.
Some of them sold for ridiculous prices (ADMs) when they were new.

If you truly want a convertible GT500, I'd look for a 2010-2012 model, unless you are dead set on the 07-09 body style. The convertibles usually sell for a lot less than the coupes.

Doesn't have to be a vert. This deal happened to be a color I like and was finally a price fair enough to consider talking to the guy on. I do prefer a 07-09 in the GT500.

Anyhoo - think I will crawl back into my hideehole and call it a season. If I hear from the guy with this car I will give it a good lookover. Thanks for all of the input and thanks Jess for making my weekend with the jokes.

On a side note and I am highjacking my own thread (hope thats okay:rolleyes:)---

I think we should consider getting together some this winter and hanging out. Pick a place like Cincy or Adams new place and just show up to hang out and shoot the crap some Saturday if they are open. Leave the wives at home so we can complain about them and leave the cars in the garage where they are safe. Bring a beer or sandwich ...do it BYOB, BYOF and just have a manday somewhere so we can dreamabout 2013, eat, fart, belch, and tell tells about the days of yore...

331lx
12-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I have bought several cars there, there only one guy I can deal with there all others r jerks, and the price is steep on it just thought it was cool...

redfirepearlgt
12-01-2012, 09:56 PM
I have bought several cars there, there only one guy I can deal with there all others r jerks, and the price is steep on it just thought it was cool...

No doubt a very nice looking car over, over, over, inflated pricing aside.

9cobra4
12-01-2012, 11:10 PM
I love love LOVE the 10-12 GT500's. I'd love to see you get one and mod it to your taste, since we have the same exact taste in what looks good and what's too far. Just judging by your previous vehicles/mod choices.