PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Wild Wings

duststang
01-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Has anyone seen the large sign on the front door of Buffalo Wild Wings? "Buffalo Wild Wings inc. BANS GUNS ON THESE PREMISES!

This is redicious but didnt anyone tell them that they need to have the symbol. (i cant read not sure what that say's) haha. I think if a company prevents you from protecting yourself they should be liable for your protection.

cstreu1026
01-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Either way the best way to tell them your opinion is to take your business elsewhere.

mustang_gt88
01-22-2013, 03:21 PM
I love B dubs but will not be eating there no more

dedpedal
01-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Ill not do bussiness there again.

SN95N/A
01-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Whats the problem with the sign lol..and no im not against guns but that is there building lol.

Goldenpony
01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Whats the problem with the sign lol..and no im not against guns but that is there building lol.

Yea, it's their building, but I don't have to spend my money there. There are other places I can get wings & beer. Quaker Steak & Lube comes to mind.

sean
01-22-2013, 04:16 PM
I've was told by a few places it an insurance thing.

facemelter71
01-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Its not a legit sign that can be posted. And it most certainly has to be posted in PLAIN sight. Not half asses clear sticky shit.

I would have no problems carrying in there. The sign must have the correct wording,or its pretty much a useless sticker.

And once they put that sign up,they ARE LIABLE for what happen's to you. If this there isnt a sign and you end up drawing your weapon and disspatching some D-bag wanting to hold you up at gunpoint while your pinching a loaf off in the toilet,Only you are liable.

slow86fiveoh
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
I am not against carrying a firearm either but I don't see what the big deal is with somewhere not allowing them on their premises, I don't know why u need to carry a gun to eat dinner.

1baddlx
01-22-2013, 06:34 PM
I am not against carrying a firearm either but I don't see what the big deal is with somewhere not allowing them on their premises, I don't know why u need to carry a gun to eat dinner.

Id rather carry a maglite since the court of adams county says im not allowed to carry a concealed weapon...all because my wifes ex husband is afraid im going to beat him up...lol

Rick93coupe
01-22-2013, 06:41 PM
:cool2:

Nobody has ever been robbed in a restaurant?

MWoods26
01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
:cool2:

Nobody has ever been robbed in a restaurant?

They sure have! Its a good thing that Vincint and Jewles dont care about a sign that says no guns allowed or Jewles might have never got his wallet that says bad mother fucker back!:lol:

mustang_gt88
01-22-2013, 06:49 PM
I have read that it is an insurance thing, i think i could still eat b dubs, i guess it takes liability over them and on to carrier

1baddlx
01-22-2013, 07:02 PM
If McDonalds decides to post the same sign then some of these mcrib eating fellas will starve from not eating mcribs....

SN95N/A
01-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Its never really crossed my mind to pack a gun into a place while im eating wings..I delivered fuel today down at 8th and padretti not a great neck of woods and I could get robbed there but they wont let me pack a gun there so I guess I cant run it anymore.I think you all over think stuff lol.

slow86fiveoh
01-22-2013, 07:41 PM
The only way I have been robbed in a resteraunt is when the waitress brought me the bill! lol

AntiRice427
01-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Keep in mind that Buffalo Wild Wings is a franchise and that they don't all have the same policies. I just got home from a bdubs up here in Dayton and they didn't have a sign posted.

Goldenpony
01-22-2013, 07:54 PM
If McDonalds decides to post the same sign then some of these mcrib eating fellas will starve from not eating mcribs....

We'll get our McRibs at the drive through window.

draggin50
01-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Ill protect me and my family wherever I go. Easy as that... Concealed carry is just that. They never know who is carrying.

Kevin1989
01-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Ill protect me and my family wherever I go. Easy as that... Concealed carry is just that. They never know who is carrying.

Bingo!!!! If they know you have it your not concealed very well. No where on this sign does it say law prohibits it. Soooo I'm by no means saying do this but the one in mason says the same thing and I've never gave a shit. :) the most they could do I believe is throw you out. And if they did that heyyy free meal!

Stangman
01-22-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't carry, id like to, but I don't think id be able to swear off bdubs wings because of a sign.

DSSKing68
01-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Remember, the theater shooter picked the theater he killed people based on a no guns on the property sign....just sayin

Pitbull1052
01-23-2013, 03:05 PM
I've been doing some reading on this and am conflicted by the answers I've found does anyone know for sure if you did CC in a posted non CC area such as the theater and something like that happened if you took him down what would happen to you? Charges etc all I keep reading is how no one would convict you but nothing from a legal source

draggin50
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Remember, the theater shooter picked the theater he killed people based on a no guns on the property sign....just sayin

Thats where most of these whack jobs go. They prey on the unarmed. Schools, churches, movie theaters, and restuarants. I know of a few local churches that allow you to carry and I bet they never show up to one of these trying to hurt people!!!

coleary1992
01-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Hey sn95 I work the next block down and we have a sign posted on our front door saying this business is protected by fire arms. Oir secretary has a .45 in her cash drawer, a 12g next to the wall and ive yet to find my bosses other guns in our shop. Probably in the lock box on hos tool box lol

Thats not the bad part of town. draw a triangle from the beginning of state street, to the top of queen city ave, back down to the end of montana. Avoid those parts.

lxenvy
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM

Exactly. If its not a goverment building then my gun goes with me. All they can do is ask u to leave. It is not against the law to carry where there is a sign that says u can't. And my job says I can not carry on the job. Again I carry everyday.

Mista Bone
01-24-2013, 12:56 AM
it is against ohio law if the proper signage is used.

Forbidden Carry Zones:

Any law enforcement station or detention facility
Courthouse or building housing a courtroom
Govt. building (dedicated restroom, shelter, car park okay)
Place of worship (unless specifically allowed)
Any airplane and most airport buildings
Institution for the care of mentally ill persons
School zone (drop off/pick up okay if you stay in car), college or university (lock and leave in car okay)
Child day-care center
Liquor facility (okay if not drinking and not posted “no guns”)
Wherever federal law prohibits the carrying of handguns
Any building or property posted as a "no gun zone"

Mista Bone
01-24-2013, 01:03 AM
Signage
The law does not say precisely what language must be on the sign. At a minimum, signs must be conspicuous and inform people that frearms and/or concealed handguns are prohibited. However, the law suggests that the prohibited locations post a sign that substantially says the following:
Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person’s control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly handgun or dangerous ordnance onto these premises.
An example of a standard warning sign approved for use on state buildings appears below. If you see this sign, it means that you cannot bring your concealed handgun inside. Businesses and persons wishing to post such signs are strongly advised to consult their legal counsel for language, style, format and placement.

http://www.2atrainingsupply.com/images/Gun_Free_Zone_Sign.jpg

http://www.2atrainingsupply.com/no%20gun%20zone.htm

302coupe
01-24-2013, 03:24 AM
i myself avoid UDF at all cost because of this issue.

duststang
01-24-2013, 08:30 AM
they can ask you to leave and if you refuse it is only a tresspassing charge not a felony

mustang8998
01-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Does it have something to do with the law concerning liquor sales?

04 Venom
01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Bottom line--it's their property. They can do what they want and as others have said, you have the option of not patronizing their establishment. Get over it.

SN95N/A
01-24-2013, 10:15 AM
^well said lol

mustang8998
01-24-2013, 06:42 PM
I just don't get the paranoia.

slow86fiveoh
01-24-2013, 06:53 PM
^^^thats what I'm saying if u think u have to have a gun everywhere u go then maybe u should stay home. There is probably more of a chance u will have a car accident getting where u are going rather than being robbed or involved in a shooting so are u gonna quit driving?

Steves LX
01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
^^^thats what I'm saying if u think u have to have a gun everywhere u go then maybe u should stay home. There is probably more of a chance u will have a car accident getting where u are going rather than being robbed or involved in a shooting so are u gonna quit driving?

I agree with you on some of this matter. However its kinda like that receipt or car part or that box you have held onto for so long and then you threw it away. Only to need it back a few weeks later or what have you. Chances are you will never need your gun. But its better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. The day you just might need it is the day you left it at home and then what. You cant bring back time!!!!

mustang8998
01-24-2013, 08:57 PM

Amen!

:bigthumb

lxenvy
01-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Bottom line--it's their property. They can do what they want and as others have said, you have the option of not patronizing their establishment. Get over it.

Yup and I hope every single one of them get robbed:bigthumb Just saying. If u go into somewhere with the intentions of robbing them and they have this sign and u have a gun. Guess who is the higher one in the totem pole?? On a side note, Who really needs a magazine with more the 10 rounds???:dunno:

But its better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. The day you just might need it is the day you left it at home and then what. You cant bring back time!!!!

:bigthumb..........

Steves LX
01-25-2013, 12:23 AM
These shitbags prey on the easy targets whether that be on the street or in a place of business. Look at the dirtbag that went to the mall and shot that up and the movie theater. Who would've ever thought that would've happened. Both places in decent parts of town. So to sit here and say why would you go to a restaurant with your pistol in your pants is nonsence. I mean hell the majority of LEO's never have to use their service weapon during their career either. So I guess they should just leave that behind as well cause unless they are in a bad part of town they wont need it. You have to think like these shitbags to stay ahead of them. People that make comments like the whole restaurant thing and why would you carry in there are the ones that usually have their guard down. And think this would never happen here. I'm in a nice restaurant in a nice part of town and there is no guns allowed in here. So i'm safe and so is my family. Well in all honesty more than likely you are. But like said earlier. If you have it and you have license to carry it then carry it. Cause it does you no damn good if you need it and its sitting at home. Its like jacking off with a condom on. It just makes no damn sense!!!!

Steves LX
01-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Not sure what all the paranoia is...Maybe one of the 313,718 CCW holders in Ohio can answer that question. Not to get off topic but coming from the fire and ems side. Not going to mention the dept here. But back when I worked up in the city. We constantly got called out for a fire alarm at one paticular place. Everytime we went it was a false alarm. After awhile we became complacent and didn't follow what our training taught us to do. Which was pack up(turnout gear, scba, blah blah blah. We showed up like always and left our PPE(mask, air bottle etc on the truck).Well guess what we got caught with our pants down one night. Lucky we were able to get back out of the building and pack up and go back in and fight the fire. We had everything we needed. It was just 3 floors below us and in the parking lot on the truck. Didn't do us a damn bit good being out there at the time.

dedpedal
01-25-2013, 12:50 AM

The chance is greater than zero and that's enough for me. I choose to avoid places that ban guns whenever I can. I'm not comfortable leaving a loaded handgun in a locked car so it goes with me. The chance of someone stealing it and hurting an innocent is there. I don't feel responsible if I'm not in control of my gun.