PDA

View Full Version : Trail camera???

redfirepearlgt
01-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Anyone have experience using a trail camera for surveilence to catch a neighbor at something? What brand did you use? How good was it?

I need somethign HD that has at least 60ft Night vision.

I just picked up an Elites Brand "Lightsout" HD unit that has 75ft sesnor range and 60 ft IR night range witha 25-30 foot focal point. I think it will do the job fine but would like some feedback form someone that may have successful experience with this or another preferred brand. At this point price is not an issue...to a point.

Thanks.

331lx
01-26-2013, 10:53 PM
I got 6 wildgame innovations cameras, just the cheap ones bass pro has after thanksgiving, use them for hunting they work awesome

90fastgt
01-26-2013, 11:44 PM
X2 on wild game innovations for cheap ones we get great pics on them

Katmandu
01-27-2013, 02:05 AM
Anyone have experience using a trail camera for surveilence to catch a neighbor at something? What are they doing Chad ?

90fastgt
01-27-2013, 07:39 AM
Also cuddeback i beleive there about the best out there there pricey but they have alot of neat features you can even get it to send pics to your cell phone or email as there taken i beleive there in the $500 range

331lx
01-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Get infrared cameras to with no flash, deer never know they there so a thief prolly wouldn't either

redfirepearlgt
01-27-2013, 01:07 PM
What are they doing Chad ?

Neighbor up to his old tricks again.

Vet bills over $1000 and mounting. Tests did not reveal conclusivce one way or the other.

Police have been directed to give him one harsh warning to stop. Any more incidEnts by any neighbor in this joint complaint and he gets arrested and charged.

Just looking for a temp surveilence setup before I sink serious coin into a HD system this spring.

Thanks

jktruckin06
01-27-2013, 07:23 PM
could we arrange a cruise in in his front yard?

redfirepearlgt
01-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Don't think that is needed boss. Will let the locals do their job tomorrow. They are paying him a visit within the next 24. Hopefully he will realize we have him dead to rights, we (his neighbors in this joint complaint) are giving him a chance to climb back in his hole or hang himself so to speak. If it continues we won't give him a second chance.

redfirepearlgt
01-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Worked with the WILDGAMES L07 last night a bit testing it in the basement. The picture is okay. The problem with the camers is first sesnitivity. I soulc stand in front of it and move my legs and it would not repsond. Took a lot more movement than I am monitoring for to respond. There is no continous operation either. WORST, and I can't see how this would benefit a anyone using it for anything, covert or trail scouting, it has a 15 second delay between the time it senses movement and the tiem in shich it starts taking photos or video taping. There is no lower or nondelay selection. I rate this device a 2 out of 5. It retails for $169. I gave $129 for it on sale. It goes back. Was hoping for more. Will have to do more research before investing again. Just need something temp before I start putting together my HD survielence setup this spring when it warms up a bit.

DSSKing68
01-28-2013, 01:19 PM
http://www.jr.com/linksys/pe/LKS_WVC80NA/

My friend has some of these...they work awesome

redfirepearlgt
01-28-2013, 06:00 PM
I prefer something stand alone. I do not like networking or wireless configs and they do not like me LOL!!!

redfirepearlgt
01-28-2013, 06:02 PM
I am beginning the security build process. Thanks for the help. Decided to start investing now a little at a time which should have me ready to install come Spring.