PDA

View Full Version : Transbrake

lxenvy
02-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Ok, how do I run the transbrake power through the pan?? How it is now i do not like looking to fix it. How it is now is a hole with a rubber groment with a bolt through it. Looks sketchy. Im looking for something like the pic ill post. Any ideas/links would be great! Thanks

lxenvy
02-01-2013, 12:01 AM
The oil temp setup is pimp also. If this is easy stuff then im sorry! New to auto's

m347
02-01-2013, 09:46 AM
The one on my 727 trans looks a lot like the one in the picture. It is an insulated connector. Has a wire on the inside that runs to the solenoid and the wire on the outside runs to the trans brake button. I ran an extra chassis ground to the side of the trans case on the 727 trans. On my powerglide the soleniod is on the outside of the trans. It has a hot and a ground coming straight from the soleniod.

SN95N/A
02-01-2013, 09:56 AM
My renegade transbrake is different but it might be because its a different trans than yours.

lxenvy
02-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Any idea of where i can get my hands on a couple of these connectors?

m347
02-01-2013, 02:00 PM
What transmission are you using? A C4 should connect through where the modulator valve used to be. What brand of trans brake do you have? It should have instructions on how to hook it up and a part number for what you need.

lxenvy
02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Yes C4 and not to sure on the brand. Looks like PA. Ill post a pic!

lxenvy
02-01-2013, 03:18 PM

bangingears
02-01-2013, 08:02 PM
take your modulator and throw it away if its a manual valve body. You can run single wire out of hole and expoxy it shut........ or spend 10 bucks and get the adapter from PA.

lxenvy
02-01-2013, 11:28 PM
take your modulator and throw it away if its a manual valve body. You can run single wire out of hole and expoxy it shut........ or spend 10 bucks and get the adapter from PA.

Hi friend. And it is full manual. And wtf is a modulator? lol Im a total rookie to autos. And whats this adapter ur talking about. Sorry if im being difficult. Been on google for two days and still can not figure out shit. Bout to just throw it in how it sits...

And why do u say throw the modulator away? Whats the problem with it? Thanks:)

mustang8998
02-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Modulator......

http://imagehosting.rodsnsods.co.uk/47904fbd422b74676.jpg

You don't need it, with manual valve body (I think all TBs are manual). Just so you know, it may require you to hold TB button in, to use resverse.

Dirtyd0g
02-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Most kits come with a freeze plug to fill the modulator hole.
Alan

lxenvy
02-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Modulator......

http://imagehosting.rodsnsods.co.uk/47904fbd422b74676.jpg

You don't need it, with manual valve body (I think all TBs are manual). Just so you know, it may require you to hold TB button in, to use resverse.

I didnt know that! Thanks. And yes that is gone and the hole is plugged!

m347
02-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Did you find a part number on the valve body? Some are forward patern(PRN321) and some are reverse patern(PRN123). That will tell you what shifter will work as well. B&M pro stick has different plates you can change to work with about any transmission. A B&M Mega shifter will work with forward or reverse out of the box without any modifications. B&M Pro Ratchet should work the same as the Mega shifter. Sure there are many others that will work too. I just listed the ones above because I have and am still using all of them. The Mega Shifter is a good idea if you start with a forward patern but plan to change to a reverse in the future.

lxenvy
02-02-2013, 03:33 PM
No part number. Its a reverese pattern from what I was told. Think I'm goin to run a quater stick with a holcomb plate.

bbfstanger
02-02-2013, 06:41 PM
id use a quarter stick or a b&m prostick which is theyre copy of the qs.
thats not a very quick releasing valvebody,ive seen it cause shift timing issues,burnt clutches and band.
it is reverse pattern.
not trying to put your stuff down,just speaking from experience.

lxenvy
02-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Is there any kind of adjustment i can do? Y is there a noid and a pressure switch? Or what im assuming is a pressure switch??

m347
02-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Is there any kind of adjustment i can do? Y is there a noid and a pressure switch? Or what im assuming is a pressure switch??

I would like to know this too incase I go with a brake in my c4.
Is it a problem with that valve body and if so what is the best trans brake valve body to use?

bbfstanger
02-05-2013, 01:56 PM
one of the best c4 brakes is tranz king in texas its a pro tree fast release .the old art carr stuff was good when he still owned many years ago. he's still in business in california under a diff name like california perf transmission or something like that.
there are no adjustements to it,the solenoid on that valve body releases the fluid,most use a external solenoid that moves a valve instead.
broader has a good brake too,im sure others are ok too if you dont plan on ever running on a pro tree.

bangingears
02-05-2013, 08:48 PM
I would like to know this too incase I go with a brake in my c4.
Is it a problem with that valve body and if so what is the best trans brake valve body to use?

stay away from anything with an internal solenoid, go with a quality designed external solenoid valve body, joel on joy, dynamic, and lupo just to name a few

m347
02-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the replies. I mostly run no box and do not want a pro tree brake. Drove a friend of mines car with a pro tree brake and could not stay green. If the pro tree brakes are the best as far as transmission life I could use an adjustable trans brake button.

m347
02-12-2013, 08:36 PM
How is your transmission coming? Did you get the trans brake put in yet?

lxenvy
02-13-2013, 09:26 AM
How is your transmission coming? Did you get the trans brake put in yet?

I just got it all in yesterday (in the car) Working out side sucks. But looking to put some fluid in it this weekend and bust its azz! Still have to do my exhaust, brakes and k member:bigthumb