PDA

View Full Version : Fn PATS Killed My Car

devous1
02-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Let me see if anyone here can help before I have to pay a tow. The 03 DSG with 4600miles that I just bought has the PATS activated. I've been cleaning my garage and came across one of my old Livewires. So I decided to quickly program my daughters car (drop rev limit and speed). Well I finish programming it and the damn thing won't start. I tried putting it back to stock and that didn't help.

The theft light stays on with the key on or off. I disconnected the battery overnight, nothing. I cant get it to clear I think the code is like P1260. I did a little research and there were a few forums where people had issues with after market alarms with remote starts. The previous owner did install a remote start (why with 4600 mi).

I went to the local dealer and the said the car had to be onsite to program a new key which means a tow.

One odd thing I did notice, the last time I tried to start it. I gave up, turned the car off removed the key and got out. The interior lights never went out, nor did the dash lights. I got back into the car tried to get them to turn off and couldn't. Eventually I pushed the brake pedal and they went out?

Any one have a quick fix so I at least don't have to pay for a tow.

Goober
02-22-2013, 10:48 PM
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/1999-2003-7-3l-power-stroke-diesel/2346-no-start-after-programming-ford-pats-reset.html

I'll take a Kimber as payment :lol:

devous1
02-22-2013, 11:36 PM
I didn't find that one on the net yet. So I followed it and I am at the battery disconnect stage and going to bed. I'll mess with it in the morning. If I have to tow that thing out of the garage I'm gonna get killed.

How about a discount on the Kimber.

Goober
02-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Nah, I can't afford it right now, been on and off work since the election. The wife's about to shoot me with every gun I own as it is lol.

devous1
02-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Dag gummit, none of that worked. Is there any easy way to just diable the PATS with out having future problems? This is my daughters car, it has to be a get in it and go car.

Goober
02-23-2013, 12:45 PM
That procedure or taking it to the stealership are the only options my Google-fu can come up with, unless you have someone disable it in a tune. But I'm unsure if you can disable it after it's been tripped.

bangingears
02-23-2013, 05:39 PM
i can do whatever you want to pats system, your just kind of far away

devous1
02-23-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm in no hurry, whats your price. I could trailer it but I'd need guys to help me push it out to the street. Basically if my wife sees that car being towed or trailered out of the garage she will shit a gold brick.

Goober
02-23-2013, 09:07 PM
If she shits said brick, you 'll have enough money to fix it

bangingears
02-23-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm in no hurry, whats your price. I could trailer it but I'd need guys to help me push it out to the street. Basically if my wife sees that car being towed or trailered out of the garage she will shit a gold brick.

6-pack of sam adams........ seem fair? i have factory ford IDS and can program/flash PATS no problem

devous1
02-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Too true. The whole car thing is about to get serious in this house. If I make it through the summer married I'll be lucky.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
02-24-2013, 12:00 AM
I can always email you a tune with PATS disabled if you two can't meet up.

devous1
02-24-2013, 08:31 AM
PM me a price, and if you can get it the price on a 15 gallon drum of C16

redfirepearlgt
02-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Too true. The whole car thing is about to get serious in this house. If I make it through the summer married I'll be lucky.

Ah...Just buy her a few carrots...just don't tell her they're Zirconia :D. Then if she finds out give her the :eek: face, or :confused: face.

devous1
02-25-2013, 08:01 PM
She's due for a vacation, I'm trying to send her to Hawaii for a week. That'll take the edge off.