PDA

View Full Version : YEE_HAW MGW Shifter!!!

redfirepearlgt
02-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Just picked up a slightly used MGW shifter for $310 w/shipping UPS ground for Wasabi. Complete with heat shield. bye-bye crappy shifter! Hello MGW! Should get it within a week or so. At least something on that fortune cookie tranny will be MADE IN USA!

06V6Andrew
02-26-2013, 09:47 PM
nice chad! you got some american made product in your american car! lol

Gearhead
02-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Just picked up a slightly used MGW shifter for $310 w/shipping UPS ground for Wasabi. Complete with heat shield. bye-bye crappy shifter! Hello MGW! Should get it within a week or so. At least something on that fortune cookie tranny will be MADE IN USA!

Had any shifting issues with your MT82 ?

smytty
02-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Had any shifting issues with your MT82 ?Yeah he did its called being old lol jkjk...

So does the purchase of the shifter mean your going to keep it?

redfirepearlgt
02-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Yeah he did its called being old lol jkjk...

So does the purchase of the shifter mean your going to keep it?

Nope...It's still for sale by word of mouth. Just trying to make it a little more enjoyable in the meantime.

redfirepearlgt
02-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Had any shifting issues with your MT82 ?

Just when finding 2nd gear at the track. It goes but i feel a little synchro fight as it does. Never had that issue with Redfire or the 02 which both had Tremecs. A person on another forum recently purchased the MGW and in a PM told me he was having a little issue with second as well when enjoying some spirited driving. Said that there was a TSB on this (think it does not apply to 13's) which is nothing more than a fluid flush on the tranny. he stated that the flush/change did little to nothing for the issue. He stated that the problem went away after he installed this shifter and that the shifts were night and day.

MGW supplies an entire replacement housing for the MT82 unlike the other ST shift companies. The only thing reused from the old shifter assembly is the linkage rods. Even the linkage rod bushings are improved and updated. I've spent some time speaking with the MGW people and I have watched the two part install Youtube. Everything they are doing makes sense when you see the side-by-side comparison.

redfirepearlgt
03-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Well it did not turn the GIT-RAG MT-82 into a TR6060 or T56 Tremec, but the MADE IN USA shifter does a lot for this Chinese assembled transmission. I would recommend this ahifter to anyone wishing to improve the feel and shifting of their manual shift Coyote GT/Boss.

This MGW shifter really enhances the shifting on this car. 1-2 shifts are smooth and 2-3 shifts almost feel like...well go get one and you will see what I mean. There is no transition effort going 2-3. Just shift. The only missed shift I experienced was at a stop light. I was actually in third when I thought I was in first. :o

At the track Saturday the 1-2 shift issues I was experiencing with the sloppy stock shifter were gone. Worth the little extra money it cost if you decide to buy a new one, and well worth the 4-8 week backlog on them new...they are that popular.

slow86fiveoh
03-25-2013, 09:39 AM
I run a mgw in my fox and its the cats ass so to speak even on a notchy wore out tranny the shifts are much smoother than the pro 5.0 I had

Black Horse
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM
George at MGW is a great guy and does superb quality work!

redfirepearlgt
03-26-2013, 09:40 AM
George at MGW is a great guy and does superb quality work!

Talked to him a couple of times Dave. He is really a super individual. Cares about you after the sale and even if you bought his product used.

firestang70
03-26-2013, 04:52 PM
See what happens when you listen to my advice! George is da man!