PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge!

Black Horse
03-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Think you can promote random acts of kindness? Here is the challenge - do at least one random act of kindness for another. Maybe buy the lady behind you at the McD's drive through her lunch, or stop and help someone change a flat......

I would love to see what random act you guys come up with (and follow-through on)! I would also like to hear if the Karma comes back around for you.

Ready, set - GO!

Maximus
03-04-2013, 12:00 PM
I usually buy the Crack heads around here a bottled water instead of giving them money. At least most of them say Thanks. :)

Goober
03-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Last week the wife and I found a purse in a shopping cart outside of Walmart and took it in to customer service. A few minutes later we were called to the service desk and the owner tried to give us all of her cash for turning it in. We declined to take anything.

We also dropped a penny into the horse at Meijer for a random kid. That made his day.

redfirepearlgt
03-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I made a purchase from a local gunshop recently. They undercharged me as I later realized when reviewing the receipt. I returned to let them make good. They refused saying thanks, but $24 bucks wasn't gonna break them.

Sometimes God returns acts of kindness immediately, sometimes he waits. Sometimes the return is the gift of learning humility.

Great thread idea. Thanks Dave.

mustangjon
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
I usually buy the Crack heads around here a bottled water instead of giving them money. At least most of them say Thanks. :)

Shit when i stop in there i just get a swift kick in ass out the door :flipoff:

MFIELD
03-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Shit when i stop in there i just get a swift kick in ass out the door :flipoff:

Maybe you should become a crackhead. JK:D

Maximus
03-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Maybe you should become a crackhead. JK:D

This guy gets it. :lol::lol:

Kevin1989
03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
I made a purchase from a local gunshop recently. They undercharged me as I later realized when reviewing the receipt. I returned to let them make good. They refused saying thanks, but $24 bucks wasn't gonna break them.

Sometimes God returns acts of kindness immediately, sometimes he waits. Sometimes the return is the gift of learning humility.

Great thread idea. Thanks Dave.

This happened to me Wednesday, I noticed they didn't ring up all the ammo that I had, and went back in and made them aware of it. 55 dollars worth of 308 and 223 ammo, they were extremely grateful

evil8
03-04-2013, 08:59 PM
I am an asshole on a regular basis and today my power window motor failed!

95redstang
03-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I stopped and helped some lady change her tire a while back while delivering in my pepsi truck down at the speedway on river rd.. i ended up getting a write up at work for it.. wont do that again..

Gene
03-04-2013, 09:24 PM
I made sure that Bobby didn't hit anyone with a wrench today.

331lx
03-05-2013, 02:10 AM
I helped a old lady carry her bags to her car at bingo Sunday night lol

Mista Bone
03-05-2013, 03:06 AM
I made sure that Bobby didn't hit anyone with a wrench today.

So you sat in the office all day out of his target zone.

:flipoff:

I can't say that I go out of my way, but I do the little things like holding a door for someone or letting the lady with a screaming kid with only 2-3 items in front of me at checkout. I guess being raised my "country" parents instills certain values that are getting lost in today's fast paced society.

Partly why I've slowed down, semi-retired now.

That or I'm just getting OLD!

firestang70
03-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Glad to see people still care. I try to instill this in my children. I donate time,money to various ministries to help folks out when they need it.

Yellow98Cobra
03-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Just snow blowed all my neighbors driveways. Started off my 80 year old neighbors and ended up doing all of them on my street.