PDA

View Full Version : COUGH PLEASE

devous1
03-07-2013, 06:23 PM
I read about this on the internet and don't remember if it's part of gun control, a health care issue or a combination of the two.

Any way, I ran into a friend that rents a warehouse near mine. We both attend our local Friends of the NRA annual event and are both gun/shooting enthusiasts. He's probably 5-10yrs older than me which would put him in his mid fifties or beyond. He went to get a physical and when he was answering his screening questions they proceeded to ask him questions about fireams?

DO YOU OWN ANY FIRE ARMS
HOW MANY

DO YOU OWN ANY AMMUNITION
HOW MUCH

ARE YOUR FIREARMS LOCKED UP

WTF, like I said I had heard about this on some gun sites but hoped it wasn't true. Has anyone encountered this.

Maximus
03-07-2013, 06:28 PM
I think ALL guns owners dont actually own any handguns. I mean I USE to have some, but they are all sold. :(

BUT...
Its pretty fucked up when they ask your Kids if Daddy or mommy owns any guns.

devous1
03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Bingo, I sold all of mine after the last elections.

So this is true then. And if it is, for me it is no longer a gun issue this shit is getting scary. What is the govt really up to?

dedpedal
03-07-2013, 07:19 PM
I remember part of obummer care was written to do that bit I thought that part of the legislation was stricken before it was voted on. Then again, congress had to pass it before we could find out what was in it. Lol.

redfirepearlgt
03-09-2013, 06:47 PM
I hope your friends response was either..."It's none of your darn business", or "Why? Did you happen to find the Derringer I had tucked behind my scrotum?

Kevin1989
03-09-2013, 07:03 PM
yea my dad has to answer questions like that for his VA stuff. they ask about mental health issues to. messed up world!

redfirepearlgt
03-09-2013, 09:37 PM
yea my dad has to answer questions like that for his VA stuff. they ask about mental health issues to. messed up world!

I could see them doing something like that. I could see questions on owning weapons for a person thought to be a danger to themselves or others due to mental some form of mental state (not insinuating anything Kev). But aside from that on a simple physical screening I think that is way off base.

Gongshow
03-09-2013, 10:57 PM
I would just lie. Lol. That Guy lies all the time.

04 Venom
03-10-2013, 12:23 AM
It doesn't have anything to do with gun control or healthcare. Insurance companies can basically ask anything they want to set rates. Home insurance companies may be very interested in the number of firearms you own and how they are secured for liability purposes.

If you tell them you don't own firearms and one is stolen from your home, and used in a crime, you can kiss your liability coverage goodbye if you are sued.

redfirepearlgt
03-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Hey Li'l professor, read the OP thread again.

Original quote: Any way, I ran into a friend that rents a warehouse near mine. We both attend our local Friends of the NRA annual event and are both gun/shooting enthusiasts. He's probably 5-10yrs older than me which would put him in his mid fifties or beyond. He went to get a physical and when he was answering his screening questions they proceeded to ask him questions about fireams?

The OP 's associate was not talking about homewners insurance. He was talking about getting a physical.

04 Venom
03-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey Li'l professor, read the OP thread again.

Original quote: Any way, I ran into a friend that rents a warehouse near mine. We both attend our local Friends of the NRA annual event and are both gun/shooting enthusiasts. He's probably 5-10yrs older than me which would put him in his mid fifties or beyond. He went to get a physical and when he was answering his screening questions they proceeded to ask him questions about fireams?

The OP 's associate was not talking about homewners insurance. He was talking about getting a physical.

Yes I read it. They want to know if he has firearms because they know if someone is suicidal, they kill themselves more often if there is a gun in the house. MY point is that insurance companies are much more prone to ask those questions for home owners insurance.

I didn't realize you police the posts here.

redfirepearlgt
03-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Nah, I wasn't policing...Just thought at your age you were beginning to slip a little. Just trying to nudge you back on topic.

04 Venom
03-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Nah, I wasn't policing...Just thought at your age you were beginning to slip a little. Just trying to nudge you back on topic.

I am old. :D

redfirepearlgt
03-10-2013, 04:41 PM
I am old. :D

Well do like I do...convert the decimal age to hex. If I recall right you should be 40 this year in hex while I just turned 30 in hex. Works until you hit the alpha placeholders. :bigthumb

devous1
03-10-2013, 07:51 PM
There was an email went out from the NRA several weeks or months ago about this. Of course I can't find it again, but supposedly there was a bill to do this type of screening but it was shot down. When I run into him again I'll get some clarity?

Either way my damn insurance company doesn't need to know about my firearms either. I understand all the ramifications of owning and being responsible for firearms. Most insurance companies already make you declare your firearms, tools and jewelry anyway. My health ins co can kiss my ass, I pay those fuckers $900 a month for insurance I don't use and they still wanna drill ya about firearm ownership. Can they ask you about your sexual orientation?