PDA

View Full Version : my 05 gt vs 3 different cobra's

plated
03-10-2013, 05:45 PM
coming back from richwood roll up on a sonic blue cobra on 75 going north,we slow down to a 25mph roll,second gear pull out on him two cars,click into third put another 6/8 cars on him,and lift,about 2 hrs later coming up 275 run up on rvickers and new gt500, smoked both of them one after another,not bad for a junkyard motor on a 6lb spring and no boost controller lol and peddeling my slipping cooked stock clutch and 4 people in the car,be doing a few changes this week and calling out mwoods for a little fun.

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Thats sweet lol..video or it didnt happen haha

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE 2 hrs later coming up 275 run up on rvickers and new gt500, smoked both of them one after another,not bad for a junkyard motor on a 6lb spring and no boost controller lol and peddeling my slipping cooked stock clutch and 4 people in the car,be doing a few changes this week and calling out mwoods for a little fun.[/QUOTE]

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!!!!!!! I just now saw this thread. You didnt smoke anybody on 275. I dont know how you feel like you smoked me. By the time you started spoolin I was liftin because there was a lot of traffic. At no time did you smoke me. My car is running way fat and still hung with you.

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Thats sweet lol..video or it didnt happen haha

Nope no video

plated
03-10-2013, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE 2 hrs later coming up 275 run up on rvickers and new gt500, smoked both of them one after another,not bad for a junkyard motor on a 6lb spring and no boost controller lol and peddeling my slipping cooked stock clutch and 4 people in the car,be doing a few changes this week and calling out mwoods for a little fun.

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!!!!!!! I just now saw this thread. You didnt smoke anybody on 275. I dont know how you feel like you smoked me. By the time you started spoolin I was liftin because there was a lot of traffic. At no time did you smoke me. My car is running way fat and still hung with you.[/QUOT the hell i didn't hell i was lifting in fourth cause of cluth slippage and still pulling away,we'll go again next weekend from a 20 mph roll i'll show you a dozen cars,wanna put a hundo on it? all in fun right though,run what ya brung,i'll put your hundo on mwoods run???if i loose i'm out nothing

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 08:35 PM
I barely made it into 4th gear before I lifted because of traffic. You may have pulled a half a car but thats it. Im down to go again but Im not puttin a hundo on it. From a 20 roll my car is just going to spin but Ill do it just to have some fun. I feel like you think you were walking on me when I was lifting. You did not walk away from me. I wouldnt even say that anyone won because of how much traffic there was. Very short runs. You'll probably beat me but MWoods and SN95 are a different story. You've got me by 100hp not them.

Blwn Pony
03-10-2013, 08:40 PM
I wana see this :bigthumb

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Idk he has a badass car

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Idk he has a badass car

Lol! Thats like the cat playing with the mouse before he eats it.

dsmawd350
03-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Ill gladly put some side cash down on mwoods

plated
03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
I wana see this :bigthumb

we'll all get together this weekend were all local... i'll be set on kill..track prepped for the street....stop by the shop this week

plated
03-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Ill gladly put some side cash down on mwoods

oh aint got no car to play still god damn it's been a decade....i see you hatin on the lide lines..kinda like on the outside looking in lol you bench racer waterboy....

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 08:58 PM
we'll all get together this weekend were all local... i'll be set on kill..track prepped for the street....

Im good, weather permitting. Ill have mine set on slow. Like always. I only have one setting and its FAT!!!!!!!!!! or maybe PHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

plated
03-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Im good, weather permitting. Ill have mine set on slow. Like always. I only have one setting and its FAT!!!!!!!!!! or maybe PHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

why is it running fat

Blwn Pony
03-10-2013, 09:18 PM
we'll all get together this weekend were all local... i'll be set on kill..track prepped for the street....stop by the shop this week

Been wanting to stop by, just been busy out of town the past 3 weeks

plated
03-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Idk he has a badass car

i'm sure i didn't beat him ass bad as YOU TOLD ME YOU BEAT HIM THOUGH....

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 09:22 PM
why is it running fat

It needs a tune really bad. It pulls timing up top also. It still has cats on it too. Im always broke so I havent had the money to buy a handheld and get it tuned yet. Im on street tires that are bald. It does pretty good for being out of wack. Your faster but I love playing around.

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 09:24 PM

Huh?????????????

dsmawd350
03-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Ive got an xcal3 ill sell ya

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 09:27 PM

Pm me some details Ill see what I can do.

plated
03-10-2013, 09:28 PM
It needs a tune really bad. It pulls timing up top also. It still has cats on it too. Im always broke so I havent had the money to buy a handheld and get it tuned yet. Im on street tires that are bald. It does pretty good for being out of wack. Your faster but I love playing around.
ive been daily driving them for 20yrs,just having a lil fun before i die.... i know all about fun on a budget hell i got a rebulit slavage junk.beats a car payment or a big loan or big credit card bills to get on here and be somebody

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Car payments are no fun

dsmawd350
03-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Looks like they are about 380 new hows 250 sound basically brand new used once for Adam to tune my terminator swapped 97. Then back in the package it sits

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 09:32 PM
ive been daily driving them for 20yrs,just having a lil fun before i die.... i know all about fun on a budget hell i got a rebulit slavage junk.beats a car payment or a big loan or big credit card bills lol

Yeah they are definitly fun. My budget is in the red. Mines not salvaged, I have a big car payment and about 10 credit cards that are maxed out. Lol. A mortgage and rent.

dsmawd350
ive been daily driving them for 20yrs,just having a lil fun before i die.... i know all about fun on a budget hell i got a rebulit slavage junk.beats a car payment or a big loan or big credit card bills to get on here and be somebody

Whos got those??

plated

you should sell cookies lmao

dsmawd350
03-10-2013, 09:34 PM
And you might give interior decorating a shot with all the curtains your hangin in peoples clear coat :lol:

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 09:34 PM
No car payments here bout buy a new powerstroke tho so I will.

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Looks like they are about 380 new hows 250 sound basically brand new used once for Adam to tune my terminator swapped 97. Then back in the package it sits

Fair price. If I come across the extra money Ill let you know.

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 09:38 PM

Ive never raced Tommy? Ive raced a couple cobras but not Tommy..??

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 09:39 PM
You do any dig racing or this goofy roll race shit?

plated
03-10-2013, 09:44 PM
You do any dig racing or this goofy roll race shit?

do you do any racing period? you need to show up this weekend

plated
03-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Ive never raced Tommy? Ive raced a couple cobras but not Tommy..??

i guess you were just lying again

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Lying again? Dude your so full of shit and yes I do race.what day?

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 09:50 PM
i guess you were just lying again

Ive never raced Mike. Ive only seen his car once. We cruised from Eastgate to Florence. Im sure Mike has never told you that he raced me. Nice try.

Im sure he would put bus LENGTHS on me.

See there I wasnt too lazy that time.

Blwn Pony
03-10-2013, 09:52 PM
damn I need to meet some of you guys so I can keep up. lol

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 09:55 PM
damn I need to meet some of you guys so I can keep up. lol

Did you have your car at Spade when they had their dyno day? I remember seeing a yellow S197 there.

Blwn Pony
03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
yup, I sure did

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 10:00 PM
yup, I sure did

Nice ride :bigthumb

Blwn Pony
03-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks, still a work in progress

9cobra4
03-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Smoked em huh? I'll bet you did. Your posts used to be normal and you seemed like a nice guy. Now all you do is talk shit and make up stories, or try to fight people because they said something on the Internet.

plated
03-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Lying again? Dude your so full of shit and yes I do race.what day?

you told me the last time you were here the day you car blew up you raced him? didnt you guys go on a cruise that day?i even asked you if you blew it up racing him you said no later you did. i really dont care just sayin,

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Smoked em huh? I'll bet you did. Your posts used to be normal and you seemed like a nice guy. Now all you do is talk shit and make up stories, or try to fight people because they said something on the Internet.

The only thing he smoked was that stock bottom end. Tick....tick....tick....

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 10:10 PM
you told me the last time you were here the day you car blew up you raced him? didnt you guys go on a cruise that day?i even asked you if you blew it up racing him you said no later you did. i really dont care just sayin,

My car shit before the cruise you get people mixed up just like saying you knew "joe" and it was rich the whole time baha..you will get your chance bud but you better come up with more than 100 its not worth getting the notch out for that.

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 10:11 PM

Or try and get them fired from there job.

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 10:13 PM
If you dont got video it DID not happen

plated
03-10-2013, 10:14 PM

no not looking to fight it got a lil heated over this cobra vrs my car,thats over,yea i'm gonna defend my self,anyone that knows me personally knows i'm not a dick,sorry if i come off that way.. i deal with a whole lot of people on here and have for ten yrs. cant please evryone. i see how the cobra guys stick together i can respect the brotherhood. just want in on the action..and have some fun

plated
03-10-2013, 10:17 PM
My car shit before the cruise you get people mixed up just like saying you knew "joe" and it was rich the whole time baha..you will get your chance bud but you better come up with more than 100 its not worth getting the notch out for that.

you dont have the cobra no more?

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 10:19 PM
I got both but I want see how the notch runs against it..just lil sketchy sprayin that thing on the street im not goin to lie lol

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 10:25 PM
no not looking to fight it got a lil heated over this cobra vrs my car,thats over,yea i'm gonna defend my self,anyone that knows me personally knows i'm not a dick,sorry if i come off that way.. i deal with a whole lot of people on here and have for ten yrs. cant please evryone. i see how the cobra guys stick together i can respect the brotherhood. just want in on the action..and have some fun

Its all good. In my eyes were all brothers on SBZ I will do anything I can for anyone of these people. This all about having fun for me. I dont wan to fight but I will if I have too. I dont know you and wont judge you untill I meet you. I had a great time playing with you today on 275 but for you to say that you smoked me is by far an over statement. Your car is impressive. You took a little and are doing alot with it. Congrats on that. Im always up to have fun and hangout and shoot the shit. Just hit me up whenever.

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Its all good. In my eyes were all brothers on SBZ I will do anything I can for anyone of these people. This all about having fun for me. I dont wan to fight but I will if I have too. I dont know you and wont judge you untill I meet you. I had a great time playing with you today on 275 but to say that you smoked me is by far an over statement. Your car is impressive. You took a little and are doing alot with it. Congrats on that. Im always up to have fun and hangout and shoot the shit. Just hit me up whenever.

Well said brother!:bigthumb

plated
03-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Its all good. In my eyes were all brothers on SBZ I will do anything I can for anyone of these people. This all about having fun for me. I dont wanto to fight but I will if I have too. I dont know you and wont judge you untill I meet you. I had a great time playing with today on 275 but to say that you smoked me is by far an over statement. Your car is impressive. You took a little and are doing alot with it. Congrats on that. Im always up to have fun and hangout and shoot the shit. Just hit me up whenever.damn you sound like a good guy looking foward to meeting you,i guess i came off a lil cocky,but after all the bashing on my 3v brick i had to put it out there,put your self in my place. you was guilty by association lol,no hard feelings. letr eat

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 10:45 PM
damn you sound like a good guy looking foward to meeting you,i guess i came off a lil cocky,but after all the bashing on my 3v brick i had to put it out there,put your self in my place. you was guilty by association lol,no hard feelings. letr eat

Its all good. You should take me for a ride in that thing sometime. Ive seen you go by my house sometimes.

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 10:54 PM
What day and time next weekend? We need to be smart about this so no one gets in trouble.

plated
03-10-2013, 11:03 PM
What day and time next weekend? We need to be smart about this so no one gets in trouble.

we go to mexico and race remember.. sat or sun weather permitting i know a few sweet spots. i'll take you for a ride,impressive for what it is i guess i want a 1000000 hp car but dont need that crap in my life been there done that.i got a 3 yr old and two other little ones i'm raising, ive seen dozens of them built then sold over the yrs on here

SN95N/A
03-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Im game I will have 4 cylinder out next weekend

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 11:10 PM
we go to mexico and race remember.. sat or sun weather permitting i know a few sweet spots. i'll take you for a ride,impressive for what it is i guess i want a 1000000 hp car but dont need that crap in my life been there done that. ive seen dozens of them built and sold over the yrs.

How about this. Friday we'll see how the weather is for the weekend. If its good we'll pick a meeting spot and a time. Keep your sweet spots a secret so no one can tip anyone off (if you know what I mean) and we can go there and everyone can bust'em off. Sound like a plan? You boys like Mexico??? Lmao!!!

I work saturday until 3 or so.

rtvickers
03-10-2013, 11:13 PM
we go to mexico and race remember.. sat or sun weather permitting i know a few sweet spots. i'll take you for a ride,impressive for what it is i guess i want a 1000000 hp car but dont need that crap in my life been there done that.i got a 3 yr old and two other little ones i'm raising, ive seen dozens of them built then sold over the yrs on here

If my car made 100000hp it would still only run 12's in the quater

plated
03-10-2013, 11:22 PM
If my car made 100000hp it would still only run 12's in the quater

i've seen 700hp cobras go 10.80's and ive seen n/a cobras with 370hp go 10.50's.and mph the same??? evrey cars different.is good as your car looks i wouldnt care what it ran.enjoy it

MWoods26
03-10-2013, 11:36 PM
be doing a few changes this week and calling out mwoods for a little fun.

Im your huckelberry..... say when. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkm1i2o6Ri8 Was no need for a new call out. I didnt forget your first one.

redfirepearlgt
03-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Sounds like everyone in this thread should come to QSL Colerain on 3/24/2013 @ 5pm so they can meet.:bigthumb

I've got a stock 2013GT that has a note on it you can all poke fun at! LOL!!!!

Blwn Pony
03-11-2013, 12:37 PM
I will be there! :bigthumb

SN95N/A
03-11-2013, 12:38 PM
I cant wait should be fun meet.

SN95N/A
03-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Im your huckelberry..... say when. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkm1i2o6Ri8 Was no need for a new call out. I didnt forget your first one.

Baha funny,that cobra will be hard too handle

jeep45238
03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Psh. My bolt on 03 Gt can pass ya'll by like you're not even moving.

Assuming that you're parked and I'm on the highway. :lol:

mad max
03-11-2013, 06:57 PM

I love mikes sense of humor , good guy to deal with , have bought and sold stuff to him . Somebody make sure they have a go pro running to catch the action , for us who cant be there . Sounds like its gonna be a fun time.

bkstang95
03-11-2013, 07:05 PM
What kind of power is your car makin these days, plated?

plated
03-11-2013, 10:03 PM
What kind of power is your car makin these days, plated?

not sure its gonna be on the dyno hopefully by the end of the week

plated
03-11-2013, 10:10 PM
I love mikes sense of humor , good guy to deal with , have bought and sold stuff to him . Somebody make sure they have a go pro running to catch the action , for us who cant be there . Sounds like its gonna be a fun time.

yea he is a good dude,i met him a couple yrs ago,painted a hood for his 93 cobra,he's mature enough not to take it to heart,and out for a good time like me.i just think he's gonna be shocked of the outcome.

blown96cobra
03-12-2013, 12:03 PM

Pm me what's done to ur car i may have a cheap handheld to clean up your air/fuel.

blown96cobra
03-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!!!!!!! I just now saw this thread. You didnt smoke anybody on 275. I dont know how you feel like you smoked me. By the time you started spoolin I was liftin because there was a lot of traffic. At no time did you smoke me. My car is running way fat and still hung with you.[/QUOT the hell i didn't hell i was lifting in fourth cause of cluth slippage and still pulling away,we'll go again next weekend from a 20 mph roll i'll show you a dozen cars,wanna put a hundo on it? all in fun right though,run what ya brung,i'll put your hundo on mwoods run???if i loose i'm out nothing

Ill take that bet plated. All ur gna see are chunks of nittos flying at ur windshield as i roll out on the 3v lol. Ill b over at adams shop weds so i can take ur $ then.

SN95N/A
03-12-2013, 12:35 PM
^you still got the vette

700hp04mystic
03-12-2013, 03:13 PM
no he got smart. lol man oh man I wish my new tranny and set up was done id like to try out the worlds baddest 3 valve. funny stuff in here.

SN95N/A
03-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Dont waste a trip this is fastest car on east side of town lol he got smart I like that!!

plated
03-12-2013, 09:31 PM
now its not as boreing in here.... i got on to call out some cobras,not badmouthing no body,not claiming to have some bad ass car,its fucking boreing around here,its a fair call out gives us something to do,dont get it twisted,it's all in fun,i dont care to loose really dont..what do i got to loose honestly? your racing a fucked over rebuilt title stock motor low hp car,not much to brag about.........but if it holds it's own up to the 600/700 hp car on the street theres gonna be some seriose shit talking.....have fun with it thats why we build'em dont take it seriouse.this place use to be fun just trying to livin it up around here.......................enjoy!!

SN95N/A
03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
What 700 hp car have you raced lol

plated
03-12-2013, 09:46 PM

none yet...did i say i raced one huh is yours running yet????? lol

SN95N/A
03-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Jus curious im not sure you will find many 700hp cars on the street

plated
03-12-2013, 09:52 PM

you know the old saying don't sing it bring it? are you bringing something out when this goes down

SN95N/A
03-12-2013, 09:52 PM
How much money u bringing?

plated
03-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Jus curious im not sure you will find many 700hp cars on the street

i said 600/700 not 700 i'm sure these cobras are making 600/700 ?? the last termi i drove was tony defranz,stroked, kenne bell, cams,k'member,longtubes.it made 685 ran like a sumbitch i loved it.he let me beat on it.i never dogged cobras,but id put my car up to one anyday.

SN95N/A
03-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Whens this race supose to be happening?

plated
03-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Whens this race supose to be happening?

i'm hopeing this weekend maybe next though,i'm waiting on a couple things before i'm ready.and the weather sucks again.

SN95N/A
03-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Might work out good enough,jus in time to get the notch a good tune

rtvickers
03-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Pm me what's done to ur car i may have a cheap handheld to clean up your air/fuel.

I sent you a pm. I dont know if you got it or not. It was from my phone earlier today. If you didnt get let me know and Ill send it again.

plated
03-12-2013, 10:28 PM
looks like fun...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z322c-Uw-Io

SN95N/A
03-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Thats cool turbo gt vs a supercharged cobra?

dsmawd350
03-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Doesnt even say whats done to the cobra...

SN95N/A
03-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Well have nice nite all got work early am lol

rtvickers
03-12-2013, 11:02 PM
looks like fun...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z322c-Uw-Io

Hey did you notice my horn wasnt working. Lol. You honked and I hit the horn and didnt hear anything. Maybe I couldnt hear it over the engine. After I got off on 32 I hit and it worked. Weird.

plated
03-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Hey did you notice my horn wasnt working. Lol. You honked and I hit the horn and didnt hear anything. Maybe I couldnt hear it over the engine. After I got off on 32 I hit and it worked. Weird.

why were you honking back lol

rtvickers
03-12-2013, 11:15 PM
You pulled up next to me once and honked. I thought we were gonna do the 3 honks. You dont remember honking at me?

plated
03-12-2013, 11:36 PM
You pulled up next to me once and honked. I thought we were gonna do the 3 honks. You dont remember honking at me?yea 3 times and i left,first pull we did i missed 3rd

rtvickers
03-12-2013, 11:44 PM
yea 3 times and i left,first pull we did i missed 3rd

K I just didnt know if you heard my horn or not because I didnt hear it.

SN95N/A
03-13-2013, 07:46 AM
I like how you refer to your motor as a stock junk yard motor and in decription it says built motor ..6 lbs huh? Cars looks fast plato

Blwn Pony
03-13-2013, 07:51 AM

Ha! as loud as your car is i dont think a train horn will help.... :D

SN95N/A
03-13-2013, 08:34 AM
All kiddin aside car sounds good man

Maximus
03-13-2013, 11:37 AM
And you might give interior decorating a shot with all the curtains your hangin in peoples clear coat :lol:

I dont know about other peoples, but he did a great job on my Chevy II. :bigthumb

SN95N/A
03-13-2013, 12:38 PM
He does great work!

plated
03-13-2013, 12:41 PM
I dont know about other peoples, but he did a great job on my Chevy II. :bigthumb

thanks craig!! and thanks for giving me the opporitunity to work on a bad ass car, the kind words goes along way,i'm here if you need me

Maximus
03-13-2013, 01:30 PM
No problem. :)

Sucks that the II just sits now.:(

mustangboy
03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
You can drive the II anytime you want

plated
03-13-2013, 04:39 PM
You can drive the II anytime you want

no i think he was hinting around to me to take it for a drive :D

70mm_LS1_Eater
03-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Can I get in on this street action!? From a stop of course. I've got a nice Cobra...

RyanR
03-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Never thought I would see the day a mustang website would be talking about roll racing. What has the world come too lol

SN95N/A
03-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Dig race only way to go

70mm_LS1_Eater
03-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Never thought I would see the day a mustang website would be talking about roll racing. What has the world come too lol

Lol. Exactly.

2Fast4You
03-31-2013, 11:43 PM
Kids, just can't teach them anything. Lol