PDA

View Full Version : The 2013 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread

THE DOZEN MASTER
04-02-2013, 09:55 PM
This is the thread where you congrat someone, tell someone they suck, bitch, complain, call out someone, etc. If you do it in the et thread, I'll delete it, keep doing it, and I'll spank you.

That said.

Originally Posted by vinny5oh
Here ya go.....

Also, you can expect things to shake out at the end of this season to level the street-car vs race-car issue. We're going to pick a test and tune day at the end of the season, have all potential dozen members meet at a set location and DRIVE to the track and make passes. This will weed out the 5 gallon fuel cell race cars, prove their street credibility as well as keep the list local. If you can't make a test and tune session around here then you aren't local. We may recquire that all dozen list members attend the fall cruise-in as well to once again prove their street creds as well as their involvement with this site. We don't need one-post-wonders claiming to be a SBZ member, making the cut and leaving somebody off the list with more of a street car and more time on this site.

So with that, I'll start the first round.
"His car isn't really a street car" is something I hear a lot. Problem is, everybody's opinion on what a true street car is will be different. As the rules sit right now, a street car is defined as having license, tags and insurance. I made it this way only to parallel the NMRA Wild Street definition. This is probably the toughest one to call so making these cars come out on the street to stay on the list will make things more fair in my opinion. This can be accomplished by requiring the cars to drive to the track at least once and/or showing up at our big cruise-ins.

Remember kids, this is for fun, bragging rights and a decal....nothing more. No big money prizes, no sponsorship deals, no trophies....just some good ole boys bringing out their cars and putting a beating on 1320 feet of tarmac!

Thanks for reading

This was Vinnys idea and we are going to respect him by keeping his rules and try and keep this simple....

-A Participating member of Stangbangerz.
**That means, you show up to SBZ events and get-togethers.

**AND**

**you are an active member on Stangbangerz forums (posting 100 things for sale is NOT an active member)

-Runs must be made at a local T&T at Edgewater, Kil-Kare or Tri-State with fellow SBZ members witnessing them (these are our local tracks)

-Times ran at NMRA Norwalk, National Trail, or Bowling Green will be eligible.

-A Ford-powered Mustang/Capri with insurance, tags and registration matching the car. Pump gas, race gas, slicks, radials, whatever... But exhaust must run through a muffler of some sort. Turbos do NOT count as mufflers.

-Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

-New Rule for Broke / Change combo. This always seems to be a problem. If you break or change your combo, you are not off the list. Everyone is always trying new things, and pushing the envelope. If you break, or change your combo, you still need to post up that you broke, or are changing your combo. When you bring the car back out (IT MUST COME BACK OUT), as long as you can back up your original time within 2% you keep your original time. If not, come the end of the year, the new time will be your time.

-Cutoff - October 13th - This is for the guys that want to get ready for next year. Times can be added until the final running at Edgewater in November. However, if you want to start tearing down your car for next year. You may do so after the weekend of the 13th and not lose your spot, but you can still be bumped by a quicker e.t. Same holds true for those wanting on the list, car must be out at last once before this date as well. No end of the year 1 hit wonders.

Black Horse
04-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm throwing this on the table:

Hyper-Performance will donate a custom designed sticker, matching t-shirt and hoody to the Balls Out Top Dawg. And I don't mean street car.
Here is my rules:
#1 It has to be a Mustang
#2 You have to be an active member here.
#3 The run must be witnessed by at least one other SBZ member.
#4 Full quarter mile

Full race, tubed, blown, and towed are welcome. Post your ETs in the DD list, just make sure you identify yourself as a Balls Outer!

dsmawd350
04-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Was there always a muffler rule? Seems like someone's scared of the turbo cars

Kwik92GT
04-02-2013, 11:02 PM
I don't see where he says anything about having a broken or change combo rule? Who came up with that and what is the purpose of even having it? What does it even accomplish? I see that the rule has been tweaked but why not just get rid of it altogether? He wasn't worried about 1-hit-wonders either, he was worried about 1-post-wonders.

Maximus
04-02-2013, 11:44 PM
I don't see where he says anything about having a broken or change combo rule? Who came up with that and what is the purpose of even having it? What does it even accomplish? I see that the rule has been tweaked but why not just get rid of it altogether? He wasn't worried about 1-hit-wonders either, he was worried about 1-post-wonders.

Ok boys and girls, Story time....

New Dude shows up and throws on a --- shot of NOS, Cranks the boost up to -- and makes ONE Bonzai run, and gets on the list. He then sits on his ass the rest of the season. He makes his required posts on the board, and actually shows up to a couple quaker steak cruise ins.
Meanwhile, lets create a fictional character here named Greg. Greg has a Turbo Mustang that has been on the jackstands for 100000 years, but has given numerous ideas, points of interest and ideas on SBZ for that same amount of time. Everyone around the SBZ forums are familiar with Greg and his Mystical Mustang, but we all like him and welcome the day he gets it running.
Stay with me.
One day, this is a fantasy afterall, Greg gets his Mustang running!! The Angels sing, the seas part and, well you get the picture... Anyway, Greg, after watching all these years the DD, welcomes the chance to get HIS Mustang on the DD!! So he makes run after run after run after run, yet his time is .00001 slower than the new dude who made ONE run down the track.
OH NOES!!! What will Greg do?
Greg will be left the fuck off the list cause some Low Rent, Piece of Shit, One hit wonder, cock cobbler managed to get his heap down the track without scattering his junk box windsor all over the track.
Poor Greg.
Greg got FUCKED.:(

This has been a story by Storymotherfucker time productions.
Have a swell night. :evilflip:

Understand the rule now? :)

Maximus
04-02-2013, 11:52 PM

Why are the current turbo guys afraid of a muffler? Besides, you will sell your ride before YOU get it down the track so back to the boat dock with you!!:evilflip:

facemelter71
04-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Hmmm,do I know this Greg guy?lol

evil8
04-03-2013, 06:14 AM
A turbo is a muffler.

dsmawd350
04-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Every race series requires mufflers on all entrys BUT turbo cars

Whyucryn
04-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Turbos are gay

Blowpastyou
04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Outdated technology... ;)

k062693w
04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
PM Sent !!!

Maximus
04-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Do you have any pictures?

Kwik92GT
04-03-2013, 02:17 PM

New Dude shows up and throws on a --- shot of NOS, Cranks the boost up to -- and makes ONE Bonzai run, and gets on the list. He then sits on his ass the rest of the season. He makes his required posts on the board, and actually shows up to a couple quaker steak cruise ins.
Meanwhile, lets create a fictional character here named Greg. Greg has a Turbo Mustang that has been on the jackstands for 100000 years, but has given numerous ideas, points of interest and ideas on SBZ for that same amount of time. Everyone around the SBZ forums are familiar with Greg and his Mystical Mustang, but we all like him and welcome the day he gets it running.
Stay with me.
One day, this is a fantasy afterall, Greg gets his Mustang running!! The Angels sing, the seas part and, well you get the picture... Anyway, Greg, after watching all these years the DD, welcomes the chance to get HIS Mustang on the DD!! So he makes run after run after run after run, yet his time is .00001 slower than the new dude who made ONE run down the track.
Greg will be left the fuck off the list cause some Low Rent, Piece of Shit, One hit wonder, cock cobbler managed to get his heap down the track without scattering his junk box windsor all over the track.
Poor Greg.

Awesome story. :tongue2: Bottom line would be that I would need to work on my shit again for 100000yrs or so, to find that 00001. :D I'd probably be a tad salty (at myself) but not to the point that I'd want said Low Rent, Piece of Shit, One hit wonder, cock cobbler to be kicked off the list because he was able to get it done in one hit, and I couldn't in a 100. Not my style. No matter. Rules are set and its all good. I'll let the folks with running cars duke it out.

Whyucryn
04-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Bump to the top!

orangedemon331
04-03-2013, 03:18 PM
No worries, this site won't make it through the season, will take a miracle or unicorn shit to stop this place from going under!!!

bkstang95
04-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Is this item still available?

k062693w
04-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Sale pending ...

Kwik92GT
04-03-2013, 04:31 PM
PM sent...

k062693w
04-03-2013, 04:41 PM
PM sent...

PMS Replied !!!

evil8
04-03-2013, 04:44 PM
AAA+++ Seller!~~~~~~!

Blowpastyou
04-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Quick shipping... Items exactly as described.. Would buy from again.

k062693w
04-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the GREAT Deal !!!

facemelter71
04-03-2013, 05:17 PM
no PM's sent.

jktruckin06
04-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Hey all you guys get on outta here so I can get my 13 second junk on the list!

RIXXX93GT
04-03-2013, 10:17 PM

Stay with me.
Poor Greg.

Thats some funny shit right there!

redfirepearlgt
04-03-2013, 10:20 PM
whats your best price?

bbfstanger
04-03-2013, 10:22 PM
make offer,dont like posting price!

Whyucryn
04-03-2013, 10:23 PM
I have a B cam for trade!

k062693w
04-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Pics Please !!!

'92Stang
04-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Would of been nice to know earlier. I just pay pal'd a guy named Shaun for his cam.

redfirepearlgt
04-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Rare find in silver. Only 2,000,056 made that year. great condition. Just needs tires, shocks, tie rods, ball joints, coolant leak on the intake, and has a miss, but otherwise runs and drives like new. New brake pads 40K ago still good.

bbfstanger
04-04-2013, 12:32 AM
pm sent!!!!

beefcake
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM

looks like the same rules me and craig always copied and pasted before

dsmawd350
04-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Yeah I saw that too. Wasn't last years winner a mufflerless turbo car....lol

beefcake
04-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Yeah I saw that too. Wasn't last years winner a mufflerless turbo car....lol

uh oh, didn't see that

Whyucryn
04-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Who even won last year?

beefcake
04-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Who even won last year?

Jeff won it

k062693w
04-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Still waiting on Tracking #'s ???

SN95N/A
04-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Seems like somethings get overlooked but if someone won it that you didnt want to win I bet you all would find a reason why that guy couldnt be #1..just seems like thats how things go around here..jeff deserved it by all means his cars badass I'm just saying thats how it works around here.

beefcake
04-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Seems like somethings get overlooked but if someone won it that you didnt want to win I bet you all would find a reason why that guy couldnt be #1..just seems like thats how things go around here..jeff deserved it by all means his cars badass I'm just saying thats how it works around here.

thats what i mean about negativity, complaining about stuff that didn't happen

i didn't complain in the # 2 position about his car not having mufflers, to be honest, i don't know if it did or not, but jeff's a buddy, and i really didn't care

so, jeff still got the spot,

yet we're complaining like someone got cheated

technically, if the car doesn't have mufflers, it should not be on the list, that's not my rules, that's vin's rules

so, that's not how it works around here

jeff still got the spot,

Black Horse
04-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately , in our modern society, truth is in the eye of the beholder .

Black Horse
04-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Rules say "Muffler of some sort" (just not turbo)....soup can full of steel wool sounds like "some sort"

SN95N/A
04-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Sorry for the interruption carry on guys lol

Walter
04-04-2013, 02:40 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn:

evil8
04-04-2013, 02:45 PM
These rules suck!

dsmawd350
04-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Nothing else on this site is how Vinny wanted it...time for a rule change! Where's FOSS?

Whyucryn
04-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Sometimes rules have to change due to new and improved technology and finding better ways of doing things. Just like the forward facing headers. That's a new trend. So rules from 8-10 years ago are gonna need revised eventually

Blowpastyou
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Im not putting a muffler on my car. It already had a 118mm clipped muffler. Might as well take my time down

beefcake
04-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Sometimes rules have to change due to new and improved technology and finding better ways of doing things. Just like the forward facing headers. That's a new trend. So rules from 8-10 years ago are gonna need revised eventually

yes, but the idea was based off of true street,

technology changes, mufflers for a street car hasn't

NMRA True Street
POWER ADDERS & POWERTRAIN
Any Ford-based engine, and any number and/or type of power adders are permitted. Any manual or automatic transmission is permitted. Any rear end is permitted. Exhaust system with mufflers is required.

True street rules are pretty simple

DOT's,
No Back Halved cars
Any power adder(s)
Run it through mufflers

evil8
04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
These rules suck!

beefcake
04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Im not putting a muffler on my car. It already had a 118mm clipped muffler. Might as well take my time down

These rules suck!

lol,

and so it begins......

Blowpastyou
04-04-2013, 04:11 PM
A shit I dont give either way.... So you wont see me complaining. I do agree it is dumb that turbo cars have to have a muffler. But it REALLY doesnt bother me either way.

beefcake
04-04-2013, 04:18 PM
A shit I dont give either way.... So you wont see me complaining. I do agree it is dumb that turbo cars have to have a muffler. But it REALLY doesnt bother me either way.

I know all the new turbo cars we sell here at ford have mufflers on them :dunno:

vinny's rules, and i believe vinny car was a turbo car.....

the thing is, just like class racing, if you want to be in a "class" that has rules, you build the car around the rules

the DD has rules, if you want to be on it, pretty simple, build something that fit's the rules, the rules have been the same for 10 years, not like it's rocket science to put a combo together that fits them

k062693w
04-04-2013, 04:22 PM
lol,

and so it begins......

I know all the new turbo cars we sell here at ford have mufflers on them :dunno:

vinny's rules, and i believe vinny car was a turbo car.....

the thing is, just like class racing, if you want to be in a "class" that has rules, you build the car around the rules

the DD has rules, if you want to be on it, pretty simple, build something that fit's the rules, the rules have been the same for 10 years, not like it's rocket science to put a combo together that fits them

Pot Meet Kettle ??? :rolleyes:

beefcake
04-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Pot Meet Kettle ??? :rolleyes:

my car fits the rules, has fit the rules every single year.

draggin50
04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
These rules were made 10 years ago and are outdated. Most classes with turbo entries now dont require mufflers.

k062693w
04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
my car fits the rules, has fit the rules every single year.

Apparently you Missed the whole meaning of my post, And I don't have time to explain it ... :bigthumb

beefcake
04-04-2013, 04:42 PM
These rules were made 10 years ago and are outdated. Most classes with turbo entries now dont require mufflers.

true street, which is a class designed for street cars, requires mufflers

vinny,
whom had a turbo, and designed the dozen

designed these rules, after true street

as far as outdated,

what is so hard about, licensed, insured, drive it on the street, run it through mufflers?

yes, so many rules, how could a car ever conform.....

facemelter71
04-04-2013, 05:13 PM
All you guys bitchen about mufflers. Does not say it has to be a muffler from an 87 honda accord. A damn 4 inch race bullet is a muffler.

dsmawd350
04-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Let's ban slicks too then those arent legal for a street car

dsmawd350
04-04-2013, 05:19 PM
All you guys bitchen about mufflers. Does not say it has to be a muffler from an 87 honda accord. A damn 4 inch race bullet is a muffler.

When you have a 5" downpipe coming right off the turbo and out the front bumper its a little hard to fit a muffler

k062693w
04-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Looks like a "Street Car" to me

http://www.nmradigital.com/2013/04/04/beefcake-calls-out-bbr-for-match-race-in-georgia/

Blowpastyou
04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
When you have a 5" downpipe coming right off the turbo and out the front bumper its a little hard to fit a muffler

Troof.......

beefcake
04-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Looks like a "Street Car" to me

http://www.nmradigital.com/2013/04/04/beefcake-calls-out-bbr-for-match-race-in-georgia/

because it has stickers? lmao, and at the end of the year, i pull them off the car,

stickers don't add hp, just an fyi,

maybe you missed my 9.03 run with "no hp stickers" on the car at the end of the year

i have a business that makes money off advertising,

haters gonna hate,

why don't you get off the puter and get your car to the track! maybe you won't be so bitter! :flipoff: :)

bbfstanger
04-04-2013, 07:00 PM
how can you call a car with a certified race cage or chassis a street car?
wouldn't that make it a certified race car?

beefcake
04-04-2013, 07:07 PM
how can you call a car with a certified race cage or chassis a street car?
wouldn't that make it a certified race car?

I'm not getting into a retarded discussion about safety

You Wanna take your car down the track without the proper safety equipment, be my guest

evil8
04-04-2013, 10:15 PM
These rules are awesome!

bennyboy
04-12-2013, 09:09 PM
i agree rules are fine just inforce them and try to get your car faster

Adam@S&MMotorsports
04-12-2013, 09:32 PM

The funny thing it that it is still quiet compared to NA, blown, or N2O cars with bullets. The fast street cars don't post on this site for a reason:bigthumb

70mm_LS1_Eater
04-14-2013, 01:01 PM
The funny thing it that it is still quiet compared to NA, blown, or N2O cars with bullets. The fast street cars don't post on this site for a reason:bigthumb

That's no joke....

2007ShelbyCobra
07-07-2013, 11:19 PM
so... I may have missed it, but is there no Dirty Dozen this year?

jktruckin06
07-07-2013, 11:43 PM
It might end up being the kinda messy half a dozen...

4n_eatr
07-08-2013, 03:54 PM
So they'll be a 9 second car, a 10 second car, a couple of 11s and a bunch of 12s... Hey hey! I might be able to get in!

cyah92
07-09-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm hoping to get my engine back so I can crack a low 10 and get my name on the board. I'm building mine personally for the street. Test n tune once in awhile. I do have a roll cage and agree with beefcake on safety and track rules.

dr59l
07-09-2013, 05:02 AM
Yea I don't understand the whole rollcage = racecar. My car drives perfectly fine w my 10 pt. Look at it as an advantage to u cause it adds weight not faster. An most tracks require it if u run that fast so make ur cars faster an u can have a rollcage too lol

4n_eatr
07-10-2013, 11:23 AM
NHRA rules are 10.99 and quicker needs a cage right?

4n_eatr
07-10-2013, 11:44 AM
NHRA rules are 10.99 and quicker needs a cage right?

m347
07-10-2013, 08:18 PM
11.49 needs at least a 6 point unless it changed this year

2007ShelbyCobra
07-11-2013, 12:27 AM
08 and up doesnt need a cage at 11.49, but I dont think the cars were talking about apply

Dtony
07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
08 and up doesnt need a cage at 11.49, but I dont think the cars were talking about apply

That's only true if the car is completely stock.

THE DOZEN MASTER
11-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Only a couple of weeks left before the local tracks close.

Blowpastyou
02-04-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm throwing this on the table:

Hyper-Performance will donate a custom designed sticker, matching t-shirt and hoody to the Balls Out Top Dawg. And I don't mean street car.
Here is my rules:
#1 It has to be a Mustang
#2 You have to be an active member here.
#3 The run must be witnessed by at least one other SBZ member.
#4 Full quarter mile

Full race, tubed, blown, and towed are welcome. Post your ETs in the DD list, just make sure you identify yourself as a Balls Outer!

XL hoodie please

k062693w
02-04-2014, 12:23 PM
XL hoodie please

Don't forget the Tshirt !!! :bigthumb

Blowpastyou
02-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Large tee

Black Horse
02-04-2014, 01:18 PM
"just make sure you identify yourself as a Balls Outer!"

.....missed it by thisss much.......

Blowpastyou
02-04-2014, 01:21 PM
The balls outer I am...

NXcoupe
02-05-2014, 02:04 PM
The balls outer I am...

The things people will do for a free t shirt, just like a game show, lol. Congrats Eddie!

Metcalf Racing
02-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Mph doesn't seem to represent a full 1/4 mile pass. So a balls Outer doesn't seem fit here. Congrats Big Bully

Blowpastyou
02-05-2014, 03:21 PM
thats all she had... to the 1/8... Shouldnt have pulled the chute, it would have been into the 7's a good bit

Metcalf Racing
02-05-2014, 03:23 PM
thats all she had... to the 1/8... Shouldnt have pulled the chute, it would have been into the 7's a good bit

Wrong answer.
Full 1/4 pass. Not what it coast through at. What a Bully. :dummy:

Blowpastyou
02-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Then people would be really butt hurt...

Metcalf Racing
02-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Lol