PDA

View Full Version : 99-04 Rare Cobra's

rtvickers
04-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Here's a discussion I found on svtp about rare Cobra's. The YMR link shows some interesting things. Just thought Id share.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/928581-rarest-99-04-cobra.html

SN95N/A
04-21-2013, 09:13 PM
I wish my cobra was rare

Gene
04-21-2013, 09:16 PM
I remember reading that there was only about 250 of my 03 built...black w/ the black and tan interior.

Blkcobra01
04-21-2013, 10:56 PM
I would love to have a 04 Competition Orange someday.

MWoods26
04-22-2013, 09:57 AM
I would love to have a 04 Competition Orange someday.

How deep are your pockets???

Gearhead
04-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Good info....I remember back when Montgomery Ford had 4 new Comp Orange Terminators new on the lot. Seemed like they had trouble selling that color when new, now it's one of the most desirable colors.

mf959100GT
04-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Good info....I remember back when Montgomery Ford had 4 new Comp Orange Terminators new on the lot. Seemed like they had trouble selling that color when new, now it's one of the most desirable colors.

I know it's not a Comp orange cobra, but my work had a school bus yellow Boss 302 for at least 6 months that I wish I could've bought because I feel like that color will eventually be the same. Maybe not tho that was an odd color

Gearhead
04-22-2013, 11:05 AM
I know it's not a Comp orange cobra, but my work had a school bus yellow Boss 302 for at least 6 months that I wish I could've bought because I feel like that color will eventually be the same. Maybe not tho that was an odd color

Castrucci Ford in Alexandria ? They had a SBY Boss on the lot for awhile....

MWoods26
04-22-2013, 02:41 PM

Mine was one of those four.. They didn't sell it though. Did a dealer trade and was sold new in Florida. In 2008 the second owner bought it and had the car shipped to Utah. I had it shipped to me last year and when going through all the paperwork that came with it I had to laugh when I seen on the original window sticker it was delivered to Montgomery Ford. Took a few years but the car now lives five miles down the road from where it was delivered when new.

Black Horse
04-22-2013, 02:44 PM
The rarest is any '99 that still retain the IRS. I'll bet that more than half were converted to solid rears.

Gearhead
04-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Mine was one of those four.. They didn't sell it though. Did a dealer trade and was sold new in Florida. In 2008 the second owner bought it and had the car shipped to Utah. I had it shipped to me last year and when going through all the paperwork that came with it I had to laugh when I seen on the original window sticker it was delivered to Montgomery Ford. Took a few years but the car now lives five miles down the road from where it was delivered when new.

Wow, that's cool !! I think they traded a few back and forth with Brandon Ford in Tampa back then...

mf959100GT
04-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Castrucci Ford in Alexandria ? They had a SBY Boss on the lot for awhile....

Yes sir that was it... We just got another bad ass car in stock today...a Grabber Blue 2013 Shelby GT500 with white stripes...sick as can be, if only they would let me take it down the road :(

rtvickers
04-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Yes sir that was it... We just got another bad ass car in stock today...a Grabber Blue 2013 Shelby GT500 with white stripes...sick as can be, if only they would let me take it down the road :(

So you work at Castrucci in Alexandria. Do you have a flyer for the 50th aniversery for the mustang cruise in at UAW on Reading RD? I got a text today about it. I was going to post it up on here. I think it would be awesome to get a bunch of SBZ's to show up. I mean its a mustang cruise in. Its says refreshments provided by Castrucci of Milford and Alexandria.

What do you do at Castrucci? We bring our cop cars out there. We get some of our parts there also.

mf959100GT
04-23-2013, 11:16 PM
So you work at Castrucci in Alexandria. Do you have a flyer for the 50th aniversery for the mustang cruise in at UAW on Reading RD? I got a text today about it. I was going to post it up on here. I think it would be awesome to get a bunch of SBZ's to show up. I mean its a mustang cruise in. Its says refreshments provided by Castrucci of Milford and Alexandria.

What do you do at Castrucci? We bring our cop cars out there. We get some of our parts there also.

No I haven't seen anything about that, I'll have to see if theres a flyer in the showroom, unfortunately I'm a lot tech...stop in sometime, if there is a silver gt next to the F-150's (the one in my profile pic) and I'm not busy I wouldn't care to clean a SBZ's car :bigthumb

2007ShelbyCobra
04-24-2013, 12:18 AM
idk how rare it was, but a guy I know had a Mystichrome 03 Vert, never seen another

redfirepearlgt
04-24-2013, 08:51 AM
There's a gorgeous 2014 GT500 stripe delete in Canyapple metallic at Beechmont. Someone leave me a 30K inheritance so I can go pick it up.

Black Horse
04-24-2013, 09:26 AM

Tell Tim Werking that he needs this car......

mf959100GT
04-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Tell Tim Werking that he needs this car......

Will do when I see him Saturday

Blkcobra01
04-25-2013, 12:52 AM
MWoods not deep enough for one now hopefully someday though that or a grabber orange gt500. Got any pics of yours? Is that a real 1993 Cobra next to it in your avatar? That's my favorite color on the 93.

MWoods26
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
MWoods not deep enough for one now hopefully someday though that or a grabber orange gt500. Got any pics of yours? Is that a real 1993 Cobra next to it in your avatar? That's my favorite color on the 93.

There's a few pics of my current Comp O in the "lets see the cars of stangbangerz" thread. That is a real 93 cobra in my aviator pic. I cant stand clones. I actully don't own either of those two cars anymore. That was the first Comp orange I owned an the 4th teal 93 cobra. I'm sure that sounds like BS but I have owned half a dozen real 93 cobras over the years and other than one black one all of them were teal. I'm in the market for a clean teal one right now but being very picky as it will be a keeper like the Comp Orange I have now is.

draggin50
04-25-2013, 09:41 AM
There's a few pics of my current Comp O in the "lets see the cars of stangbangerz" thread. That is a real 93 cobra in my aviator pic. I cant stand clones. I actully don't own either of those two cars anymore. That was the first Comp orange I owned an the 4th teal 93 cobra. I'm sure that sounds like BS but I have owned half a dozen real 93 cobras over the years and other than one black one all of them were teal. I'm in the market for a clean teal one right now but being very picky as it will be a keeper like the Comp Orange I have now is.

You sure you don't wanna sell that Comp Orange one?

MWoods26
04-25-2013, 11:37 AM
You sure you don't wanna sell that Comp Orange one?

Somebody once told me "everything is for sale" but it would take CRAZY money to buy my Comp Orange. I paid top of the market for it last year because it was the cleanest lowest mile coupe I could find in two years of searching. Ive spent a boat load on it since to set it up exactly how I want it and it would take a lottery winner to get it out of my garage.

SN95N/A
04-25-2013, 12:02 PM
So its not for sale lol

Blkcobra01
04-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Nice I don't like Cobra clones either especially when I see people post ads on Craigslist I've seen before 1992 Cobra didnt even have em in 92 etc. annoys me good luck on your search when you find what u want post pics. My favorite color on the 96-98 Cobra is Bright Atlantic Blue.