PDA

View Full Version : Good, quality, detailed electrician?

5.0calypso93lx
05-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Looking for an electrician for what I'm hoping is just a basic fix at my rental house. Anyone have any recommendations? Someone you've used before or come highly recommended? I'd like to have someone that is good at troubleshooting and not just installations, etc.

I have an issue somewhere with the smoke detectors all going off when the breaker is turned on and I'm not sure why. All batteries are new and I've already replaced two of them completely. I also have a few fixtures in the basement that don't work.

redfirepearlgt
05-21-2013, 06:11 PM
James the fixtures in the basement are likely just bad switches. Two screws, two terminal lugs and assemble in reverse order. Kill breakers feeding them before hand. I have replaced several in my older home over the years.

As for the fire system. Is it new? Do you have schematics for the system? PM me and let me know. If they require no ladder to get up to I could give you a hand trying to figure them out at no charge. Is this the house I have been to? OM me and let me know if you are free and I can be of some assistance. Won't cost you a thing for us to look at it aside from some of your time and it will get me out of the house for a while.

5.0calypso93lx
05-22-2013, 08:43 AM
James the fixtures in the basement are likely just bad switches. Two screws, two terminal lugs and assemble in reverse order. Kill breakers feeding them before hand. I have replaced several in my older home over the years.

As for the fire system. Is it new? Do you have schematics for the system? PM me and let me know. If they require no ladder to get up to I could give you a hand trying to figure them out at no charge. Is this the house I have been to? OM me and let me know if you are free and I can be of some assistance. Won't cost you a thing for us to look at it aside from some of your time and it will get me out of the house for a while.

Chad, I really appreciate it, but I just don't have the time to continue to troubleshoot. I've done about what I can and it just doesn't make financial sense to keep making trips and taking the time to head down there. I'm to the point now where I'm ready to pay someone to come out and do it right.

The fire system is just what came in the house when it was built in 2006. I don't have any schematics. I don't know what the exact issue is so I'm not sure if it would require a ladder or not.

The house is also located in New Richmond.

5.0calypso93lx
05-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Scratch that, Chad sending you a PM.

redfirepearlgt
05-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Scratch that, Chad sending you a PM.

PM returned.