PDA

View Full Version : Tuning School, anyone done it?

exrider416
06-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Has anyone taken the beginners and advanced course through the tuning school on SCT Tuning? It's alway something I was curious in learning and have plenty of time to learn while I'm down with my broken ankle.

NXcoupe
06-30-2013, 11:33 AM
They now have it online so you don't have to go to FL, but on the flipside, it sucks you don't get the hands-on experience of tuning a car on the dyno. Any education/training is worth the time imho. No matter what it is, as long as you are interested in learning it.

rtvickers
06-30-2013, 12:25 PM
I've thought hard about doing the online classes that sct offers. I was told they only teach you how to use their software. I don't know. I'm still debating.

9cobra4
06-30-2013, 09:40 PM
I've thought hard about doing the online classes that sct offers. I was told they only teach you how to use their software. I don't know. I'm still debating.

That may be true, but I'd say a lot of that knowledge would transfer over to be able to use on other software.

9cobra4
06-30-2013, 09:55 PM

That may be true, but I'd say a lot of that knowledge would transfer over to be able to use on other software.

exrider416
06-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Yeah. The only thing that kinda sucks is the handheld tuner package is only licensed to tune your own car and you need a license for each car you tune, unless you obviously bought a dealers package to tune any number of cars, but I'm sure that's outrageous!!

rtvickers
06-30-2013, 10:28 PM

Probably true. Id like to learn about tuning cars. I know a few things but not very much. With my current situation Im forced to do my own work on my car. Tuning is something I wish I could do. And Id like to know my car inside and out and tuning is something Im a little in the dark about. Im still thinking about looking into it a little more but my Girlfriend has some big things in the works for her career so Im gonna have to wait.

Mista Bone
07-01-2013, 04:05 AM
We have quite few great tuners in the area.

Now find one that understands how you recurve and rejet a 302 and translate it into modern tuning, well that is a rare beast.

Dave Blundell.

I did my part on the old school side, but Dave is up there on the new tech.

No idea how he translated my old school thoughts for MPG without killing performance, but Mad Matt Johnson got to see the results.

Mista Bone
07-01-2013, 04:06 AM

Now find one that understands how you recurve and rejet a 302 and translate it into modern tuning, well that is a rare beast.

Dave Blundell.

No idea how he translated my old school thoughts for MPG without killing performance, but Mad Matt Johnson got to see the results.

Gearhead
07-01-2013, 06:42 AM

Dave Blundell.

And, what does any of this gibberish have to do with the OP's question ? I've said it plenty of times before to you.....read what you type before posting and see if it makes sense to anybody except yourself.

NXcoupe
07-01-2013, 08:59 AM

Look into EFI 101, it's a tuning class that teaches basic tuning skills, without centering around tuning software.