PDA

View Full Version : Kil-Kare 7/26 Friday Night Lightz???

redfirepearlgt
07-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Thinking about going to go to this on Friday 7/26 to watch and hang out. I am taking the day off to go.

Anyone wish to meet up?

rtvickers
07-22-2013, 08:40 AM
As of now I plan on going.

mustang_gt88
07-22-2013, 08:45 AM
I will plan on going also

cstreu1026
07-22-2013, 09:19 AM
If I can get some time to finish up some little things on the car this week I may try to make it out there.

redfirepearlgt
07-22-2013, 06:23 PM
If I can get some time to finish up some little things on the car this week I may try to make it out there.

Now that would be cool. I can't remember if we have ever met. IT has been a while or was a very short meet n greet if we did.

4n_eatr
07-22-2013, 07:48 PM
What's Friday night lights? Is this a new thing? Lol. Usually go up on Saturdays when my buddy races.

rtvickers
07-22-2013, 07:55 PM
What's Friday night lights? Is this a new thing? Lol. Usually go up on Saturdays when my buddy races.

Its new but its not. The last 2 yrs it was at Edgewater on Thursday nights and it was called Thursday Night Lightz. The moved it to Kilkare and its on Friday's.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFridayNightLightz

4n_eatr
07-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Ahh ok. I haven't been to Edgewater in years. I can't wait to see the new track at KK.

redfirepearlgt
07-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Ahh ok. I haven't been to Edgewater in years. I can't wait to see the new track at KK.

So that's a yes or a half no? LOL!!

4n_eatr
07-22-2013, 10:08 PM
So that's a yes or a half no? LOL!!

Lol, that's a yes. My girl and I will be there.

cstreu1026
07-23-2013, 01:42 PM
So how does the whole racing thing for this go? I want to make some passes in the car but it will be the first time downt the track with the current setup so I'm not sure if it would be the best time to for it.

rtvickers
07-23-2013, 04:59 PM
So how does the whole racing thing for this go? I want to make some passes in the car but it will be the first time downt the track with the current setup so I'm not sure if it would be the best time to for it.

Its basically like test n tune until like 9 or 930. That's when they start the eliminations. classes are index racing. I think a 13.0 class, 11.50 class, a class called king of the street, it maybe a 10.0 class. And theres a class called kings throw down. Which it pretty much open. And theres 2 bike classes.

2007ShelbyCobra
07-23-2013, 05:37 PM
I should be there so long as my car makes it back together. I wont compete but may do some call outs :)

rtvickers
07-23-2013, 05:45 PM
I should be there so long as my car makes it back together. I wont compete but may do some call outs :)

Uh Oh! Who ya callin' out?

redfirepearlgt
07-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Its basically like test n tune until like 9 or 930. That's when they start the eliminations. classes are index racing. I think a 13.0 class, 11.50 class, a class called king of the street, it maybe a 10.0 class. And theres a class called kings throw down. Which it pretty much open. And theres 2 bike classes.

Man that's a lot of racin and a lot of hamburger eatin.

rtvickers
07-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Man that's a lot of racin and a lot of hamburger eatin.

Lol. I forgot about the burnout competition and the 1/4 mile beer run. Kind of like a half-time entertainment.

chad393na
07-23-2013, 06:30 PM

Get there early and test and tune so you can figure out the best class for you. I recommend the 11.50 class, 13.0 class is too slow for you and the other 2 are too fast. Even if you're faster than 11.5 you can slow it down. DO NOT hit your brakes to keep from breaking out! Immediate disqualification!

rtvickers
07-23-2013, 06:34 PM
. DO NOT hit your brakes to keep from breaking out! Immediate disqualification!

Is that something they brought up in the drivers meeting?

chad393na
07-23-2013, 06:34 PM
I know it seems like lame ass bracket racing, but it's a blast!!!!!

chad393na
07-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Is that something they brought up in the drivers meeting?

It's what I was told. No brake lights before the end of the track.

rtvickers
07-23-2013, 06:36 PM
I know it seems like lame ass bracket racing, but it's a blast!!!!!

I agree, its a great time.

rtvickers
07-23-2013, 06:44 PM
It's what I was told. No brake lights before the end of the track.

Damn that sucks. Who told you that, the FNL staff? Sometimes I cant hear what their saying. Lol

2007ShelbyCobra
07-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Uh Oh! Who ya callin' out?

Anything there that makes a lot of power and has a terrible driver. Most likely a Honda or GTO

redfirepearlgt
07-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Lol. I forgot about the burnout competition and the 1/4 mile beer run. Kind of like a half-time entertainment.

Man!!! All that entertainment for $10??? That's better than the flea circus!!! But DAG! We'll be gettin home after the rooster wakes up. My neighbor will probably report to my wife I was out cattin all night. I'm gonna need a nap at some point in the evening. Do they provide any hospitality suites? I'll probably have a psychological hang over just because of how late I will get home!!!! When my wife sees me Sunday her first words will be. "What have you been up to?" My parents will ground me, and I'm almost 50. The crack of Fawn will see me and say, "Wow! you've aged." Poor old Oscar will fall asleep on the drive home and his headlights will shut off on me. But on an up note at that late hour all the drunks will either be in jail or asleep so the roads should be more than safe.

rtvickers
07-23-2013, 07:23 PM
I think I was home around 12:30 last time. And I had to make a stop in KY first on the way home. We should all meet up somewhere at Kilkare at a specific time. Id like to meet some people I haven't meet yet. Here's my number you guys can text me or call me. 859 322 3159. Im the fat guy named Tommy.

redfirepearlgt
07-23-2013, 07:39 PM
So what time Friday and where do you wish to meet at to drive up? I have only been to Kil-Kare once so I have no idea where at Kil-Kare to meet at with the Dayton folk.

4n_eatr
07-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Ill probably just give Tommy a call or text when I get up there.

rtvickers
07-23-2013, 08:25 PM
So what time Friday and where do you wish to meet at to drive up? I have only been to Kil-Kare once so I have no idea where at Kil-Kare to meet at with the Dayton folk.

I don't know how early you want to get there. Gates open at 6p. Its about an hour from my house in Eastgate. How about we meet at the Speedway at the corner of Fields Ertel Rd and mason Montgomery rd. You pick the time. It don't matter to me. We can get there when the gates open if you want. There's usually a line there anyway. It went quick last time. I get off at 2p so Im open for a meeting time.

4n_eatr
07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Does the KK military discount apply? Or is it a seperate entity?

rtvickers
07-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Does the KK military discount apply? Or is it a seperate entity?

I think Zerolift rents the track. Im not sure. You'll have to ask at the gate or call them before you head out. KK runs the track and Zerolift runs the racing.

redfirepearlgt
07-23-2013, 09:43 PM
I don't know how early you want to get there. Gates open at 6p. Its about an hour from my house in Eastgate. How about we meet at the Speedway at the corner of Fields Ertel Rd and mason Montgomery rd. You pick the time. It don't matter to me. We can get there when the gates open if you want. There's usually a line there anyway. It went quick last time. I get off at 2p so Im open for a meeting time.

I'll call you in the morning. You don't want to be near that intersection at 6pm on any night especially a Friday night. Every yup in Mason is trying to get through that intersection.

rtvickers
07-23-2013, 10:22 PM
That's cool. Here's how I get there. I hit 275 to 71N and get off at the Lebanon exit and head up 42N to 35W. What about somewhere on Montgomery Rd. Like the Melting Pot. Don't matter to me just let me know.

redfirepearlgt
07-24-2013, 09:11 AM
That's cool. Here's how I get there. I hit 275 to 71N and get off at the Lebanon exit and head up 42N to 35W. What about somewhere on Montgomery Rd. Like the Melting Pot. Don't matter to me just let me know.

Lets meet up at the Shell station on Kings Mill Road exit. THe one that has the Popeyes. That would be a lot less congested @ that time of day. I'm up for 5:00pm if that works for you or earlier if you like. I want ot get my whole $10 worth. LOL! I won't bother calling you.

rtvickers
07-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Lets meet up at the Shell station on Kings Mill Road exit. THe one that has the Popeyes. That would be a lot less congested @ that time of day. I'm up for 5:00pm if that works for you or earlier if you like. I want ot get my whole $10 worth. LOL! I won't bother calling you.

Sounds good to me.

You can call anytime you need to.

redfirepearlgt
07-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Anyone wanting to meet and cruise at 5pm is welcome. Kings Mill Road exit off I-71N at the Shell station...

cstreu1026
07-26-2013, 11:50 PM
It was great to meet some new people and finally makes a few passes in the the car. I have some gremlins to deal with and its begging for some shorter gears but it was an over-all positive experience tonight and the new racing surface is nice.

redfirepearlgt
07-27-2013, 01:12 AM
Had a great time tonight. Glad to finally put a face to cstreu1026 (Cameron). Was a fun night. Ate plenty of pulled pork sandwiches. Those are the bomb and maybe even a chance of being better than a McRib with or without pickles.

rtvickers
07-27-2013, 01:20 AM
I had a great time. It was good to see everybody and meet some new people. We should do it again sometime. I hope to see you guys on Sunday.

The car looked and sounded awesome Cameron.

Rick93coupe
07-27-2013, 01:36 AM
You guys that are coming up from Cincy, there's a car meet at Lafino's on Fridays just a few miles from the track, would be a good meeting point and there's a lot if nice hot rods out there. I was out there tonight but didn't make it to the track.

NXcoupe
07-27-2013, 09:06 AM
I made it to the track to help Cameron out. Usually I hate going to the track to spectate, it just bugs me that I don't have a car done. But going last night motivated me, and it was great to see Cam enjoy his car after all the work we put into it. It needs a two step, a new tach/shiftlight, and gears, and then I think low 11's is there for him.
Overall, it was a pretty cool event. I'd like to go and run my blistering 12 sec car there when I get it done. It'll be cool to go back down KK again. I'll just have more time to enjoy the track as I drive down it. lol.

NXcoupe
07-27-2013, 09:06 AM
I made it to the track to help Cameron out. Usually I hate going to the track to spectate, it just bugs me that I don't have a car done. But going last night motivated me, and it was great to see Cam enjoy his car after all the work we put into it. It needs a two step, a new tach/shiftlight, and gears, and then I think low 11's is there for him.
Overall, it was a pretty cool event. I'd like to go and run my blistering 12 sec car there when I get it done. It'll be cool to go back down KK again. I'll just have more time to enjoy the track as I drive down it. lol.

Racin Jason
07-27-2013, 01:19 PM
hey Mike, it was nice seeing you at the track again. Its been awhile