PDA

View Full Version : C4 builders

Galaxie
08-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Anyone have a tranny guys who have built a C4 to be able to handle 600 hp or more is it worth it . I dont have a lot of options beings I have a 2.3 .

bangingears
08-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Anyone have a tranny guys who have built a C4 to be able to handle 600 hp or more is it worth it . I dont have a lot of options beings I have a 2.3 .

I have built many........but don't really understand the question

dr59l
08-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Yes with good clutch set up lube mods an forward planetary

Galaxie
08-02-2013, 07:44 AM
I am just having trouble keeping it together and not sure what is all needed to keep it together . Trans held fine at lower hp level but it seems to be coming out as fast as I can put it back in . My tranny guy is more of a Gm guy and I called a few shops and know one really seemed confident on being able to build a C4 to take 600 hp or the fact of on what all is needed to do so . Is the C4 worth trying to be able to do it ? On a 2.3 I dont have many options unless I buy a bell adapter to convert it to small block pattern . I keep burning high gear clutches up ,broke an input shaft . I have the hardened input shaft now and the good planetary .

dr59l
08-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Prob starving for fluid if u use deep pan u also need longer pick up. Call or email broader performance. Jay sells every part to build em up cheap an he machines his own pressure plates etc. Most time u burn hi gear its from fluid starvation fill it too hi it cavitates an fluid heats up an foams

bangingears
08-02-2013, 12:21 PM
I am just having trouble keeping it together and not sure what is all needed to keep it together . Trans held fine at lower hp level but it seems to be coming out as fast as I can put it back in . My tranny guy is more of a Gm guy and I called a few shops and know one really seemed confident on being able to build a C4 to take 600 hp or the fact of on what all is needed to do so . Is the C4 worth trying to be able to do it ? On a 2.3 I dont have many options unless I buy a bell adapter to convert it to small block pattern . I keep burning high gear clutches up ,broke an input shaft . I have the hardened input shaft now and the good planetary .

600 hp is a cake walk with a c4, 1000hp is a different story....... really any decent performance trans builder should be able to build a 600 hp trans.