PDA

View Full Version : The 2015 Ford Mustang spy kits

pegasus
08-01-2013, 03:21 PM
http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-ford-mustang-races-other-ford-concepts-in-ariz-990949712?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_faceboo k&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

4n_eatr
08-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I really hope it looks good and I REALLY hope they don't make a 4 door... I remember year ago when Ford was toying with the idea of a "retro" version of the Fox. Probably would have screwed it up though....

pegasus
08-15-2013, 12:14 PM
http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-ford-mustang-could-go-on-a-massive-diet-1148799546

and we are back to the mustangII less weight smaller 4banger (although it will be a ecoboost 4banger from what I hear )

redfirepearlgt
08-15-2013, 01:02 PM
So whats the surprise? Bye-bye american muscle, hello euro-trash-clone-car. Bought my last new Mustang last year. I feel sorry for Ford Dealers across the country having to peddle this crap. Should help GM sales no doubt.

mustangboy
08-15-2013, 01:16 PM
I don't see the problem. The current mustang is a pig and needs put on a diet. So it should be more fox body size with twice the power of a fox. I say win win

redfirepearlgt
08-15-2013, 02:06 PM
I don't see the problem. The current mustang is a pig and needs put on a diet. So it should be more fox body size with twice the power of a fox. I say win win

Agree make the fox body return. But to weigh 400 less it will need to be lighter than a fox body. But don't make it look like a european clone car coming off an Asian assembly line.

Kevin1989
08-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Yea I hope it doesn't look like that picture

redfirepearlgt
08-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Agree make the fox body return. But to weigh 400 less it will need to be lighter than a fox body. But don't make it look like a european clone car coming off an Asian assembly line.

Referencing Foxbody GT curb weight that is.

Maybe they could release another LX 5.0 version. Now that would be cool. Coyote 351 CID TREMEC T56 or TR6060, Nice mild cowl hood, improve lighting, smooth the body lines a bit, open the wheel wells, something nicer than plaid cloth interior, some ergonomic improvements from the driver's sitting position, 18" wheels, 5 lugs, 31splines, track aps, track package, Brembo brakes, 3.55 Detroit locker stock (3.73,3.90,4.10 options), and sell the thing as a 351 CID powered American made muscle car. And some wicked exhaust...no electric cut outs.

Finally make a special Yellow Chrome limited edition in a vert, and I would consider buying a new one a last time.

NO FREAKING HALO HEADLIGHTS!!!

cstreu1026
08-15-2013, 09:16 PM
I read to day that the 2015 will be at least 400 lbs lighter. Some may not like it but it sounds like it is becoming a true sports car.

sean
08-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I like it... But i also like the 2012 ss camaro I had. Things are going to change and the fox isn't coming back.... No matter what they do to screw this car up you will still like it and find something to defend about it when the Chevy boys start poking fun. in my opinion there needs to be a nice sounding v8 under the hood. Ford needs a car that's like the vette. When you see a vette you don't wonder if it's the gt, lx, gts, cobra, Canadian cobra, svo,4,6,8cyl or a turbo4. There's more but you get it. Ford need a car that is simply what it needs to be. A sport v8 car that's competitively priced that doesn't need approval from the masses. Doesn't need to serve as a cramped family car. There's just few choices out there and it seems the old reliable stand by choices are getting silly.

coleary1992
08-15-2013, 10:37 PM
ford needs a base v8 that starts at 25k. make the gt start at 30k and bring back the n/a cobra like the 90's.

firestang70
08-15-2013, 11:16 PM
I will wait till I get to see the new car. It won't be a retro look and people screaming about it. The fox body was not retro styled nor was the New Edge and they sold plenty of those. I love the current would just like it lighter. The power train is amazing, handles great, interior is great.
The new car will have IRS so I won't drag race it. People wanting a no option LX car to race , it's called a Cobra Jet. The newer Mustang have had a lot of special models and that trend will continue. I'm sure we will see a direct injection Coyote in a special edition. So I will wait before I pass judgement.

Gearhead
08-16-2013, 05:54 AM
ford needs a base v8 that starts at 25k. make the gt start at 30k and bring back the n/a cobra like the 90's.

Huh? You can buy a new 2013-14 base Mustang GT for well under 30k.....

A 1993 Cobra when new stickered for approx. 22-23k, today's Mustang is a bargain.

A bunch of whiners in here, we're lucky we still have the Mustang around.

redfirepearlgt
08-16-2013, 09:06 AM
I like it... But i also like the 2012 ss camaro I had. Things are going to change and the fox isn't coming back.... No matter what they do to screw this car up you will still like it and find something to defend about it when the Chevy boys start poking fun. in my opinion there needs to be a nice sounding v8 under the hood. Ford needs a car that's like the vette. When you see a vette you don't wonder if it's the gt, lx, gts, cobra, Canadian cobra, svo,4,6,8cyl or a turbo4. There's more but you get it. Ford need a car that is simply what it needs to be. A sport v8 car that's competitively priced that doesn't need approval from the masses. Doesn't need to serve as a cramped family car. There's just few choices out there and it seems the old reliable stand by choices are getting silly.

When Ford screws the pooch from my standpoint of taste I don't back them up. I was never a fan of the 10-12 (sorry dale) becasue of the back end. Was not a fan of many of the 70's era Mustangs at all. In fact during that time I was a T/A man. I was also a big fan of he 1981 Camaro Z-28.

One thing I can say for Government Motors is that they remain loyal to American styling. I only wish they would have kept Pontiac and dropped the vette. But then we would have old men suffering from depression and no means of transportation to get to Hooters on weekdays.

LAst I believe I stand corrected. As I was watching the morning news (work 2nd shift these days) , I realized it really isn't DIRECT eurostyling Ford is pulling from IF this photoop hyperlink is to be the 2015 body. THEY HAVE STOLEN FROM KIA AND ARE TRYING TO COPY THE CADENZA.

4n_eatr
08-16-2013, 10:26 AM
THEY HAVE STOLEN FROM KIA AND ARE TRYING TO COPY THE CADENZA.

Lord I hope not. I'm going to keep quiet an wait until they unveil it. We've been through this enough to know the "concepts" never quite turn out like production cars (Mach III, anyone?) so hopefully they'll tone it down a bit. We shall see.

pegasus
08-16-2013, 11:09 AM

ford GT.........

redfirepearlgt
08-16-2013, 11:54 AM
I guess in the end it really doesn't matter. I have purchased my last new mustang. It is time to focus on used cars that can be as much if not more fun. I still want a termy and another S197 05-09 or GT500 07-09.

sean
08-16-2013, 01:01 PM
ford GT.........

Competitively priced. That was a cool car but it was never a mass produced car. Neatcar but it was just a look what I can do car. Ford gt doesn't count. If it did you would see more of them. Ford needs a pure v8 sports car in their lineup. If it seats more than two that's great. That's really the only thing I don't like about my c6. Other than that it's perfect.

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 01:19 PM
in my opinion there needs to be a nice sounding v8 under the hood. Ford needs a car that's like the vette. When you see a vette you don't wonder if it's the gt, lx, gts, cobra, Canadian cobra, svo,4,6,8cyl or a turbo4.

Because a Vette has a nice sounding V8 right?

sean
08-16-2013, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=Pitbull1052;765124]Because a Vette has a nice sounding V8

Yes it does. As does plenty of other non ford cars out there. Put the right parts on most v8 cars and it can sound very nice.

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I'd beg to differ I just drove a 2013 GS Vette 6 speed for two days, from the drivers seat you don't hear a thing with the top out until it hits about 5,000 rpms I'm not saying Ford cars are the best sounding cars in the world I'm just saying the $85,000 Vette I was just driving leaves something to be desired in the world of a nice sounding V-8......

sean
08-16-2013, 02:07 PM
How'd you like the rest of the car? Stock for stock there ate few nice sounding v8 cars out there. I'll give you that. But how any people keep the stock exhaust? My borla sounds pretty nice. I really think my Mach was the best sounding active had. That or the calypso fox I had with Mac on it. Still doesn't take away the fact that ford need to stop trying to please everyone with one platform.

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Well I've always been a Corvette fan and If I can get a picture to load i'll post it up as it has about everything you can get on a GS, blacked out wheels black with red stitched leather, sued inserts good year F1's you name it has it. But it's a very civilized car compared to my Mustang which is a 347 6-speed car with 4:10's that i've ran against this vette and roasted it 2 out of 3 times it only got me the third time because I smoked the tires in 3rd and 4th. But it's a great "sports" car rides great handles great I mean you point the nose and it goes where you want it to at just about any speed. The a/c worked great!!!!!!! as my car doesnt even have air. lol It was very nice to driver as a birthday gift for two days I know that.

I told my 7 year old that I traded the Stang for the Vette she went over looked at it came back shaking HER head and said I am so mad what a bad choice! Then I took her for a ride in the Vette all she wanted to do was play with the power seat as she was bored and I wasnt taking it easy. She said "I wouldnt trade 10 of those Vette's for "my" Mustang" lol

So bottom line is I guess I'd like to have both the Vette and my Stang but the Vette would make a bad driver look good and my Stang would make a good driver look bad..........

sean
08-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Lol. That's awesome. The shit I got from my wife and daughter when it got rid of the 2011 gt for the 2012 camaro 45th ss was priceless. Then a week later when I brought the vette home it was the same. The base c6 compared to the 2011 gt is apples to oranges. Both nice in their own ways. Did you notice the attention you got in that vette? Lol people are nuts. That and the other vette drivers that wave at you. My whole point is Chevy didn't care what everyone thought about the vette. The kept the car true to what it is. I'm not saying that Chevy is great either. I like their trucks but the restof the line up is just as boring as the rest. That and have you seen the price on the new impala???? Stupid.

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Well I actually get more attention in my Mustang than I do in the Vette but then again a 2013 Vette should look new a 1989 GT shouldnt look as nice as the Vette and I think mine does. I did notice we became apart of the Corvette club as every Vette didnt matter if it was old or new waved as if we were on a harley.........

That's what has kept Corvette as the longest lived sports car in American History is that they've typically kept it true to the heritage of the car.

sean
08-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Well I actually get more attention in my Mustang than I do in the Vette but then again a 2013 Vette should look new a 1989 GT shouldnt look as nice as the Vette and I think mine does. I had an older couple once on the way to powder coat kenny's actually miss their turn light because they were talking to each other about my Mustang. I did notice we became apart of the Corvette club as every Vette didnt matter if it was old or new waved as if we were on a harley.........

That's what has kept Corvette as the longest lived sports car in American History is that they've typically kept it true to the heritage of the car.

For sure. That calypso fox I had got a ton of attention. The wave thing in the vette is just funny. I had someone laying on the horn yesterday as I passed waving like I was in a parade. It is kinda fun, especially if your in a bad mood.

firestang70
08-16-2013, 03:02 PM
My 11 mustang gets plenty of attention. I like Vettes but the interior just plain sucks. It has great looks , performance, and then they ran out if time and money on the interior. From what I have seen they have addressed that in the c7. Ford hasn't had a sports car in a long time and why should they? The Vette sells in very small numbers when they have that market cornered, Ford would be stupid to enter that market.

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 03:07 PM
My 11 mustang gets plenty of attention. I like Vettes but the interior just plain sucks. It has great looks , performance, and then they ran out if time and money on the interior. From what I have seen they have addressed that in the c7. Ford hasn't had a sports car in a long time and why should they? The Vette sells in very small numbers when they have that market cornered, Ford would be stupid to enter that market.

idk I'll try and get some pictures of the interior on the Vette I'm talking about but again it's a 2013 with black leather red stitching on everything the dash, steering wheel, shifter boot everywhere and it's pretty sharp.

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 03:08 PM
For sure. That calypso fox I had got a ton of attention. The wave thing in the vette is just funny. I had someone laying on the horn yesterday as I passed waving like I was in a parade. It is kinda fun, especially if your in a bad mood.

I can't say that I've ever been in a bad mood driving my car lol

sean
08-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Yesterday was a bad day. Lol he's is for sure right about the more base vettes. The interior on my c6 is terrible compared to other sports cars of similar price. I get it that they want to keep down weight but damn. I guess since they don't offer a six cyl to lower price they skimp on the interior. Had I been looking at vettes and had different models to choose from I would have got a better interior package. But since I sell cars and this one came in on trade with under 20,000 miles and I got it for a steal I'm good with it. It's still better than the base interior you get in the newer mustangs though.

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 03:27 PM

Finally figured out how to get it to post.....

firestang70
08-16-2013, 03:28 PM
I had base interior in mine I upgraded to leather seats and steering wheel in mine and its better than any Vette interior I've seen. Different strokes I guess. The only thing I dislike is the base stereo system. It sucks balls, big nasty hairy ones.

chris91
08-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Brad I bet you were in a bad mood driving your car when that 4k dollar tranny dropped. LoL Shit I know I was in a great mood driving mine and went to straight kill mode when mine died. :)

And WOW you posted a pic of your car!!! Hell has frozen over!! Haha

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Brad I bet you were in a bad mood driving your car when that 4k dollar tranny dropped. LoL Shit I know I was in a great mood driving mine and went to straight kill mode when mine died. :)

eh that's different and it only cost me 900 to fix it lol plus I was close enough to home that I just nailed the skinny pedal and coasted into my driveway..... I'd say it was more of a sad about ready to cry kind of mood lol and I know right lol you know me I'm not all posty about pics of my car hell other than the 20x30 hanging in my closet this might be only about the 4 or 5 pic I have of it lol

chris91
08-16-2013, 03:52 PM
LoL I got lucky with mine too. Had fourth gear left and got it home all the way from the turkeyfoot exit. Clutch wasn't too happy but I got it there. Haha

I have a nice pic of yours from after I detailed it still in my photobucket account.

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 03:59 PM
post her up lol

chris91
08-16-2013, 04:11 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/blown94ls/024-1.jpg

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 04:15 PM
she looks shiny lol

chris91
08-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Okay back on topic they better not make the mustang look like a f'in KIA...

Pitbull1052
08-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Okay back on topic they better not make the mustang look like a f'in KIA...

or a stretched out Fusion

redfirepearlgt
08-16-2013, 08:23 PM

Dude...It's your magnetic personality. Its not the vette. And those guys in other vettes waving at you?.....I don't know but I think you may be being a little NAIVE. LOL!!!

mustangjon
08-16-2013, 08:44 PM
I think they are actually waving at Sean they could care less about the car.... You know how them Vette guys are.....

sean
08-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Lol. When I had my miata I would agree. I hated when people waved in those. Fun car but a bit gay.

mustang8998
08-17-2013, 08:09 AM
I would walk across the top of this....

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25335&thumb=1&d=1376681178

To look at this....

The 'Vette is a cookie cutter Sports Car, where that Fox has character.

Now, as for the new Mustang, I'll wait for the final production car to make that call.

1baddlx
08-17-2013, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=Pitbull1052;765124]Because a Vette has a nice sounding V8

Yes it does. As does plenty of other non ford cars out there. Put the right parts on most v8 cars and it can sound very nice.

Bring back the chevette....with a corvette engine

mustangjon
08-17-2013, 09:17 AM
They put hemis in pt cruisers.... Why not

redfirepearlgt
08-17-2013, 12:19 PM
I would walk across the top of this....

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25335&thumb=1&d=1376681178

To look at this....

The 'Vette is a cookie cutter Sports Car, where that Fox has character.

Now, as for the new Mustang, I'll wait for the final production car to make that call.

okay...I just had to go wipe my myself off. That is a beautiful Fox.

sean
08-17-2013, 11:47 PM
It is a beautiful fox. Still a mass produced cookie cutter as well though. Please don't park that fox by my car so he doesn't go walking across it. Lol

Stangman
08-18-2013, 02:47 AM
Brad's fox is gorgeous...

mustang8998
08-18-2013, 07:27 AM
It is a beautiful fox. Still a mass produced cookie cutter as well though. Please don't park that fox by my car so he doesn't go walking across it. Lol

WAS cookie cutter. Once upon a time, they were everywhere. Now, when you see one (if it is nice), it's much more appreciated.

I'll make sure to wear my golf cleats!!!

:lol:

sean
08-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Lol jerk. At least wear slippers will ya.

04 Venom
08-18-2013, 08:03 PM

The Vette interior doesn't compare to the considerably more expensive P-cars, Aston Martin, Ferrari, etc. Compare to the Stang? Winner, Vette.

firestang70
08-18-2013, 09:34 PM
The Vette interior doesn't compare to the considerably more expensive P-cars, Aston Martin, Ferrari, etc. Compare to the Stang? Winner, Vette.

Your opinion and mine differ C6 vs S197. The Vette supercar looks,handling,braking and a Cavalier level interior.

firestang70
08-18-2013, 09:38 PM
But then again not sure why people compare the Vette and Mustang. Two different segment cars. Now compare Camaro vs Mustang interior again my opinion Mustang wins again. Then again not a fan of the new Camaro in general.

sean
08-18-2013, 10:30 PM
The 2012 45th anniv camaro ss I had killed the interior of the mustang. Hands down. Had red white Nd blue stitching factory hurst shifter and 45th emblems throughout.http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/fta1976/2013-02-21_12-33-41_226_zps01340382.jpg

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/fta1976/2013-02-21_12-34-54_204_zpscc06a562.jpg
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/fta1976/2013-02-21_12-33-32_174_zpsc3119837.jpg

firestang70
08-18-2013, 10:49 PM
You liked it so much you had it a week! Lol I know you like the new Camaro , I do not. I see cheesy gauges to mimic the retro style. The center stack doesn't impress either. My 401 upgrade leather gray with grabber striping and stitching looks better. Driven several and loved the blind spots all the car. I'll never change your mind, you'll never change mine. Enjoy your Vette till you sell it and ill enjoy my car with supposed inferior interior, ergonomics, handling, and acceleration:rolleyes:

redfirepearlgt
08-18-2013, 11:21 PM
The 2012 45th anniv camaro ss I had killed the interior of the mustang. Hands down. Had red white Nd blue stitching factory hurst shifter and 45th emblems throughout.

Give me a freakin break. The interior of the camaro is as uglier to look at than a Phyllis Dille nude spread in Playboy . A 6 year old kid with a set of playschool building blocks and an 8 count of jumbo crayons could be more creative than the nimrod that got paid to come up with that interior. It is butt! That is the stupidest dash layout I have yet to see. Those ignorant looking plus sign knobs, those seats look like they came out of the Millineum falcon, and that throw back attempt at the main instrument panel and gauges looks just cheap and slapped together. The only thing that looks good on the interior of that car is 8% window tint to hide that interior. Get off the freakin GM Kool-aid crack pipe.

mustang8998
08-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Lol jerk. At least wear slippers will ya.

It's all good. Opinions are like .... Well, you know. I'm only 52, so I have 13 years and a lot more hair to lose, before Vettes look appealing.

Can I borrow your slippers? I don't own any.

4n_eatr
08-19-2013, 09:50 AM
I really like the new Mustang interiors. Just feel better made than the Camaros. I haven't seen the new Vette interiors but my buddies Vette just seemed outdated. I DO like the fact that the door controls were weather resistant. Wish they would do that for the mustangs.

sean
08-19-2013, 10:00 AM
My mustang was a fun car. The inside and that stripe on the seats took some getting uses to for sure. I just got tired of the car. I liked the camaro but I stole the vette or I'd still have it. I'm only 40 and I like vettes. One day ill get another mustang. No idea what year. I need a family car so something from 64 and a half and up.

furiouslyfaster
08-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Who listens to the band "Fun" anyways................ j/k also I expected to see some BBQ from the Mcrib all over the interior lol.

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/fta1976/2013-02-21_12-34-54_204_zpscc06a562.jpg

furiouslyfaster
08-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Maybe the mustang won't be as ugly as everyone thinks. Just got an email from Motortrend today http://wot.motortrend.com/spied-2015-ford-mustang-caught-without-camo-396531.html#axzz2cjZe36Og From what I can see of the front it isn't totally hideous. Just sayin.

http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2013/08/2015-Ford-Mustang-prototype-front-1-796x528.jpghttp://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2013/08/2015-Ford-Mustang-prototype-front-three-quarter-turning-796x528.jpghttp://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2013/08/2015-Ford-Mustang-prototype-front-6-796x528.jpg

facemelter71
08-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Taurus with a v8? Screw the convertible. Keep that shit for the miata crowd. Shed 800 pounds off that man-bear-pig beast then make some real power. Has hood stylings of a Volvo S60 and lower left and right fog light holes also look like the new S60.

Throw a turbo on it from the factory and call it done. Leave the IRS on the shelf and throw a solid 8.8 in it,pull your skirt up and hit it with your purse.

rtvickers
08-22-2013, 05:56 PM
I was hoping they wouldn't use that front end. I liked when it came out on other cars at first but Im over it now. Im still on the fence about it. I wonder if Nascar had an influence on it.

smytty
08-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Fusion front end with a couple more curves, thats about all you get...
As for the comments on the vette, you guys are crazy, they are pure sex on wheels....
Im a ford guy at heart but a vette is one smexy car. The vette is gaining alot of the newer generation, we just wait for the older guys to buy them new and then they are affordable....

As for the comments on the fox getting just as much attention, id havt to agrue on that one....
You put that fox and the vette next to eachother at a normal car show, ill bet 100$ right now it wouldnt be close on the looks and comments...

To each their own, but gotta give credit were its due....

pegasus
09-18-2013, 01:36 PM
http://www.stangtv.com/news/caught-on-camera-is-this-the-2015-svt-cobra-gt500-or-gt350/