PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for some football!!!

rtvickers
08-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Ah yeah. I know its only an exhibition game but its nice to have football on TV again. Cant wait until the 31st.

Yellow98Cobra
08-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Hells yes!

Kevin1989
08-04-2013, 10:37 PM
We need to have a Sbz night somewhere and watch a bengals game and drink beers

rtvickers
08-04-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm not a Bengals fan but I'm in. I like to watch them play but don't matter to me if they win or lose.

Kevin1989
08-04-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm not a Bengals fan but I'm in. I like to watch them play but don't matter to me if they win or lose.

I mainly use the bengals games as an excuse to drink beer on Sunday lol I could care less if they loose, ill watch it and pull for them but I don't get my hopes up l

rtvickers
08-04-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm a college football fan.

4n_eatr
08-05-2013, 08:13 AM
I try to get into College football every year but I can't keep up with all the players since they rotate in and out so much. I'm definitely a Bengals fan. I started when they were horrible (more so than now) and it hasn't changed. I still have a Jeff Blake jersey if that tells you anything, lol. But 3 of my cousins and my sister went to OSU so I'm kinda obligated to be a fan.

Yellow98Cobra
08-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Football cruise. Now that sounds like a good time. The only way it could get better is if it was at a strip club...LOL

redfirepearlgt
08-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Pro team sports are dead to me (NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA). I should have run over Mike Brown that time he stepped out in front of me (yes that really did happen). I was on the stadium plaza at Rfront. Providing a copier service call at the Benny-girls office. I had just finished and was pulling away and he stepped right in front of me. I came to a quick halt and he stared at me like I was being dared to move an inch further. He never hesitated in his gate. What a B-Hive!

I will watch College football but I prefer NCAA basketball. It seems though IMO that none of it is much fun to watch any more. With all the Vegas betting going on in every sport, (pro and college) one has to really wonder.

But I will use anything as an excuse to get the car out and do a cruise!!!

rtvickers
08-05-2013, 05:32 PM
I try to get into College football every year but I can't keep up with all the players since they rotate in and out so much. I'm definitely a Bengals fan. I started when they were horrible (more so than now) and it hasn't changed. I still have a Jeff Blake jersey if that tells you anything, lol. But 3 of my cousins and my sister went to OSU so I'm kinda obligated to be a fan.

My girlfriend and her sister graduated from OSU. Ive spent a lot of time in Columbus. Ive been an OSU fan for awhile. But I like to watch some other NCAAF teams play. We usually go to atleast one OSU game a year. I think were going to OSU vs Mich in Mich this year.

rtvickers
08-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Bengals play Thursday right? Hopefully its on regular TV. I don't have cable or sat.

Yellow98Cobra
08-05-2013, 07:23 PM
channel 5 and espn

4n_eatr
08-06-2013, 07:45 AM
My girlfriend and her sister graduated from OSU. Ive spent a lot of time in Columbus. Ive been an OSU fan for awhile. But I like to watch some other NCAAF teams play. We usually go to atleast one OSU game a year. I think were going to OSU vs Mich in Mich this year.

Nice! My buddy went to a game when he was at OSU and he said the games are crazy in person.

rtvickers
08-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Yeah. I've been to about 4 and it's always a great time. They have a condo up there and we just stay there.

redfirepearlgt
08-06-2013, 08:48 AM
So is OSU eligible this year or are they still on suspension, which was a BS scam to begin with? Jim Tressle (sp) was a great coach and still is. Much classier person than cooper ofr some of the other previous coaches.

I only started following them when I married into an OSU grad family. My sis-in-law did her grad work there. Just wish the students would learn to behave after games against teams like Texas, ND, and Mich. have to root against the min Basketball though. Born and raised a Southen indiana Hoosier. BIG 10 FTW!

04 Venom
08-07-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm a college football fan.

I also prefer the college game to pro football, but I watch both.

Yellow98Cobra
08-07-2013, 11:08 AM
So is OSU eligible this year or are they still on suspension, which was a BS scam to begin with? Jim Tressle (sp) was a great coach and still is. Much classier person than cooper ofr some of the other previous coaches.

I only started following them when I married into an OSU grad family. My sis-in-law did her grad work there. Just wish the students would learn to behave after games against teams like Texas, ND, and Mich. have to root against the min Basketball though. Born and raised a Southen indiana Hoosier. BIG 10 FTW!

They are good to win it all.

rtvickers
08-07-2013, 11:44 AM

I hated the sweater vest. He was way too passive and predicatable with his offense. And then all the crap he let his players get away with. He had a good record but really struggled in the big out of conference games. I agree it was bullcrap what happened. But they new the rules.

Katmandu
08-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Bengals play Thursday right? Hopefully its on regular TV. I don't have cable or sat. It's going to be another great season for the NFL !

Bengals look like they've finally got their shit together and "should" make a good run at the title. Steelers are hit-n-miss, lots of talent with not much depth, Ratbirds should be interesting to watch since their roster was decimated after the SuperBowl, Stains..... Does Cleveland even have a NFL team anymore ?

Should be a goodtime as long as people don't take NFL smack talk PERSONALLY. Have a few on here (and everywhere) that just love to HATE! That hatred ruins it for everybody. Keep your HATE to yourself.

I just order DirectTV with FREE Sunday Ticket a couple hours ago! I'm STOKED!

GAME ON !

rtvickers
08-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Well fellas, another preseason is upon us. If your going out to watch the game be careful and don't drink too much. You have to work in a.m.

Any predictions for tonight? I know the star players wont play but I have to say that I don't think its going to work out for Cincy tonight. Im not hating, just my opinion. I don't car who wins I just want to see a good game. Not a glorified high school/college game. I hope for the best for the Bengals.

beefcake
08-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Well fellas, another preseason is upon us. If your going out to watch the game be careful and don't drink too much. You have to work in a.m.

Any predictions for tonight? I know the star players wont play but I have to say that I don't think its going to work out for Cincy tonight. Im not hating, just my opinion. I don't car who wins I just want to see a good game. Not a glorified high school/college game. I hope for the best for the Bengals.

still thinking that...

rtvickers
08-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Nope. I'll give credit where credit is due. The Bengals looked very impressive tonight. Congrats Who Day nation.