Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
My buddy is having trouble joining bangerz?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My buddy is having trouble joining bangerz??

1986GT
08-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Can a mod PM me and I can give them his info so they can figure out whats going on. He said he tried several times with different emails. It says that he will receive an email to complete the process but he never gets one.

4n_eatr
08-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Join the club...

redfirepearlgt
08-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Spidee senses are tingling...:popcorn:

Oh never mind that was my phone on vibrate. LOL!

1986GT
08-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Join the club...

You telling me this is normal?

redfirepearlgt
08-07-2013, 07:29 PM

uh...very normal. my first handle expired and was never activated by the site after I signed up first in 2006. My second one a few years later was finally activated and approved in a few days. Just don't blame moderators. That is not within their control. Admin level action only and it may be limited to a few of those. I think its classified...:rolleyes:

4n_eatr
08-07-2013, 07:44 PM

Pretty much...

1986GT
08-07-2013, 07:46 PM
When I joined in 06' it was instant. I been hearing and reading that the site was going down hill but I didn't know it was so bad new people couldn't even join. What a waste of a kick ass site. Sucks cause its the closest Stang site to me. I love the classifieds but its nothing like it used to be. Well I told my buddy I would talk to a mod and get him on but the way you guys talk that's not happening?????

4n_eatr
08-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Check out Tommy's post in "newbies" section...

rtvickers
08-07-2013, 09:18 PM
I didn't start that thread to cause any problems. I seriously thought that people were signing up but not posting. I was trying to invite them to participate.

redfirepearlgt
08-07-2013, 09:43 PM
When I joined in 06' it was instant. I been hearing and reading that the site was going down hill but I didn't know it was so bad new people couldn't even join. What a waste of a kick ass site. Sucks cause its the closest Stang site to me. I love the classifieds but its nothing like it used to be. Well I told my buddy I would talk to a mod and get him on but the way you guys talk that's not happening?????

And you are very right on with this statement. It WAS an AWESOME site. I stand by you on the stang site as well. I hate those big national sites. Talk about a tad pole in Lake Erie.

beefcake
08-07-2013, 10:00 PM
I tried moderating the users, but i'm having trouble getting it to work, I don't know if it's a vbulletin issue or what

4n_eatr
08-07-2013, 10:12 PM
I didn't start that thread to cause any problems. I seriously thought that people were signing up but not posting. I was trying to invite them to participate.

I wasn't trying to say you started anything. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just referring to Chads explanation of the moderators abilities and limitations and my comments about the fact that there are no Admins in the newbies section to address any questions they may have about the site and in the site help section.
I know it's a long shot, but I haven't given up hope on this site. We just need some admins that care about it.

4n_eatr
08-07-2013, 10:17 PM
I tried moderating the users, but i'm having trouble getting it to work, I don't know if it's a vbulletin issue or what

I think the vbulletin needs an update, which I know this has been covered. There's plenty of people on here (including myself) that would love to throw $15/20 a year into a sponsorship like some other sites to help with costs. I looked at getting vBulletin for my site when I get it up and running and with Vendors and 10/15/20 people sponsoring it, it essentially takes care of itself, with some left over for morale things (cruise ins, shirts, stickers, etc)

4n_eatr
08-07-2013, 10:19 PM

I wouldn't say it WON'T happen. It just might take a while to get some of the website issues sorted out, so I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm lucky I got a forgotten password email or I might not be on here right now.

redfirepearlgt
08-07-2013, 10:34 PM
I wasn't trying to say you started anything. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just referring to Chads explanation of the moderators abilities and limitations and my comments about the fact that there are no Admins in the newbies section to address any questions they may have about the site and in the site help section.
I know it's a long shot, but I haven't given up hope on this site. We just need some admins that care about it.

Beef does care I know that. The guy does what he can, but has so many irons in the fire I have no idea when he sleeps. Others I am sure will claim they have other life obligations that distract them from the site, and that is fine, but with that comes manning up and turning the reigns over to another that can handle the site and wants to handle the daily dealings with the site. The site needs someone who will delegate and allow people to make decisions on who stays, who goes, sets up cruise ins, T-shirts, decals, etc. If the site thrives the memory of the man who created it will remain alive. Let it wither on the vine and so will his legacy. Right now this tree ain't producing any figs. End of story.

rtvickers
08-07-2013, 10:46 PM

I know you didn't. That wasn't meant for you. I know the people behind the scenes read through some of this stuff. And some of them take it personal when people get on here and whine. I was just saying that so hopefully they wouldn't get the wrong idea about the thread. I just wanted to get people motivated to be more active like posting and coming out to cruises. So its all good. Charlie Brown.

4n_eatr
08-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Dammit... JUST when I start to forget about it... Lol... Damn pumpkins...