PDA

View Full Version : Vacation ideas?

SN95N/A
08-17-2013, 04:58 AM
The women and I will be going on vacation in october,She's dead set on Panama Fl.I want to go outside of the U.S but thats not going to happen.Has Anyone ever been to Panama?good/bad place to go? Anyone reccomend going anywhere else?Thanks

jktruckin06
08-17-2013, 05:08 AM
If Florida is the spot, Vero Beach area on the Atlantic is nice. I love the Ft Myers area for partying and Sanibel Island for relaxing.

SN95N/A
08-17-2013, 05:45 AM
I will deffinately check those places out after work.

sean
08-17-2013, 07:44 AM
We usually rent a place on the beach by Patrick air force base. Just down from cocoa beach. We get a two bedroom place. Has everything your home would have already there for you. You don't have to drive to the beach and get sand every where. We just got back a few weeks ago. Flew into Orlando and rented a car. Stayed on the 6th floor of a place that had a view down the beach from every window including the screend in balcony, pool on the beach for 700 a week, and rented a car for three hundred something for two weeks.

SN95N/A
08-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Damn sounds nice I found a pretty nice place in panama yesterday it was 820/week

4n_eatr
08-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Depends on what you're wanting to do. The tourist spots are good, but pretty expensive to do anything and extremely busy. I'm in St.Georges Island (right on the water with a private beach) right now about 100 miles from Panama City right outside Apalachicola and it's awesome down here BUT there's not a lot to do. They have jet skis and kayaks and stuff but their main attractions are restaurants. If you want to just hang out and relax I'd come down here, theres a place a few houses down that has a two bedroom right on the beach for 850/ wk. Next time I come down I want to do some scuba diving and some other stuff so we'll probably go to Panama City but this was awesome to just come down and relax.

SN95N/A
08-17-2013, 09:09 AM
^Have you been to panama? If so how did ya like it?

4n_eatr
08-17-2013, 10:26 AM
I've been through there before buy didnt really stop and do anything. If you guys want to be out and about every day then it looks like a fun place to go. Lots of things to do. I'm going down there to scuba dive next year because apparently the water is really clear.

SN95N/A
08-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah I just want to go to a great place because she rarely gets vacations,I can take a vacation whenever.but I think shes dead set on Panama.

redfirepearlgt
08-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Panama the country or Panama City FLA?

Savanah GA is supposed to be awesome. Charleston,SC is great...been there. SanDiego,CA is phenom...lived there. Grand Canyon is breath taking...seen it. Boston. MA is a great time. Been there. Gettyburg, PA is wonderful. Honey mooned there. Baltimore Maryland is a great place as well (can be visited while in Gettysburg...not far to drive)...Been there several times. Williamsburg, Yosemite, Yellow Stone, Redwood forest, all supposed to be great buty never been to them YET. Honolulu, HI is wonderful but expensive...been there.

Hope that helps.

Goldenpony
08-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Don't know what your budget is, but if you want the vacation of a lifetime, think MAUI! The most perfect place on the planet. ;)

SN95N/A
08-17-2013, 01:51 PM
I suggested that to her yesterday for some reason shes stuck on tennessee and florida.

redfirepearlgt
08-17-2013, 01:54 PM
I suggested that to her yesterday for some reason shes stuck on tennessee and florida.

keep momma happy. I know how that is. If I ask mine where she wants to go for a VACATION ITS always, ALWAYS, "Lets go back to emerald Isle." She's only been there 16.9 trillion times. It was all I could do to get her to Hawaii once. Then I had to take her to Emerald Isle for 2 summers. THERES NOTHING THERE BUT SEAFOOD AND HUSHPUPPIES. Their great hushpuppies but still...I want to see the other 2billion sites in this land of ours. Oh and screw europe and world travel IMO.

Goldenpony
08-17-2013, 02:00 PM
We have been to Hawaii 8 times, various islands. It has never gotten old for us. Going back next summer.

97dustang
08-18-2013, 09:50 AM
I live in Clearwater and its beautiful down here. Lots to do, but all the beach cities pretty much have the same stuff. I was in Pensacola, FL a couple weeks ago which isn't too far from panama city and it was really nice there, a couple buddies of mine went over to panama city and said they loved it. If you end up coming down try out parasailing, its a really good time and has a cool view.
As far as out of the country, I'd recommend San Juan, Puerto Rico. Flights there aren't too expensive and there is so much cool stuff there. And there is enough "American presence" there that you can get around fine without speaking Spanish or worry about being abducted or anything.
Another fun one was St. Thomas. absolutely breathtaking views, plenty of beach to relax on, or go into town and enjoy the touristy stuff.

maverick
08-19-2013, 10:04 AM
If your Lady wants to go to Panama, I recommend you go to Panama. I've been there, you will enjoy it. I think all of Florida is great, as long as your near the coast. The wife and I are heading out to Los Angeles California for our first time to the west coast in October.

SN95N/A
08-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah we reserved a condo yesterday for panama should be a good time.

SN95N/A
08-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Got a problem all condos require you too be 25 years old bummer.

rtvickers
08-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Got a problem all condos require you too be 25 years old bummer.

Take me and problem solved. Lol

jeep45238
08-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Or me, I've got that met by a few years.

sean
08-19-2013, 11:19 PM
We do the condo thing every year. Never have to give I'd and not once have we met the person we are renting from. Send a deposit or just pay in full ahead of time. The key is always in a lock box on the premises and your in. I really don't think you'll have a problem. Check v.r.b.o. On line. All private owners renting their place out. Age never came in while talking and most of the time it's all done through emails so you don't even have to talk to the owner if you don't want to. As far as age it's going to be don't ask don't tell.

SN95N/A
08-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks sean we got a place

1987coupe
08-22-2013, 09:54 AM
I Have been to Panama city beach a hand full of times and wouldn't think twice about going again! Lots of rental places to rent whatever. Very nice place!

Timido
08-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Panama City is a great time you will enjoy it. Killer sand and beaches. :bigthumb