PDA

View Full Version : S/W Governor .410/45 awesome!!!

redfirepearlgt
09-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Shot one of these at the family reunion this weekend down home. What a nice piece. This S/W Gov. is the cats meow. We were firing .410 rounds packed with 4 count .000 buck. That's right only four sleeved into that neat little shotgun shell and man does it hold a pattern. At thirty feet we were shooting at a 50 gallon drum and expecting to see maybe one hole in the pattern. WRONG! We saw two holes about 4 inches apart and two buckshot tore through each of these two holes. This thing fires nice, looks solid and mean, and has accuracy at 30ft anyway. We closed in to 20 ft and it laid all four .000 shot inside a 2 inch area making only again two holes. I likey, likey, likey.

Had some fun with a Model 700 BDL 22/250 Remington and some tanerite (spelling...you know that stuff that goes boom when you hit it with a round?) at 100 yards, and also shot up some 380 rounds on the little P238 Sig. Was a great time. Sure wish we'd had some old cars or appliances to shoot at. Nothing like blowin stuff up!!!

Goldenpony
09-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Sounds like a fun piece. My neighbor has a Judge which sounds similar.

redfirepearlgt
09-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Yes the Taurus judge is on the same concept. He looked at both and said that the $50 price increase for the S/W was worth it to him because the weapon just looked better assembled and because it felt better. Plus its Made in USA. Our family as a rule will poay more if the product is MADE in USA or at least USA origin and not assembled in China.

jktruckin06
09-04-2013, 11:08 AM
hey chad my buddy had one in stock the other day. both the governor and the judge actually. if you want to add it to the arsenal that is

DeckerEnt
09-10-2013, 01:03 AM
I am planning on my farm party soon. Keep an eye out..LOL

redfirepearlgt
09-10-2013, 07:42 PM
hey chad my buddy had one in stock the other day. both the governor and the judge actually. if you want to add it to the arsenal that is

thinking about it. Really want to get one of those little Ruger double action 380's first. The gov was a fun gun to shoot, but would be tough to hide unless you had a pair of 38 D's to tuck it under LOL! You need to get our and hang with us some. We miss you man!