PDA

View Full Version : Any Diesel guys on here?

Pitbull1052
09-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Looking for some information on possibly doing a diesel swap. Most likely a 4BT into an older pre 80's truck 2wd! Unless someone can give me some other ideas for a possible upcoming project.
That's all i'm going to say about the project so far

Thanks,

Brad

leroy93lx
09-09-2013, 04:34 PM
I have a buddy with one in a 98 Wrangler chassis rock crawler. It goes ok. His torque hurts him at times when he needs to be able to rev on it. In a 2 wheel drive truck it should be pretty nasty. You can get great power out of them. A D50 or Luv truck would be pretty sweet Rollin coal!

Pitbull1052
09-09-2013, 04:38 PM
I have a buddy with one in a 98 Wrangler chassis rock crawler. It goes ok. His torque hurts him at times when he needs to be able to rev on it. In a 2 wheel drive truck it should be pretty nasty. You can get great power out of them. A D50 or Luv truck would be pretty sweet Rollin coal!

That's kind of what i'm thinking I watched a couple of youtube vids of them in cars running something crazy like 9.60's or something. Did he do it himself? I don't really know much about them so I was looking for some guidence on what to look out for good or what to look for even.

leroy93lx
09-09-2013, 07:46 PM
He built it himself. It has the stock turbo off my brother in laws 03 Cummins with custom wheels in it and a housing port job. It's p-pump swapped with an aftermarket cam. I think Monster Mike did the pump and injectors. It's 430ish to the tire. It's a conversation piece but he regrets doing it. His new chassis has an 400+ cubic inch LS going in it if that tells you anything. Very cool swap just expensive like every other diesel.