PDA

View Full Version : Needing Prayers

fastone
09-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Guys I don't post much on here, but this one is important. If you all have not heard via media outlets yet, a Whitley City, KY volunteer firefighter was burned over 90% of his body the Friday before Labor Day weekend. Whitley City is four hours from Cincy, it is located on the TN/KY border on US 27. Amazingly Lt. Arlie "Pooh" Hill has surpassed what the doctors have said would happen. They have given him little chance to live, yet every time they do this, Pooh pulls through and keeps fighting. One thing I have noticied more as I get older, I can preform the most perfect paramedic skills for a patient, and the hospital can do everything correct and the patient still dies. There is one BIG doctor above that has a plan, and right now, thanks to him, Pooh is still with his family. The local fire departments (Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky) have been staying with the family at UC during the day taking care of the family needs. If you want to know more, there is a facebook page called Prayers for Pooh. It will tell you what he was doing when he got burned and other info on him and his family. So please take a moment to say a prayer for Pooh! Thanks!

redfirepearlgt
09-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Just added him to my prayer list. Being a paramedic and believer you have to know that God DOES answer all prayers. It just isn't always our will in how the prayer is answered. He has his reasons for answering the way he does. Sometimes its not apparent right away, but sometimes the reason is not apparent for years to come. But there is always a reason. I pray for this as I do all prayer. It be God's will. Take care and thanks for posting.

It never ceases to amaze me these days as I find my self getting all eaten up with my little problems with my car, neighbors, and losing favorite Great Aunts who lived to be 94 that God puts me in check and I find myself reading about something like this. It humbles me and makes my problems seem really pathetically petty.

Here's to your firefighter comrade. May God be with him. comfort him, and pull him through so he may function in a normal or near normal capacity and go on to be a witness of Gods miraculous power. Godl bless.

NO SHOT
09-14-2013, 09:30 PM
He and his family are in my prayers ....

firestang70
09-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Prayers for a fellow smoke eater.