PDA

View Full Version : the end result is even funnier

redfirepearlgt
09-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Was heading over to Milford yesterday afternoon. Was in the #1 lane just after getting on 275E. No cops in site and just a car or two ahead in the middle and outer #3. Behind me is a crotch rocket riding my tail. Sooooooo...

Upshift to third, nail it and watch as I unbelievably pull away from him. And I mean he is giving it all he's got. Laying down flat on the tank, and no matter what he does he can't catch up. I hit fifth and let out.......BEEEEYOW!!!!! And he goes flyin by (finally) in the middle lane. He's closing on a car up ahead and switches to the right lane. All of a sudden he's sitting up right, left hand on hip one handing the throttle and slowing down. I am back down to cruising speed and every car around is now overtaking him as he eases off onto the shoulder... LOL! I think he ran out of gas...LOL!!!!! I like to rolled over laughing.

Thought the fact that he ran out of gas made the story worth sharing. Hope that's all it was. Hope he did not damage anything.

THE END

mustang8998
09-24-2013, 04:46 AM
And you didn't stop to check on him....

Seems like that was a rant recently!

plated
09-24-2013, 04:53 AM
Sure it wasnt a moped lol jfwy

redfirepearlgt
09-24-2013, 07:33 AM
And you didn't stop to check on him....

Seems like that was a rant recently!

His running out of gas was not inflicted by me. Poor planning on your pat does not an enmergency place on my part. Had I run over somethigng that would have put him to the side of the road...you bet I would have. He was near Mont. Rd exit and could walk to the gas station right there.

jeep45238
09-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I'll be honest, I don't stop to check on anybody that I don't personally know. I'll make a phone call to non-emergency local PD to send somebody to help/check up on them, but no further.

Call me inhumane or paranoid, but being on the side of the road with a bunch of traffic moving by to stop with a stranger with a completely unknown history is not my idea of a good thing, especially when objects of value (wallet, car, anything in either/or) may be at risk with an unscrupulous person.

And semi's don't stop on a dime.

redfirepearlgt
09-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Sure it wasnt a moped lol jfwy

Probably was Chris. LOL! That 2013 won't get out of its own way. :rolleyes:

mustang8998
09-24-2013, 11:19 AM
His running out of gas was not inflicted by me. Poor planning on your pat does not an enmergency place on my part. Had I run over somethigng that would have put him to the side of the road...you bet I would have. He was near Mont. Rd exit and could walk to the gas station right there.

I wouldn't stop, either. I'm simply pointing out how you don't know what happened (as was probably the case, with the CJ owner). Maybe something did hit him. Maybe he broke. Making an assumption does you know what. Most bikes have reserve fuel, so I'll assume it was something else.

jeep45238
09-24-2013, 12:29 PM
I don't ride - but everytime a rider has pointed out the reserve system to me it had a manual valve for it. I wouldn't want to reach down/around and fumble around to find that thing while I'm at speed on a bike.

Either way, who knows.

mustang8998
09-24-2013, 01:39 PM
It ain't hard, Jeep.

jeep45238
09-24-2013, 02:35 PM
I never said it was, I'm just untalented.

5.0calypso93lx
09-24-2013, 02:44 PM
40 roll Chad? :D

rtvickers
09-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Dont let him fool you. Oscar will get up and GOOO000oooooo.......

redfirepearlgt
09-24-2013, 04:42 PM
40 roll Chad? :D

That's okay James. I won't count on that happening again anytime soon. Had to be a fluke or like plated said, "A Moped". HP to weight ratios are 99-100 in favor of the bike. But should you roll up on me some nice clear day in zero traffic on that Yamaha, I'll play just to see how bad you beat me. :bigthumb

Its all just for fun. BTW hows the wife and kid? Miss your grandparents btw. Tell them we say hi. Thanks

redfirepearlgt
09-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Dont let him fool you. Oscar will get up and GOOO000oooooo.......

Oscar is a slug...who you foolin?

rtvickers
09-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Oscar is a slug...who you foolin?

Have you seen the movie Turbo? If Oscar was a slug he would be Turbo.

Wasabi went mid 12's on street tires. Add the attitude adjustment. It would be interesting to see what Oscar would do on a set of slicks. On what 5-6 lbs of boost? Your being modest like me. I can understand that but you and I both know the potential in that car. Every time I see that car it makes me want to upgrade. Kudos on the win.

redfirepearlgt
09-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Have you seen the movie Turbo? If Oscar was a slug he would be Turbo.

Wasabi went mid 12's on street tires. Add the attitude adjustment. It would be interesting to see what Oscar would do on a set of slicks. On what 5-6 lbs of boost? Your being modest like me. I can understand that but you and I both know the potential in that car. Every time I see that car it makes me want to upgrade. Kudos on the win.

He ain't no BLACK MAMBA! Oscar has already felt the hexation and vexation of Black Mamba. You duh man!

rtvickers
09-24-2013, 11:05 PM
He ain't no BLACK MAMBA! Oscar has already felt the hexation and vexation of Black Mamba. You duh man!

Lamo!!! The coyote is the predator and the black mamba is they prey. According to the animal planet. Lol

jeep45238
09-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Either way, I've watch both of you take off. I swear you both have to have UDMH onboard (rocket fuel).

redfirepearlgt
09-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Lamo!!! The coyote is the predator and the black mamba is they prey. According to the animal planet. Lol

Black Mamba bite is fatal untreated. Oscar is just a grouch. LOL!

5.0calypso93lx
09-25-2013, 07:59 AM
That's okay James. I won't count on that happening again anytime soon. Had to be a fluke or like plated said, "A Moped". HP to weight ratios are 99-100 in favor of the bike. But should you roll up on me some nice clear day in zero traffic on that Yamaha, I'll play just to see how bad you beat me. :bigthumb

Its all just for fun. BTW hows the wife and kid? Miss your grandparents btw. Tell them we say hi. Thanks

Same here :( Bike is down for some cylinder head repair. The boy is doing good. I have no idea how is mother is :lol:

jktruckin06
09-25-2013, 08:54 AM
Here ya go Chad... For your inner Oscar

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l583/jktruckin06/my_favorite_tapiture_photos_of_the_week_50_photos3 4_zps5e7ff9dd.jpg (http://s1125.photobucket.com/user/jktruckin06/media/my_favorite_tapiture_photos_of_the_week_50_photos3 4_zps5e7ff9dd.jpg.html)

redfirepearlgt
09-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Same here :( Bike is down for some cylinder head repair. The boy is doing good. I have no idea how is mother is :lol:

You need to get that Fox finished. Now that car will BE A four wheeled crotch rocket when its finished! THen you can sell the ya-momma-haul. Good to hear the boy is doing well.

redfirepearlgt
09-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Here ya go Chad... For your inner Oscar

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l583/jktruckin06/my_favorite_tapiture_photos_of_the_week_50_photos3 4_zps5e7ff9dd.jpg (http://s1125.photobucket.com/user/jktruckin06/media/my_favorite_tapiture_photos_of_the_week_50_photos3 4_zps5e7ff9dd.jpg.html)

That's a riot John. Where did you find that? I love it!

jktruckin06
09-25-2013, 03:41 PM
This website/app called the Chive. They just pictures of hot ass girls, funny and random stuff