PDA

View Full Version : The Exchange in SD

devous1
10-07-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm looking to pick up a new long range gun Remington 700 XRC in 300WM. Trying to find one is near impossible and two of our local gun stores won't even attempt to order one because they know they can't guarantee any type of delivery. So I've been hunting around online Gunbroker, Armslist and Auction Arms. There is a place in SD called the Exchange that SAYS they have one in stock new in the box and the price is cheap. I've bought and sold plenty of guns online so it's nothing new, this for some reason just seems a little different?

Has anyone ever heard of this place?

devous1
10-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Skip that before I could get my FFL certificate faxed the gun was gone. All of the sudden every single one in the country has been sold.

devous1
10-19-2013, 06:11 PM
I tried another online store in TX I think it was Highland or something like that. I purchased it online and had my FFL fax in the certificate only to get an email from them 3 days later saying the gun they had in inventory was damaged and they are refunding my payment.

I found another one on Gunbroker from a gunshop in Lexington that I have bought a hard to find gun off before. Buds Gun Shop, I think this is the third time I've purchased off them and have never had an issue.

ibstrokin
10-20-2013, 01:51 PM
You may want to consider a 7mm mag also. With a 180 Berger, the 7mm mag is faster, flatter, and less wind. The 300 WM is still a great choice, I would recommend Hornady 208 amax's, which are tough to find right now, but they are the go to bullet in 300WM. I stopped in a gun shop in Louisville a couple weeks ago, they surprised me with their selection. I'll have to look there name up. Also, try Sportsmans warehouse in Lexington, they are about a mile from Buds, and they have a good selection. Also check out Woodbury outfitters near Jeffersonville,OH, they have a lot in stock.

I'm pretty familiar with long range shooting, are you set on a 300WM or are there any others your considering?

Savage makes a model 12 LRP (long range precision) that are very nice with proper twist rates for high BC bullets, their worth considering.

ibstrokin
10-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Check out Shooters Supply in Louisville, KY, they do have long range rifles, scopes and reloading supplies in stock, and they had 208 amax's in stock as of 2 weeks ago.